Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1091401 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #945 on: August 08, 2012, 10:36:36 pm »
YAY!! Welfare Myths...apparently they've never heard of The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act , it's amazing how willfully ignorant people are, it's like 1996 never even happened.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #946 on: August 09, 2012, 01:49:28 pm »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #947 on: August 09, 2012, 02:14:24 pm »
I never understood why people feel the need to plaster their political beliefs all over their car. Especially when they're stupid as shit.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #948 on: August 09, 2012, 02:42:36 pm »

I'm guessing this has something to do with the Olympics.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #949 on: August 09, 2012, 03:08:49 pm »

I think it has to do with march madness as for the communist regards how the NCAA gives athetlic scholarships

Offline Bender_Rodríguez

• Bishop
« Reply #950 on: August 09, 2012, 03:15:10 pm »

I'm pretty sure this has to do with the Penn State sex abuse scandal.  The Penn State fans are accusing the NCAA of punishing the school unfairly.  It's really shameful because they still don't get why they're being punished. 

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #951 on: August 09, 2012, 05:55:28 pm »
I'm pretty sure this has to do with the Penn State sex abuse scandal.  The Penn State fans are accusing the NCAA of punishing the school unfairly.  It's really shameful because they still don't get why they're being punished.

Well, the argument can be made that the people who are being impacted most by the punishment are the students whose play on the field actually won those championships. They played no role in the cover-up but their team is now no longer in the record books and it leaves a black mark on their tenure with the team.

That said, the person to be mad at would still be Joe Paterno and his bosses.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #952 on: August 10, 2012, 02:50:43 am »
That's standard anyway. If a team member does something bad enough (uses drugs f'rinstance), the entire team would be punished. And rightly so.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #953 on: August 10, 2012, 03:06:21 am »
Welcome, Bender!  *waves*.

Yeah... that was off topic but hell, I'm nice.

Offline Bender_Rodríguez

• Bishop
« Reply #954 on: August 10, 2012, 04:59:15 am »
Welcome, Bender!  *waves*.

Yeah... that was off topic but hell, I'm nice.

Thanks for the welcome.  When I saw that shirt it just set something off for me.  I've been visiting here since way back with the old system and have almost signed up multiple times.  That shirt was the final straw.  Those people don't even understand why they're being punished.  Football was so big at PSU that they covered up a serial child molester to maintain the "integrity" of their football team.  The administration allowed multiple young boys to be raped so their precious football team wouldn't be damaged.  Now it is.  That's the lesson.  That's why your football team was handed the punishments it received.  To show that the those kids should have been more important than a freaking sport.  Sorry for the rant, but the past few years are really killing the joys of college football for me.

PS  I agree with you about Mark Martin.  He's awesome.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #955 on: August 10, 2012, 01:30:28 pm »

I'm actually with the Penn State fans (although I am one myself, so I'm biased). To my knowledge, not a single current employee of Penn State was involved in the scandal. I don't believe that the school as a whole deserves to be punished, when they did not do anything wrong.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #956 on: August 10, 2012, 02:01:41 pm »
I'm actually with the Penn State fans (although I am one myself, so I'm biased). To my knowledge, not a single current employee of Penn State was involved in the scandal. I don't believe that the school as a whole deserves to be punished, when they did not do anything wrong.

But the same thing happens any time the NCAA sanctions an athletic program - the innocent are punished. Yes, it sucks for the Penn State players through the years who knew nothing about Sandusky's abuse.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #957 on: August 10, 2012, 02:14:51 pm »
I would like to know why they're going with the whole hammer and sickle communist theme, when they could of done a fascist symbol also, unless they're trying to say that the NCAA are "liberals" or something of the sort. I'm sorry, I'm just sickof the overdone "commie" stuff done with political statements over that last couple of years...

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #958 on: August 10, 2012, 03:42:45 pm »

But the same thing happens any time the NCAA sanctions an athletic program - the innocent are punished. Yes, it sucks for the Penn State players through the years who knew nothing about Sandusky's abuse.

The difference here is that what happened wasn't directly part of the athletic program. This wasn't a scandal over illegal enhancements or paying athletes. It was a sexual abuse scandal that happened to involve people in the Penn State football program. As my mom said, if Jerry Sandusky had been an English professor, would the NCAA have even gotten involved?
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #959 on: August 10, 2012, 04:58:59 pm »
Well no because it wasn't related to sports.  What Paterno and company did though...was directly related to sports.

Ironbite-hence why the NCAA stepped in and leveled the punishment.