Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1091383 times)

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #120 on: March 18, 2012, 01:56:38 pm »
Actaully, I think it is a tad more classist than racist. Of course, given the disproportionate racial distribution among classes, it is hard to be classist without also being racist. So… whatever.

And another thing: I don’t think anything on that list is a constitutionally protected right (except maybe “buy a firearm,” depending on your interpretation of the 2nd ammendment). They are privileges.
-A Pen Name

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2012, 03:42:52 pm »

So tell me, where in the Bible did it ever concluded Christians are to be 'pro-life'? (Hint: It's not in Jeremiah. . . or anywhere else really).
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2012, 03:53:45 pm »
*checks Pro-Choice without a second thought*
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2012, 04:09:03 pm »

So tell me, where in the Bible did it ever concluded Christians are to be 'pro-life'? (Hint: It's not in Jeremiah. . . or anywhere else really).
Christian is a blanket term for anyone of any faith that believes the Jesus depicted in the Gospels is the true son of God.

I can start a church that is pro-choice -the Modern Day Advent Penecostal Lutheran Friends of Life Church if you will- , and as long as I recognize Jesus as the one true God, we would be Christians. So I object to this, since it falls under "no true Scotsman."

Either way, you make me choose, you're NOT going to like my answer.

EDIT

Now that I've thought about it, I need to get one of these cards, at least for Roman Catholocism:

YOU DECIDE...
[ ] Pro Death Penalty

[ ] Roman Catholic

(And no, you can't be both)

The Roman Catholic Church stands against the Death Penalty. It's also against contraceptives, so...

YOU DECIDE...
[ ] Birth Control

[ ] Roman Catholic

(And no, you can't be both)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 04:12:29 pm by e13 »

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2012, 04:20:00 pm »

You mean I can choose the answer guaranteed to both anger and terrify them? SCORE!
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2012, 04:33:42 pm »
I chose both because we have this thing called 'free will'.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2012, 05:11:59 pm »

The OT actually clearly makes a differentiation between a fetus and a person who has been born. If someone causes a pregnant woman to miscarry, "he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine." (Exodus 21:22). If the person causes a pregnant woman to die, then the person is executed. (Exodus 21:23)

But of course, since I doubt most right-wing Christians have ever read the Bible, most would never know those verses are there.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2012, 05:14:22 pm »

The OT actually clearly makes a differentiation between a fetus and a person who has been born. If someone causes a pregnant woman to miscarry, "he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine." (Exodus 21:22). If the person causes a pregnant woman to die, then the person is executed. (Exodus 21:23)

But of course, since I doubt most right-wing Christians have ever read the Bible, most would never know those verses are there.

Exactly. The most is that the aborted fetus is property damage rather than lost of life in the Bible. Also it only counted towards forced abortions, which is not pro-choice.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2012, 05:21:51 pm »
Okie dokie.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 05:23:57 pm by Damen »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #129 on: March 25, 2012, 05:42:14 pm »
Another dichotomy, arguably more offensive.

I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2012, 06:26:50 pm »

OK, so what's the other kind of person?  ;)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #131 on: March 25, 2012, 07:12:58 pm »

That's basically my dad's philosophy. If you're not willing to suck Ron Paul's dick, then by default you are sucking the dick of Big Government, Big Pharma, the Bilderberg Group, and the NWO.

I prefer to say that there are three kinds of people in this world: People who can count and those who can't.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2012, 12:21:28 am »

That's basically my dad's philosophy. If you're not willing to suck Ron Paul's dick, then by default you are sucking the dick of Big Government, Big Pharma, the Bilderberg Group, and the NWO.

I prefer to say that there are three kinds of people in this world: People who can count and those who can't.

I'm starting to not like your father.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2012, 08:46:02 pm »
I didn't like him a looong time ago. Like 2 months.

I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2012, 08:57:16 pm »
Well, guess what. Unless you are paying for her insurance, your money don’t even enter into the equation.
-A Pen Name