Author Topic: Infant Contracts Herpes Through Orthodox Jewish Circumcision Ritual  (Read 13106 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Yeah, not really sure what to say here. 

A New York City infant contracted herpes last month as a result of an Orthodox Jewish procedure known as metzitzah b'peh (MBP) that involves orally sucking the blood off a newborn's penis after circumcision, according to the city's Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH).

The news, which came in an April 3 email alert from the New York City Bureau of Sexually Transmitted Disease Control, marks the 13th such case in New York City since 2000. Two of those infants died (including one last year), and two others have suffered brain damage as a result, according to a department alert from January.

The infant, whose parents were not named, came down with a fever a week after being circumcised and developed vesicular lesions the next day, the email stated. The city did not disclose in which hospital the infant was born.

The department email said the ritual circumciser, known as a mohel, likely transmitted the virus to the newborn child. The department said it won't sue the mohel, whose name was kept secret by the infant's parents, according to the Jewish Daily Forward.

The New York City Board of Health has recently passed a number of regulations concerning the controversial oral suction procedure, including requiring cases of herpes in infants younger than 60 days to be reported to the city.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/05/infant-herpes-jewish-circumcision_n_3021277.html

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Re: Infant Contracts Herpes Through Orthodox Jewish Circumcision Ritual
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 12:19:46 pm »
orally sucking the blood off a newborn's penis after circumcision

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 12:27:48 pm »
Again?

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 02:18:58 pm »
Why is this method of circumcision practiced? I don't see any point what so ever in sucking blood of the baby's wang. Is there a group of Jewish pedophile vampires out there or something?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 02:44:48 pm »
I am very suspicious of the baby penis sucking part. You can't help but wonder about the people who invented these rituals.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 03:05:53 pm »
Why is this method of circumcision practiced? I don't see any point what so ever in sucking blood of the baby's wang. Is there a group of Jewish pedophile vampires out there or something?

I actually once saw a YouTube video of a Rabbi defending the practice.  BS about how the mouth forms the best seal, and that it is proof of humans divine creation. 

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 03:13:27 pm »
Here's how you know your tradition is bullshit, if it involves SUCKING THE BLOOD FROM AN INFANT. what the fuck is wrong with these dummies?

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 05:57:51 pm »
This kind of circumcision is only practiced by a minority of Jews. Most circumcisions are not particularly dangerous and are cleaned with proper equipment, not someone's mouth. There are a lot of perfectly acceptable ways to perform a circumcision that don't have nearly the same risk of harming the infant as metzitzah b'peh.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 06:10:00 pm »
God said to do it that way.  According to the mohels I've spoken with, the pay is low but the tips are good.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 08:41:36 pm »
I really should ask about the basis for this tradition, since it violates at least one Jewish law I know of (no consumption of blood).
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 09:31:57 pm »
Here's how you know your tradition is bullshit, if it involves SUCKING THE BLOOD FROM AN INFANT.
Specifically from said infant's penis.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 10:51:30 pm »
I really should ask about the basis for this tradition, since it violates at least one Jewish law I know of (no consumption of blood).

Ironically, I've read that the original reason for it was to prevent infection. When I first heard of this practice, I thought someone made it up because it seems really sketchy and, like you said, violates Jewish law to begin with.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 12:07:59 am »
I guess it's too much to ask for male genital mutilation to be illegal, but is it really too much to ask to make it illegal to suck on baby penises?

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 02:01:32 am »
I guess it's too much to ask for male genital mutilation to be illegal, but is it really too much to ask to make it illegal to suck on baby penises?
Apparently part of religious freedom entails being able to put a baby's wang in your mouth. Who knew?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 07:56:49 am »
Apparently part of religious freedom entails being able to put a baby's wang in your mouth. Who knew?
Hey, if it can honestly and without any sense of irony entail cutting up someone else's wang, putting said doodle in your mouth seems like a rather minor concern in comparison.