Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1090151 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #225 on: April 12, 2012, 07:10:07 pm »

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #226 on: April 12, 2012, 07:32:36 pm »
I never understood why you need so many birther bumper stickers.

I don't want to know how much of a moron you are when I'm behind you at stoplight.

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #227 on: April 12, 2012, 07:48:39 pm »
I have two neighbors with interesting political/religious messages on their cars. One guy has "Smile, God Loves You" painted on the tailgate of his pick-up. The other has a bumper sticker on his rear passenger window (way to commit) with a picture of Ronald Reagan in a cowboy hat that says "Where have all the cowboys gone?". If I weren't such a nice guy, I'd have defaced it with a sharpies to say "actors" a long time ago. I also want a Ronald Reagan bumper sticker - same picture but saying "Where have all the professors who hire women to help them raise a chimp with human morals gone?".
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #228 on: April 12, 2012, 07:50:31 pm »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #229 on: April 12, 2012, 08:06:56 pm »
She is far too smug for her own good.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #230 on: April 12, 2012, 11:03:18 pm »
@Stupid Sign Lady:  ...Yep, pretty much.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #231 on: April 13, 2012, 02:26:32 pm »

Sometimes, its good to remember there are dummies on our side too:

That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #232 on: April 13, 2012, 02:37:07 pm »

I love how they equate things like DOMA to "traditional marriage"

No, seriously, that parentheses is the most blatant lie I've seen today.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

*Warning: You, the sign makers, have pressed the dragon's berserk button.*
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #233 on: April 13, 2012, 03:52:12 pm »

You mean the marriage between one man and multiple women, some of them as young as 15?

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #234 on: April 13, 2012, 06:25:52 pm »
Once my family was driving back from eastern WA and we passed by a very run-down little cabin on the side of the road. It had a car in front of it so it was definitely inhabited. But all over the house, there was plywood propped up against the sides, and on the plywood the owner had painted some of the most schizophrenic conspiracy shit I've ever seen. I mean everything. Jews, Obama, reptilians, Big Pharma, aliens, alt med, anti-vaxxer, you name it. I kinda wish I had snapped a picture.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #235 on: April 13, 2012, 07:19:14 pm »
Once my family was driving back from eastern WA and we passed by a very run-down little cabin on the side of the road. It had a car in front of it so it was definitely inhabited. But all over the house, there was plywood propped up against the sides, and on the plywood the owner had painted some of the most schizophrenic conspiracy shit I've ever seen. I mean everything. Jews, Obama, reptilians, Big Pharma, aliens, alt med, anti-vaxxer, you name it. I kinda wish I had snapped a picture.

I'm sure your dad agreed with most of it, right?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #236 on: April 13, 2012, 08:13:41 pm »
I wish you'd snapped a pic too, Wykked; because that sounds very familiar, and I think I've seen or heard about it somewhere. 

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #237 on: April 13, 2012, 10:33:00 pm »

I'm sure your dad agreed with most of it, right?

He was snoring like a bear in the passenger's seat. I swear he's got some sort of sleep apnea but he never admits to it.

Well, anti-GMO sentiment can come from the left or the libertarian/conspiracy theorist right. As far as I'm concerned, since there's no proven health danger from eating GMO food, companies shouldn't be forced to distinguish it from non-GMO crops. They can if they want to, but it's not something that needs to be mandated. If a consumer wants to know for sure, they can do their own research or maybe just ask the company themselves.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #238 on: April 13, 2012, 10:37:56 pm »
Just in case people want to know why that's a trigger warning...

I was once assigned to a group with two people (this was ethics class) who wanted to do their presentation on this.  They wouldn't work with me on it, and then accused me of being a slacker.

The school counselor was siding with them before I even entered the room.

As it turns out, their presentation was like... double the length it was supposed to be... and this was a Very Bad Thing.  I think they actually got a worse grade than I did doing the project solo (but then, I got an A on my project)

...The fact of the matter is, GMO fearmongers remind me of them, and that makes me angry.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #239 on: April 13, 2012, 11:05:11 pm »
I don't really have a problem with people knowing whether or not the food they eat is genetically modified. My issue is with the bullshit misinformation being spread around, making this sound like creepy "frankenfood" rather than what it really is, and turning "genetically modified" into the equivalent of "toxic death food of doom that will turn your child into a mutant". Simply labeling it isn't giving people the chance to make an informed decision -- it's merely scaring them with the unknown.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)