Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice III  (Read 10863 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Worst of Social Justice III
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2019, 12:57:10 am »
Thing is, my name is common as fuck.  The problem is, everyone spells it fucking wrong (with a 'c') instead of the right way (with a 'k').  Don't blame me because people aren't taught how to spell shit right.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2019, 01:59:09 am »
Hell, my first name is a pretty common name in the main language of the area where I live, without any alternate spellings, and I still see it misspelled.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2019, 02:12:28 am »
...Welp, I guess people and languages are stupid.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2019, 05:23:08 am »
Hell, my first name is a pretty common name in the main language of the area where I live, without any alternate spellings, and I still see it misspelled.

The education system has failed us.

Quote from: niam2023
She calls any female rappers "fake women"

Okay, all that other stuff his pretty standard for "crazy fucking tumblr radfem" but this one is new. I don't get it.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2019, 11:30:59 am »
...Welp, I guess people and languages are stupid.

Now you're gettin' it.  ;)
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 04:05:34 am »

The education system has failed us.

Quote from: niam2023
She calls any female rappers "fake women"

Okay, all that other stuff his pretty standard for "crazy fucking tumblr radfem" but this one is new. I don't get it.

I am guessing it's some transphobia / conspiracy theorist tendencies mixed together.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2019, 12:13:54 am »

Wouldn't this reduce our representation in reaction gifs?
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2019, 12:50:46 am »
Yes because performances based on stereotypes are the same thing as... reacting using images of actual people, who presumably are acting like they have normal human emotions and intelligence. I guess.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2019, 01:30:13 pm »

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2019, 01:28:26 pm »
The entire thing with Blood Heir I recently heard about from twitter definitely qualifies as the worst of Social Justice.

Basically a French-Chinese immigrant named Amelie Wen Zhao was going to write and release a trilogy of YA fantasy novels, with the first book Blood Heir having already been completed and advanced copies being passed around for review purposes. Gatekeeping American YA Twitter people saw examples of slavery in the novel and immediately thought of American Chattel Slavery of Black people and accused the book of being racist, along with making up a bunch of rumors about plagiarism and Zhao screenshotting critics (yes, screenshots, how incredibly nefarious)

Anyway, she was forced to cancel because of a harassment mob on twitter creating a smear campaign against her. So basically a bunch of privileged (mostly white) Americans harassed a woman of color into submission because they didn't like her fantasy novel.

The kicker: the slavery was supposed to parallel modern human trafficking slavery taking place in China and other parts of Asia, where Amelie grew up. It was a complete warping of her books content and ironically accusing her of racism was well... a massively racist harassment campaign.

Read these articles for more detail:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/31/books/amelie-wen-zhao-blood-heir-ya-author-pulls-debut-accusations-racism.html

https://slate.com/culture/2019/01/blood-heir-ya-book-twitter-controversy.html

https://www.vulture.com/2019/01/ya-twitter-forces-rising-star-author-to-self-cancel.html

https://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/279806/how-a-twitter-mob-destroyed-a-young-immigrant-female-authors-budding-career

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2019, 07:13:05 pm »
Social Justice Crusader: B-But she needs to know WE TRUE PROGRESSIVES know what's best for her as a woman of color! She just needs to shut up and let us give her rights...except the right to speak for herself. She's too racist to use that right correctly.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2019, 08:54:34 am »
Social Justice Crusader: B-But she needs to know WE TRUE PROGRESSIVES know what's best for her as a woman of color! She just needs to shut up and let us give her rights...except the right to speak for herself. She's too racist to use that right correctly.

Isn't it good that we have these nanny state SJW morons to protect us from ourselves? I mean, can you imagine all the independent thinking, all the differing viewpoints, differing perspectives we'd have to deal with without them? I shudder to think about being on my own finding things to be outraged by.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2019, 09:27:07 pm »
friendly reminder that you don't get to celebrate lunar new year unless you're literally from a country that does or if you are invited by someone who is from a country that does

Imagine somebody saying non-Irish people can't celebrate St. Patrick's Day.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2019, 09:47:50 pm »
Friendly reminder that I'm the official gatekeeper of events that by my own logic I'm not even allowed to glance sideways at.

Shut up, you don't make sense.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 06:20:09 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2019, 03:39:37 am »
Chloe Bennett really needs to make up for her past if she doesn't want to be problematic af. On top of the whole name shit, she dated Logan fucking Paul. If that isn't betraying her fans (who expected a progressive actress) I don't know what is.Now that they broke up, she should date someone less likely to anger and frustrate her loyal fans.