Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1089974 times)

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #1170 on: October 02, 2012, 02:14:15 am »
http://www.zephoria.org/images/blog/2012/09/RacistSubwaySign.jpeg

These ads are already getting defaced.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/09/25/903431/pam-geller-new-york-ads-racist/?mobile=nc
http://mondoweiss.net/2012/09/subway-ad-gets-a-make-over-revealing-its-true-character.html

For what it’s worth, Pam Geller’s group originally won the right to post 10 of the “savages” posters around New York City. As of this writing, all 10 have been torn, defaced or completely taken down.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 02:19:44 am by VirtualStranger »

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #1171 on: October 02, 2012, 02:27:06 am »
http://www.zephoria.org/images/blog/2012/09/RacistSubwaySign.jpeg

These ads are already getting defaced.

http://thinkprogress.org/security/2012/09/25/903431/pam-geller-new-york-ads-racist/?mobile=nc
http://mondoweiss.net/2012/09/subway-ad-gets-a-make-over-revealing-its-true-character.html

For what it’s worth, Pam Geller’s group originally won the right to post 10 of the “savages” posters around New York City. As of this writing, all 10 have been torn, defaced or completely taken down.

I find this to be an interesting First Amendment study, really. On the one hand, it is the right of the douche bags to say stupid shit and thereby put up those posters. However, I also find the defacement (sans the tearing them down) to also be a matter of First Amendment rights. The Racist and Hate Speech stickers they're sticking on them strike me as responses to this stupidity. And while I think they have a right to spout their stupidity in the form of putting up these signs, I don't think they should be shielded from the consequences of their stupidity.

The right to free speech allows the douche bags to say what they want but it also allows everyone else to point and call them douche bags.

My take on this, anyway. Don't read much into it, I am very sleepy.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1172 on: October 02, 2012, 04:24:00 am »
Considering I consider the signs to be a defacement of basic human dignity, I think it's understandable that I consider the defacement of defacement to be perfectly fine.

...Nah, nothing as pretentious as that.  It's good ol' fashioned schadenfreude, and I shall enjoy every second of that.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #1173 on: October 02, 2012, 10:09:18 am »

I find this to be an interesting First Amendment study, really. On the one hand, it is the right of the douche bags to say stupid shit and thereby put up those posters. However, I also find the defacement (sans the tearing them down) to also be a matter of First Amendment rights. The Racist and Hate Speech stickers they're sticking on them strike me as responses to this stupidity. And while I think they have a right to spout their stupidity in the form of putting up these signs, I don't think they should be shielded from the consequences of their stupidity.

The right to free speech allows the douche bags to say what they want but it also allows everyone else to point and call them douche bags.

My take on this, anyway. Don't read much into it, I am very sleepy.

It's a beautiful thing, isn't it?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1174 on: October 02, 2012, 10:27:33 am »
For clairification the racist stickers they say are bad cause they didnt get a permit

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1175 on: October 02, 2012, 03:59:00 pm »
Is it just me, or is anyone else using Firefox getting a "THIS IS AN ATTACK PAGE" warning when they try to go to ThinkProgress?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #1176 on: October 02, 2012, 04:03:52 pm »
Is it just me, or is anyone else using Firefox getting a "THIS IS AN ATTACK PAGE" warning when they try to go to ThinkProgress?

I get the same thing. "Of the 3233 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 11 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent."
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1177 on: October 02, 2012, 07:50:19 pm »
Ok, I didn't get a chance to take any pictures(I was on my way to work), but the Democratic nominee for the congressional district I live in held a press conference, and there were a few anti-choice idiots protesting. One sign read: Stop Obama's war on Catholicism.
Hey asshat, what about Catholicism's war on women?? Stop throwing a hissy fit over that your insurance companies have to provide birth control coverage for women who choose to use it. What part of it will prevent abortions don't you fucking understand?? Also what part does not everyone who uses birth control uses it for sex, some women have lady parts that don't function that well?? Don't cry about religious liberty, when you're not respecting the liberty of others in what they do in private, liberty is a two way street, honey. Yet another reason why religion has no fucking place in the medical field.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 08:00:26 pm by Nicki »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1178 on: October 02, 2012, 08:17:16 pm »
Re the Savages poster

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0vJkw4sfP4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0vJkw4sfP4</a>

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1179 on: October 03, 2012, 05:17:43 pm »

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1180 on: October 03, 2012, 07:33:00 pm »
Alas, I'm not white.  I'm sort of a pale pinkishtanbeige color.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1181 on: October 03, 2012, 08:33:44 pm »
I'm as pale as a vampire and I don't think I'm "white" enough for these people XD
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1182 on: October 07, 2012, 10:50:36 pm »

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #1183 on: October 08, 2012, 12:36:28 am »

Thing is, I already embrace my heritage. I just do it without being an ass.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #1184 on: October 08, 2012, 12:52:06 am »
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbc3wlfjxS1qkrk1mo1_500.jpg
Thing is, I already embrace my heritage. I just do it without being an ass.
Ditto.

And I should also mention that being part Cherokee... oh yeah. Of course I would be subject to No True Scotsman attacks by such people because I have one "Exotic" ethnicity in my heritage. Racist assholes.