Author Topic: Funny/Stupid Videos  (Read 82522 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Funny/Stupid Videos
« Reply #210 on: September 21, 2015, 03:43:52 am »
You would have to watch the show to find out.

...I think it is called "A certain magical index."

I read the manga a bit and the main character has a SUPER POWERFUL magical ability but using it drains his "luck" which causes things, like the one in the clip, to happen to him.

The little girl is the "index" if I remember correctly and I think she had huge amounts of magic stored inside her which was having unhealthy effect on her but that is about all I remember.

...I think there was also a girl that could use a "railgun" ability to shoot small metallic objects at things and someone got amnesia at some point. The manga wasn't really my kind of story but the show seems to have funny and well done bits at least.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #211 on: September 26, 2015, 04:01:50 pm »
Have a comedy bit.  (Warning: language is NSFW.)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rYYTPoyl9g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rYYTPoyl9g</a>
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #212 on: September 30, 2015, 03:40:31 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slKULc8W7lM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slKULc8W7lM</a>

Offline TheL

• The Beast
« Reply #213 on: October 01, 2015, 04:12:54 pm »
Ah, the WORST KIND OF ATHEIST EVER.  I will never understand the idea of "let's all be horrible dicks to people who believe X."
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #214 on: October 01, 2015, 04:41:36 pm »
If they don't like r/atheism, they don't have to go there.

I never understood the extreme butthurt religious people go through when their beliefs face any scrutiny. Maybe it's a dominant-culture thing.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline TheL

• The Beast
« Reply #215 on: October 01, 2015, 04:46:19 pm »
There's a difference between "scrutiny," and "LOL I don't believe this so you're a delusional idiot for believing in it!!1!!!one!!!"  A fucking HUGE difference.

One can be atheistic without being an anti-theist.
--Sanda

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #216 on: October 01, 2015, 04:55:19 pm »
There's a difference between "scrutiny," and "LOL I don't believe this so you're a delusional idiot for believing in it!!1!!!one!!!"  A fucking HUGE difference.

Do you even know what anti-theist means? Does the behavior of a bunch of teenagers on a subreddit matter that much to your delicate sensibilities?

It's astonishing that religious people get offended this easily while being utterly oblivious to the fact that they are much bigger assholes to the nonreligious.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #217 on: October 01, 2015, 05:12:36 pm »
You both make good points. Anti-theism itself it a bit more logical and practical than douche-y rudeness to religious people for lols. Religion as a social force has always been politicized and used to control people since caveman days. Now, it's been the most lucrative means of amassing control of populations for the few thousand years since civilization started. It's a con game, at best (mega-churches). A nightmare, at worst (psychotic cults).
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #218 on: October 01, 2015, 08:43:29 pm »
Ah, the WORST KIND OF ATHEIST EVER.  I will never understand the idea of "let's all be horrible dicks to people who believe X."

Nah, the worst kind are those who outright persecute the religious.

Do you even know what anti-theist means? Does the behavior of a bunch of teenagers on a subreddit matter that much to your delicate sensibilities?

It's astonishing that religious people get offended this easily while being utterly oblivious to the fact that they are much bigger assholes to the nonreligious.

Yeah, religious people can be horrible assholes to the nonreligious.  But here's the thing: it also works the other way around.  Ask the religious folks persecuted by communists.

And implying that all religious people are jerks?  I'll bet if somebody said that about atheists, you'd throw a fit.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
« Reply #219 on: October 01, 2015, 09:49:06 pm »
UP has a raging persecution complex.

Why am I not surprised?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #220 on: October 01, 2015, 11:01:26 pm »
Given the social expectation we have to validate (or "respect") nonsensical beliefs just because they're religious, I for one wholeheartedly support ripping into it. It's a stupid double standard, really. If someone believes in ghosts or bigfoot, you're not expected to "respect their beliefs". Quite the opposite, really. But if they believe in God, suddenly we're expected to walk on eggshells. I more than approve of bucking that nonsensical trend.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #221 on: October 01, 2015, 11:18:28 pm »
Given the social expectation we have to validate (or "respect") nonsensical beliefs just because they're religious, I for one wholeheartedly support ripping into it. It's a stupid double standard, really. If someone believes in ghosts or bigfoot, you're not expected to "respect their beliefs". Quite the opposite, really. But if they believe in God, suddenly we're expected to walk on eggshells. I more than approve of bucking that nonsensical trend.

False equivalence.  God is metaphysical, unlike Bigfoot or ghosts.

Speaking of ghosts, there are a surprising number of atheists who believe in them.  How that works, I have no clue.

Moreover, do you really think being pointlessly dickish to religious people is going to make atheism more popular?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:24:02 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #222 on: October 01, 2015, 11:37:15 pm »
That is irrelevant. It's still a case of believing in something in spite of a lack of evidence. Without evidence, it's all equally bullshit, "metaphysical" or not.
Speaking of ghosts, there are a surprising number of atheists who believe in them.  How that works, I have no clue.
Atheism is just no belief in gods. Someone can believe in woo and still qualify as atheist, as long as the woo they believe in isn't god(s).
Moreover, do you really think being pointlessly dickish to religious people is going to make atheism more popular?
No, but that's what what I'm going for. I'm more interested in removing the expectation that everyone else has to validate their beliefs.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #223 on: October 01, 2015, 11:43:09 pm »
That is irrelevant. It's still a case of believing in something in spite of a lack of evidence. Without evidence, it's all equally bullshit, "metaphysical" or not.

Come back when you have actual evidence against God's existence.  You say God's not real, now back it up.

Atheism is just no belief in gods. Someone can believe in woo and still qualify as atheist, as long as the woo they believe in isn't god(s).

In other words, atheists aren't inherently more rational.  I'll remember that for later.

No, but that's what what I'm going for. I'm more interested in removing the expectation that everyone else has to validate their beliefs.

Fine.  You can question my beliefs all you want.  But implying that I'm somehow inferior simply for believing in God is another matter entirely.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #224 on: October 02, 2015, 12:04:42 am »
Come back when you have actual evidence against God's existence.  You say God's not real, now back it up.
Seriously? Come on now, even you should know better. Burden of proof is on the positive claim. If you say something does exist, it's up to you to prove it, not up to everyone else to disprove it. This is extremely basic logic, here.
In other words, atheists aren't inherently more rational.  I'll remember that for later.
More or less correct. However, atheism itself is indeed inherently more rational than theism. Just because people have ample opportunities outside of theism to believe in nonsense doesn't change this. To suggest otherwise is a textbook ad hom.
Fine.  You can question my beliefs all you want.  But implying that I'm somehow inferior simply for believing in God is another matter entirely.
Would you say that willfully believing in nonsense makes you inferiour? Because if so, that's really not my problem.