Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 388077 times)

Offline Dappler

• Apprentice
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2010 on: January 31, 2018, 01:31:08 pm »
It kind of makes you wonder where they were going. My guess was it was like Christian 'conversion' therapy where they try to beat/shock/torture/gaslight the gay away*, but moreso Clockwork Oranging the last vestiges of humanity and empathy away.

* (which really is wrong, not just because it's morally wrong and intellectually wrong, but because if a bunch of blokes are going to go out to the woods in the middle of nowhere for a week to bond and focus on each other, surely that's the time to experiment, rather than repress?)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2011 on: January 31, 2018, 03:30:48 pm »
And the "Liberal Media" will swoon about how "Presidential" he was reading someone else's speech as long as he doesn't eat his tie on national TV.

Actually, even then...

Uh, what? The liberal media (for the most part) hates Trump, and isn't even trying to hide it.

Gotta love Trump riding high off of continued policies that have been ongoing since Obama's presidency. He acts like Unemployment being down, consumer confidence being up and wages going up are all brand new now since he became president, and absolutely nothing to do with him not passing any policy to really make any major changes yet to the economy in the last year. Well see where things are in four to eight years after Republicans really have a chance to effect the economy.

Yep. I'm not an economist, but I know that a change in government generally doesn't have immediate effects.

It kind of makes you wonder where they were going. My guess was it was like Christian 'conversion' therapy where they try to beat/shock/torture/gaslight the gay away*, but moreso Clockwork Oranging the last vestiges of humanity and empathy away.

* (which really is wrong, not just because it's morally wrong and intellectually wrong, but because if a bunch of blokes are going to go out to the woods in the middle of nowhere for a week to bond and focus on each other, surely that's the time to experiment, rather than repress?)

Someone needs to write that story. Maybe I'll do it myself.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2012 on: January 31, 2018, 05:05:08 pm »
As I've seen it noted, unemployment isn't a great measure of how people are doing, because if a lot of those jobs are minimum wage jobs, that isn't a sign of a healthy economy.

I mean, you could have 0% unemployment if you wanted--just institute slavery.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #2013 on: February 01, 2018, 12:47:37 pm »
I mean, you could have 0% unemployment if you wanted--just institute slavery.

Shh! Don't give any ideas to our government.

Offline Dappler

• Apprentice
« Reply #2014 on: February 01, 2018, 01:36:55 pm »
No kidding. They'd been slowly coming round to how expensive and wasteful, and excuse the tautology, punitive prisons are, then Trump gets in, Sessions starts fapping about locking black folk up again, other Republicans start drooling over fat oversight contracts and disenfranchisement, and if things really go tits up, you can get yourself a lovely slave labour force right there. Fuck the UN. Fuck human rights. Fuck happiness indexes and quality manufacturing. Combine that with shrieking about taxes, and there'll be 12 to a cell, 16 hr shifts, sawdust for meals, and it'll be for 50c a day, payable on release and they'd probably bill you for your gear too.

Slavery by any other name.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #2015 on: February 02, 2018, 03:12:37 am »
No kidding. They'd been slowly coming round to how expensive and wasteful, and excuse the tautology, punitive prisons are, then Trump gets in, Sessions starts fapping about locking black folk up again, other Republicans start drooling over fat oversight contracts and disenfranchisement, and if things really go tits up, you can get yourself a lovely slave labour force right there. Fuck the UN. Fuck human rights. Fuck happiness indexes and quality manufacturing. Combine that with shrieking about taxes, and there'll be 12 to a cell, 16 hr shifts, sawdust for meals, and it'll be for 50c a day, payable on release and they'd probably bill you for your gear too.

Slavery by any other name.

Well, my stab was aimed at the Finnish government but yeah, you are further on that road in many ways.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2016 on: February 02, 2018, 02:25:23 pm »
So the Nunes memo was released.

My thoughts are...... uh ok?
This is the major ground breaking thing that is going to stop the Mueller investigation against Donald Trump and possible Russian Collusion?
All the memo shows is that it's missing information as to how a FISA warrant was given in the fall of 2016 against Carter Page who has already been under investigation by the FBI for Russian Collusion since 2014. Carter page being a former foreign policy advisor to Donald Trump during his campaign. And it tries to pin the blame on the Steele dossier as a reason to investigate a man who had already been investigated for a few years prior to a continued FISA warrent.
This some how discredits the whole FBI and the whole Mueller investigation into the possible Russian collusion with Donald Trumps presidential campaign? (Who, might I add has time and time again made his actions look more and more fishy with a possible Russian Collusion. Not enforcing Russian sanctions that he himself signed into law, Held private closed door meeting with Russian diplomats where he shared secret intelligence, not to mention asking for loyalty from people in the FBI and wanting them to stop an investigation against him.)

All this will do is come the time Trump is caught for actually colluding with evidence against him the republican party will use this memo as an excuse of political Bias against the republican party and they won't issue for articles of impeachment and further obstruct the investigation and justice.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2017 on: February 02, 2018, 02:29:17 pm »
So the Nunes memo was released.

My thoughts are...... uh ok?
This is the major ground breaking thing that is going to stop the Mueller investigation against Donald Trump and possible Russian Collusion?
All the memo shows is that it's missing information as to how a FISA warrant was given in the fall of 2016 against Carter Page who has already been under investigation by the FBI for Russian Collusion since 2014. Carter page being a former foreign policy advisor to Donald Trump during his campaign. And it tries to pin the blame on the Steele dossier as a reason to investigate a man who had already been investigated for a few years prior to a continued FISA warrent.
This some how discredits the whole FBI and the whole Mueller investigation into the possible Russian collusion with Donald Trumps presidential campaign? (Who, might I add has time and time again made his actions look more and more fishy with a possible Russian Collusion. Not enforcing Russian sanctions that he himself signed into law, Held private closed door meeting with Russian diplomats where he shared secret intelligence, not to mention asking for loyalty from people in the FBI and wanting them to stop an investigation against him.)

All this will do is come the time Trump is caught for actually colluding with evidence against him the republican party will use this memo as an excuse of political Bias against the republican party and they won't issue for articles of impeachment and further obstruct the investigation and justice.

Remember that Devin Nunes was on Trump's transition team and he sent his memo to the White House for edits.

It's a partisan hack job, and just like, their opinion, man.

I'd be interested in seeing the Schiff memo, but that's also a partisan hack job and just like, the Democrats' opinion, man.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2018 on: February 02, 2018, 02:38:08 pm »
Man this Nunes memo was another shot in the dark for the GOP.  One that utterly fails at doing what it said it'd do.

Ironbite-how are these idiots in power?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2019 on: February 02, 2018, 03:11:05 pm »
Man this Nunes memo was another shot in the dark for the GOP.  One that utterly fails at doing what it said it'd do.

Ironbite-how are these idiots in power?

Because when given the choice between Republican and Republican-lite, Americans choose Republicans.

EDIT:

Seen on Sid Roth's It's Supernatural (Sid in quotation marks, guest plain):

That's why we have a President right now from New York. It's no coincidence. People, you can hate it, if you want, but you're going to go against certain things that God has chosen to--to put his hand on. And watch--

"But how do you handle the things he did before he was a believer in Jesus?"

I--I only report the message.

"By the way, I hope you caught what I just said: the things he did before he was a believer in Jesus. Praise God for the blood; because of the blood of the Lamb, I don't have a past! How about you?"

Well, then, a lot of the people in the Bible should be disqualified. I think the key thing is what is God's plan now. God's plan is, and I've been prophesying this for years, Sid, that God would make America great, that happens to be their saying(?), 2020 God's going to make America greater. Again. 2024 they're gonna say God has made America greatest again. This isn't going away.

New York City--the reason why--9/11, our nation was pierced, this nation's never been the same, the nations of the Earth have never been the same. God is trying to reestablish a blood right. It's no coincidence the President is from New York, that's where the towers fell. He also is part of Trump Tower, towers fell, he was part of world trade, World Trade Center, because God is revisiting this nation to establish a blood right. Whoever gets the blood right gets the legal right to rule.

Why do we have rights as Christians to bind and loose? Because of the blood right that Jesus provided. But Jesus' blood, it brought something, it brought glory, because after he was crucified and his blood was shed the Holy Spirit was poured out. This is more than just about who's President. It's about a blood right being established by God so that his glory can come.

The enemy was working real hard to get the blood right. That's why he wants to keep boarding children. That's why he wants to continue its agenda, so that it has the legal right to rule and to push the Church out. God is coming. Nobody is gonna remove his Church. Nobody's gonna stand against the Church that he is raising up.

https://youtu.be/r69mAC-TdAY?t=12 (until 2:14)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 10:30:14 pm by dpareja »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2020 on: February 03, 2018, 04:41:22 am »
I must say that Joe Kennedy's response to the State of the Union has me quite enthusiastic about this young man. He represents a future, a generation - in a day and age where most politicians are septuagenarians and beyond, he is 37, young, vital and handsome.

There is also the name recognition present - he is a Kennedy. A family gifted with greatness and cursed at the same time with misfortune.

Of course it wouldn't be modern politics if the "geniuses" over at TYT didn't try and drudge up a hit piece on him for...not being Bernie or something.

Really makes me wonder what'll happen when Sanders, y'know, dies. He's not getting younger.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2021 on: February 03, 2018, 10:24:55 am »
There will, for a few weeks (at most), be great wailing and gnashing of teeth.  Then, they'll latch on to someone new as the new "face of the revolution."  Maybe it'll be Joe Kennedy.  That'd be ideal, because what we really need is someone that looks like they've got more than a decade, at best, of living left in 'em.  A lot of the people that would vote for Bernie or someone like him are young, and they need someone to reflect that.  Someone you can look at and see energy, life, and motivation.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2022 on: February 03, 2018, 12:57:22 pm »
So Trump says the memo totally vindicates him. I guarantee you he didn't read it. Because it doesnt do that at all.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2023 on: February 03, 2018, 03:45:01 pm »
You don't have to guarantee anything.  Nunes himself didn't read the memo he wrote.

Ironbite-and Trump hasn't a damn clue what's in the memo.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2024 on: February 03, 2018, 03:46:55 pm »
I must say that Joe Kennedy's response to the State of the Union has me quite enthusiastic about this young man. He represents a future, a generation - in a day and age where most politicians are septuagenarians and beyond, he is 37, young, vital and handsome.

There is also the name recognition present - he is a Kennedy. A family gifted with greatness and cursed at the same time with misfortune.

Of course it wouldn't be modern politics if the "geniuses" over at TYT didn't try and drudge up a hit piece on him for...not being Bernie or something.

Really makes me wonder what'll happen when Sanders, y'know, dies. He's not getting younger.

Find me policies Joe Kennedy talked about in his response. I'll give you one: he mentioned (briefly) a living wage.

I'll also point out where he takes his money from:

https://www.opensecrets.org/members-of-congress/summary?cid=N00034044

There are young(er) people onto whom the left can latch: Tulsi Gabbard (36) and Nina Turner (50) come to mind pretty readily. For that matter, Gabbard is younger than Kennedy (he's 37).