Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1089760 times)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #735 on: July 02, 2012, 07:21:59 pm »
I'm aware of that. In fact 1 in 10 is East Asian, IIRC.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #736 on: July 02, 2012, 09:32:34 pm »
4. Hey, you don't seem to bitch about all the legal white immigrants living here.

Just curious, what white immigrants and why would anyone care about them if they're in the USA legally? ???

I can't help but be amused that the person pointing out a missing "il-" in a post about illegal white immigrants lives in the Sooner State.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #737 on: July 02, 2012, 11:06:28 pm »
4. Hey, you don't seem to bitch about all the legal white immigrants living here.

Just curious, what white immigrants and why would anyone care about them if they're in the USA legally? ???

I can't help but be amused that the person pointing out a missing "il-" in a post about illegal white immigrants lives in the Sooner State.

Take a closer look at the post I quoted; the "il-" was left out intentionally and you'll and you'll also see the source of my confusion.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:11:12 pm by Damen »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #738 on: July 02, 2012, 11:23:52 pm »
2. No one think the former is offensive. Just we happened to not adhere to blind patriotism.

Oh, I think it's offensive.

However, I also think that I don't have the right to not be offended.

They love to point out that the two are contradictory, but they're projecting.  They think something is offensive, they want it outlawed.  We think something is offensive, but we protect the right of the person to say that.

Really, the latter is the reason the former is allowed to happen, if that makes sense.

That being said, freedom of speech also means freedom to disagree with speech, so I'm free to call out them on their bullshit.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #739 on: July 02, 2012, 11:39:27 pm »

Take a closer look at the post I quoted; the "il-" was left out intentionally and you'll and you'll also see the source of my confusion.

Um I did correct myself and said I mean to say "illegal". ??? I should probably edit that post.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #740 on: July 02, 2012, 11:41:22 pm »

Um I did correct myself and said I mean to say "illegal". ??? I should probably edit that post.

Meh, you're fine.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #741 on: July 04, 2012, 09:51:45 am »

Meant to say illegal white immigrants. Generally from East European decent. Our anti-Immigration laws targets illegal Mexican immigrants but gives free passes if it's from eastern Europe.

Edit. God I'm doing all sorts of spelling mistakes.

Not quite. The laws target everyone equally. The enforcement, on the other hand, tends to go after, well, countries with brown people (Latin America, Middle Eastern, Pakistan, you get the idea).
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #742 on: July 04, 2012, 06:45:23 pm »
On #2 - Has any pro-choice person really claimed that an embryo isn't a life?  It's alive.  It's just not a person.   It is a living thing with its own DNA and bodily functions... kind of like a mouse, I guess, if a mouse were completely dependent on its parasitization of your body.
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #743 on: July 04, 2012, 07:07:40 pm »

You think that simply flying an American Flag is offensive? The hell?
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #744 on: July 04, 2012, 08:19:12 pm »

I think that civilians who fly flags 24/7 is offensive.  It's also more offensive to fly flags on things besides buildings, such as on bikes.  It's being "more patriotic than thou".

It's also a good way to identify wingnuts from non-wingnuts.

Government buildings are, IMO, the only buildings that are okay to have flags flying 24/7 at.  Civilian buildings?  Not so much.

It's like people who wear crosses or have cross bumper stickers.  It's in-your-face.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:20:51 pm by Zachski »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #745 on: July 04, 2012, 08:24:36 pm »

I think that civilians who fly flags 24/7 is offensive.  It's also more offensive to fly flags on things besides buildings.  It's being "more patriotic than thou".

Government buildings are, IMO, the only buildings that are okay to have flags flying 24/7 at.  Civilian buildings?  Not so much.

It's like people who wear crosses or have cross bumper stickers.  It's in-your-face.

You know I agree it is very in face and annoying as fuck, but I find flag pattened clothing more offensive but that may be because I find them to be extremely tacky as fuck.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #746 on: July 04, 2012, 08:58:26 pm »
To me, that qualifies as "Flying flags on things besides buildings"

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #747 on: July 04, 2012, 08:58:45 pm »

I think that civilians who fly flags 24/7 is offensive.  It's also more offensive to fly flags on things besides buildings.  It's being "more patriotic than thou".

You know I agree it is very in face and annoying as fuck, but I find flag pattened clothing more offensive but that may be because I find them to be extremely tacky as fuck.

Also against The Flag Code.
-A Pen Name

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #748 on: July 04, 2012, 09:26:33 pm »
I think it only applies if you actually cut up a flag, and wear it as clothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #749 on: July 04, 2012, 09:32:30 pm »
Eh, I don't care about the display of the US flag.  It doesn't harm me any.  At least it's an actual existing country (Confederate Battle Flag, I'm looking at YOU).