Author Topic: The New New Art Thread.  (Read 95549 times)

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
Re: The New New Art Thread.
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2012, 08:18:07 am »
One of my friends has been doing some very basic Photoshop stuff, putting pictures in pre-made frames and adding captions. Nothing wrong with that, but the other day, he said he was going to practice his skills a bit and try to make a career out of it. *sigh* It bugs me how people seem to think being a professional artist is so damn easy.

And what does an artist do when something ticks him off? Draws a snarky comic, of course!

I never thought I would be rich and famous because of my art, but adults always told me I would be when I was a kid. I was cynical about that even as a wee lad.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2012, 11:25:55 am »
Yeah, I never actually thought I'd get rich from it.

@ Kristine: That's really cool. (I'm resisting the urge to make a joke about the Doctor searching for a new companion.) What do you mean by "printable" tardis? Was that a 2D cutout that you fold into shape?

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2012, 12:45:16 pm »
Yeah, I never actually thought I'd get rich from it.

@ Kristine: That's really cool. (I'm resisting the urge to make a joke about the Doctor searching for a new companion.) What do you mean by "printable" tardis? Was that a 2D cutout that you fold into shape?

I think he meant it was like papercraft. I've seen a few papercraft tardisi, though not scaled down that small.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2012, 10:56:13 pm »

I think he meant it was like papercraft. I've seen a few papercraft tardisi, though not scaled down that small.

On this site you can find the patterns for the tardis, the daleks and more - http://cyberdrone.deviantart.com/gallery/9187037?offset=0

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2012, 08:37:07 pm »
I decided to experiment with embossing foil and made some African themed designs. I am trying to figure out what glue to use to glue it to the poster board that I just got. I plan on hanging these in my dining room/art room.

I'm hoping to get it all together eventually.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2012, 09:02:06 pm »
Those are cool. I like the ones with the lizardy-looking designs especially.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2012, 11:23:10 pm »
I made rinoz!

I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2012, 05:37:52 pm »
Well I made these three drawings.

Some of the proportions seem to be off a bit.

Also Lexicon, that is a great rhino.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2012, 01:36:53 am »
Well I made these three drawings.

Some of the proportions seem to be off a bit.
I thought the proportions looked okay (heads might be a little large for the bodies but not bad) but the arm/wrist/hand holding the glass needs some sort of shading - I tried to put my own hand in that position and couldn't...

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #84 on: April 23, 2012, 12:11:49 am »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2012, 05:22:41 am »
I don't normally post in here, because I am by no shakes a great artist, and also I don't like being critiqued. But I just finished this piece of fanart, and allowed myself a tiny measure of pride for it. Please don't lambaste me too badly over it. >w>

This is Cteno, who is some unusual variation of pony that no one's quite sure about (not even herself). She has a tumblr, to which my art pales in comparison, but the character was too visually interesting not to try. And yes, it's only two hours work in MS Paint, but I am still kind of fond of my effort~
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:27:05 am by DarkfireTaimatsu »
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2012, 03:10:45 pm »
I like to make gifs. Here are some I have made.

Home Movies:

Futurama:

James Hetfield:

Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #88 on: May 02, 2012, 10:22:36 pm »
Random doodle while bored at work.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2012, 12:22:51 am »
Well I recently got around to finally watching Neon Genesis Evangelion. Here are some drawings I did of Sachiel's(3rd angel) "mask". Since the mask has appeared on a couple of the angels(or a variation of it), and almost all in the remake, it's been considered the "emblem" of the angels. I made it in MS paint out of boredom, though I may incorperate it into something else later. I made three attempts at it and want to ask which one you guys think is best. Does anyone know how Sachiels name is actually pronounced?

Here's some reference picture's.

Post "mutation".

Also, can someone who knows how to edit GIFs help me by adding "What?" or "Wut?" to this GIF.

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov