Author Topic: Lady Checkmate's homophobic freakout  (Read 1247 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
Lady Checkmate's homophobic freakout
« on: May 05, 2018, 12:08:24 pm »
She's turned her fundieism into practically a single issue...how the big bad gays are out to sexualize kids and groom them for pedophilia.  Wish I was kidding.

Here's her latest "news" stories on the matter, 4 in a row over the last two days.  Bang, bang, bang.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-faithreligion/cdc_70_of_new_hiv_infections_in_gay_men_anal_sex_riskiest_behavior/
Because only gay men have anal sex.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-faithreligion/update_oklahoma_kansas_approve_religious_veto_on_lgbt_adoptions/
Where she excuses her own divorce but not those sexual predators, oh no:  "Cry-bullies are VERY hypocritical. Being single and even divorced (under certain conditions) is not a sin, but being a sexual pervert IS ALWAYS sin."

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-faithreligion/teaching_children_to_sin_illinois_senate_passes_bill_that_requires_lgbt_history_in_public_schools/
Just look at the fucking comic strip she posted alongside this "story" and tell me what the hell it has to do with teaching LGBT history, which is what the story is about.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-faithreligion/abomination_lgbt_groups_demand_churches_allow_them_to_adopt_through_church_adoption_agencies/
Lady Checkmate: "If two adults decide to rebel against God and sin thats their problem, BUT they should NOT involve children in their sin and abominations."

Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
Re: Lady Checkmate's homophobic freakout
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2018, 12:22:46 pm »
Oh, wow.  So....she's saying something (divorce) is a sin under SOME circumstances??  I thought these types usually say a sin is a sin, period, end of story.  And they always accuse atheists and others of being "moral relativists" or whatever.  Hmm...

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2018, 12:31:29 pm »
I swear, go to her channel or Christian News Network and if you knew nothing about Christianity, you'd swear it was all about hating on gay people, how Catholics aren't Christians, and how Christians everywhere are persecuted.  None of that love and forgiveness stuff Christ was always talking about.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 08:54:29 am »
Yeah, I think it's safe to say her and her ilk aren't making their religion look good at all.

Hold on now....that article she posted contradicts itself in the first damn sentence.

Contrary to the oft-repeated claims of the liberal media that "anyone can get AIDS," data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) show that 70% of new HIV infections are among gay and bisexual men,

That does absolutely nothing to contradict the "claim" that anyone can get AIDS.  It would still leave you with 30% of new infections among straight men and women.  (and I guess lesbians, but they're actually less at risk than heterosexuals, I believe)  The only way that claim would be contradicted is if ONLY certain people could get AIDS, but we know that's not true.

Fundies don't do too well with math, I guess.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 09:06:02 am by KingOfRhye »

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 12:38:38 pm »
That does absolutely nothing to contradict the "claim" that anyone can get AIDS.  It would still leave you with 30% of new infections among straight men and women. 

Actually there are a large number of children with AIDS - yes you can be born that way. My sister volunteers at a Buddhist AIDS orphanage,
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi