Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1090723 times)

Offline worlder

• Bishop
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #1350 on: November 25, 2012, 02:56:54 pm »
Could someone please help me out here? I can't make out what that says...

Which might be the reason it's in this thread, but still.

The guy says he will no longer be tipping restaurant workers and will instead give his money to the church.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #1351 on: November 25, 2012, 02:57:07 pm »
The quick version is that the person is a douchebag.

It says the service was great, but the person isn't leaving a tip. They aren't leaving a tip since Obama won and they are engaging in redistributing wealth. By giving to church and to wounded warriors. And that the server shouldn't be offended they didn't get a tip because the patron is redistributing their money how they see fit.

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #1352 on: November 25, 2012, 04:06:10 pm »
Could someone please help me out here? I can't make out what that says...

Which might be the reason it's in this thread, but still.

Word for word, it says;

Crystal,

Your service was great. The reason for no tip - I am starting my own redistribution plan like Obama started 11/11/12 - I no longer tip or donate to charity. I give money to my church instead and Wounded Warriors. Thanks for understanding.

P.S. - Please don't be offended I will redistribute my own money as I see fit!

So yeah, provided it's real, it's basically an excuse for an asshole to be cheap.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 04:07:47 pm by ScrappyB »
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #1353 on: November 25, 2012, 04:16:41 pm »
I hope that guy goes back so Crystal can give him an extra large helping of lung butter.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1354 on: November 25, 2012, 05:41:13 pm »
Why do I have this very strong suspicion that Crystal is either black, hispanic or some other ethnicity who this fuck up assumes voted for Obama? Or maybe she's white, but wasn't wearing a cross or fish symbol necklace? Maybe she had piercings other than just the ears? With ankh earrings? Tattoos? Really, this fucker just needed an excuse to be a cheap bully.

As a manager, I would follow customers who stiff servers to aggressively but politely ask if the service was okay? Because, a "no grat" is considered reason to make a business decision about that server. And then they always say, "Oh the server was great, really I just didn't tip because of (w/e fucked up shit reason)". Then I tell them, "Okay, thanks. That helps me make my business decision to refuse service to you should you ever return here, and to award your server a 20% gratuity income replacement from our petty cash fund. Good day to you sir/madam!". And then I black list them on the lovely secret manager access-only comments section on OpenTable.com.......Fucker gets told by every restaurant he tries to book a table at that it is full-up, no res available LOL!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1355 on: November 25, 2012, 10:10:26 pm »
What a cheap fucking asshole!! Does this this douche know that tips make up a good percentage of a servers wage more or less??

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1356 on: November 25, 2012, 10:15:57 pm »
Why do I have this very strong suspicion that Crystal is either black, hispanic or some other ethnicity who this fuck up assumes voted for Obama? Or maybe she's white, but wasn't wearing a cross or fish symbol necklace? Maybe she had piercings other than just the ears? With ankh earrings? Tattoos? Really, this fucker just needed an excuse to be a cheap bully.

Well she's a woman and most women voted for Obama. I really don't think her being a minority played a part though. The note didn't seem passive-aggressive enough.
They guy seemed like kind of knew what he was doing was wrong (he knew deep deep deep down maybe). I think he would have been much less apologetic if he believed 100% what he was doing what was right.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1357 on: November 25, 2012, 11:20:35 pm »

Well she's a woman and most women voted for Obama.

Although it's not a landslide amount. Abut 55% of women voted for Obama compared to over 70% of latinos and 90% of blacks.

They guy seemed like kind of knew what he was doing was wrong (he knew deep deep deep down maybe). I think he would have been much less apologetic if he believed 100% what he was doing what was right.

Assuming that he actually went with it and this wasn't just staged. Although we know people do this thing like with that Christian pamphlet/gag dollar.

Overall, I think this person views a win/win situation if Crystal voted for Obama or Romney. If Crystal voted for  Romney the jackass would probably think she'll hate Obama more.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1358 on: November 26, 2012, 12:03:18 am »
The apology didn't feel like a legitimate apology to me.

It sounded more like an excuse.  "Blame Obama, not me, it isn't my fault"
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #1359 on: November 26, 2012, 01:05:06 pm »
Okay, I can see stiffing a waiter or waitress if they do a particularly shitty service job, but to actually realize that the service is good and yet deny a person a tip on the basis of politics is just fucking shitty.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1360 on: November 26, 2012, 02:50:39 pm »
I always tip well unless the service sucks.  I tip EXTRA if the meal was particularly awesome.  I had a sandwich like that in the Pittsburgh airport, once.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #1361 on: November 26, 2012, 04:32:18 pm »
My boyfriends parents aren't exactly nice to waiters. They aren't at all like the guy that left the letter, but they still expect unreasonable things from their waiters. Once we went out to eat at a thai restaurant. I ordered fried tofu as an appetizer and they ordered some chicken thing. The restaurant was super busy since it was a Friday at dinner time, and all the waiters were power walking everywhere with dishes in their hands, so I expected to food to be a little late since they were so busy. They brought us a our food within 20 minutes, and the food was absolutely delicious and well done. It was probably the best asian food I've ever had. Plus the waiter was really nice even though he was clearly really busy.
I was really disappointed in my boyfriend's parents since they didn't seem impressed at all. They kept complaining that the food wasn't coming fast enough and didn't bother to even thank the waiter. They way they spoke to him was kind of rude, like I order like "I'd like a sandwich" or "Could I have this sandwich?", but they ordered like "Yeahh... uh bring me some of this stuff right here".
The bill was 50$ and they only tipped 7$ too... It wasn't like they thought the service was bad, they knew it was really good, they just didn't feel like tipping the waiter more. I put 8$ under my plate to make up for the tip, and give extra for the awesome service though.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1362 on: November 27, 2012, 12:51:21 am »
I don't fuckin get that, seriously.  Must just be because that's one of the things my parents taught me: if you're at a restaurant and you get decent service, you tip.  You always tip.  Also, be polite to everyone by default.  After all, ya never know what a polite gesture might get ya...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1363 on: November 27, 2012, 01:10:32 am »
IMO tipping is mandatory no matter what involving waiters since otherwise they starve (that is why they make under min wage)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1364 on: November 27, 2012, 01:12:11 am »
Feh.

Even real minimum wage is below the poverty level.  Which is not how it should be.

Hence why I make a habit of tipping even bad waiters.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet