Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1090589 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #255 on: April 15, 2012, 11:27:43 pm »
I though the fossils were planted by satan to make us question our faith in God.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #256 on: April 15, 2012, 11:29:06 pm »

The fossils say the opposite. That is a nice triceratops skull though :P.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #257 on: April 16, 2012, 08:58:08 am »
Evolution is a fairy tale for grown-ups?

That's a shiney mirror you have there, religious person.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #258 on: April 16, 2012, 12:10:07 pm »

....oh boy my brain just broke again!  TIME FOR THE RAMPAGING!

Ironbite-*cackles madly as he vanishes into the night that is broken by explosions*

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #259 on: April 16, 2012, 07:31:30 pm »
What fossils are against evolution?

Offline MisterMuncher

• 6061 Aluminium Chef
  • Neonate
« Reply #260 on: April 16, 2012, 08:32:41 pm »
I consider a wee Christian fish badge on a car a sign to handle it with care, as the drivers of same tend toward the lower end of the driving skill/ highway code knowledge/ cyclist friendly pool

If I seen that coming, I'd get myself into the next county sharpish.

(Anecdotally. In my time, I reckon I've nailed the "problem road users by decoration" thing quite well. Basically, anyone using a car as an advert for their beliefs or a fashion accessory is best avoided. And pretty much anyone in a Hyundai Accent, small Vauxhall vans, brightly coloured french hatchbacks. And definitely any business-sponsored SMaRT, MINI, Fiat 500 or suchlike. By comparison, the perennial bugbears of motorists, like Beemers, Mercs, SUVs tend to stay the fuck away from me. Perhaps I look like my sideburns would scratch their paintwork).

Offline Deus ex Populo

• Bishop
    • My Tumblr, for what it's worth...
« Reply #261 on: April 16, 2012, 11:05:59 pm »

"Big Ass Misteak [sic]" indeed.
"Scientific truth is beyond loyalty and disloyalty." - Hari Seldon, Foundation

"[A] blunderbuss or cannon is hardly likely to be used for a drive-by shooting."
- From Wikipedia

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #262 on: April 16, 2012, 11:21:26 pm »
Misteak...not quite as good as proper steak, but it serves its purpose.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #263 on: April 17, 2012, 12:27:52 am »
Mmmmmm... misteak *Drools*
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #264 on: April 17, 2012, 03:16:18 am »
I consider a wee Christian fish badge on a car a sign to handle it with care, as the drivers of same tend toward the lower end of the driving skill/ highway code knowledge/ cyclist friendly pool

If I seen that coming, I'd get myself into the next county sharpish.

(Anecdotally. In my time, I reckon I've nailed the "problem road users by decoration" thing quite well. Basically, anyone using a car as an advert for their beliefs or a fashion accessory is best avoided. And pretty much anyone in a Hyundai Accent, small Vauxhall vans, brightly coloured french hatchbacks. And definitely any business-sponsored SMaRT, MINI, Fiat 500 or suchlike. By comparison, the perennial bugbears of motorists, like Beemers, Mercs, SUVs tend to stay the fuck away from me. Perhaps I look like my sideburns would scratch their paintwork).

The only things I have on my car now are:

1) A POW/MIA ribbon. Now, some people think there's no point to them. But it means a lot to me considering I've known some POWs. It isn't some platitude like 'support our troops'. It's true blue emotion and belief about how I want our POWs and MIAs home, safe and sound. But I won't get any further into that debate.
2) A 'runs on caffeine' magnet from Think Geek. It might have a tinge of comedy considering I drive an SUV.

Plus, I like to think I drive responsibly for someone in an SUV. ;)

As for 'misteak'. Wow.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #265 on: April 17, 2012, 06:38:15 am »
Where I live, it seems like the more political and/or religious the bumper stickers, the worst the driver.  Unfortunately, this applies to the anti and pro Obama ones as well.  The ones who actually use turn signals and observe stop signs and red lights have stuff like, "Coexist," "Save the Strippers," or a tattoo company as bumper stickers.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #266 on: April 17, 2012, 01:19:01 pm »
I have a Penn State bumper sticker, which is mostly my brother reminding me that the car is technically ours to share, although he's off at, well, Penn State, and I'm here.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #267 on: April 17, 2012, 03:12:38 pm »
Now from Australia:
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #268 on: April 17, 2012, 04:10:34 pm »
You should see the 'kiss-ins' that were staged to protest their protest. Nothing like gay dudes making out to piss off extremists.

And make us straight folk slightly uncomfortable XD
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline myusername

• Bishop
« Reply #269 on: April 17, 2012, 05:05:15 pm »
Now from Australia:

What's Athiesm???