Author Topic: Changing my name soon  (Read 1940 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
Changing my name soon
« on: May 13, 2018, 02:25:00 pm »
I will be creating a new name for myself here soon.  It was originally the very flippant "Jocasta McFucken" which was based on a name I saw in my spam filter one day and thought was amusing.  Then I tried to scale it back to just "Jocasta" but I'm not female, and Jocasta is a female name.

Coming soon:  Bob Rumba.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
Re: Changing my name soon
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2018, 12:34:52 am »

Okay, a techie question for you. Or maybe something interesting to try. How long does a Christian News ban last?

Find one of your DISQUS accounts that was banned many moons ago, edit the file, both "Profile" name and"Account" username. Then see if you can comment

This may still run fouls of a possible IP ban on that address, but you known how to bypass that problem.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2018, 12:36:31 am »
Interesting theory.  I should try it.  I never go back to old names, or at least never tried to.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2018, 01:14:40 am »
Here you go. Take your pick.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2018, 07:40:05 am »
Here you go. Take your pick.

Hey, I remember #40 (Dick Assman) from the Late Show With David Letterman!  He's even got his own Wikipedia article (RIP, btw)

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 10:46:32 am »

Okay, a techie question for you. Or maybe something interesting to try. How long does a Christian News ban last?

Find one of your DISQUS accounts that was banned many moons ago, edit the file, both "Profile" name and"Account" username. Then see if you can comment

This may still run fouls of a possible IP ban on that address, but you known how to bypass that problem.

OK, sorry for the delay, I tried this yesterday having had a good reason to do it.  It doesn't work.  I think that's because your name on Disqus is this weird thing that starts with a @ symbol and you can never change it.  The name everyone SEES which you CAN change is the name you are known by in the forums and what everyone calls you, but Disqus doesn't care about that, it knows you by your "system name". 

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 01:17:17 pm »
OK, sorry for the delay, I tried this yesterday having had a good reason to do it.  It doesn't work.  I think that's because your name on Disqus is this weird thing that starts with a @ symbol and you can never change it.  The name everyone SEES which you CAN change is the name you are known by in the forums and what everyone calls you, but Disqus doesn't care about that, it knows you by your "system name".

Thanks.
Actually both of us have changed the DISQUS @ account name. However, the required email address may well be the hangup. And to change the email you must confirm the new address is valid (and probably valid).
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi