Author Topic: Drudge Report Drops N-Bomb  (Read 5717 times)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Drudge Report Drops N-Bomb
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2012, 11:57:54 am »
This is already the subject of a piece on Alternet.

Gawker also has a piece on it.

• The Beast
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2012, 07:02:44 pm »
Best Twitter responses, courtesy of the right wing site Twitchy.

Offline Paradox

• Neonate
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2012, 11:40:14 pm »
The trailer for that flick looked cool.  It looked like it had this black dude fucking up some slave owners, and I'm always down for that.  Will reserve judgement until more information comes out.

The Drudge report being racist isn't really news.
The Man of Galilee, the Carpenter, the workingman who became the revolutionary agitator of his day soon found himself to be an undesirable citizen in the eyes of the ruling knaves and they had him crucified.

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2012, 11:54:19 pm »
The Drudge report being racist isn't really news.
I just had to...

Offline Paradox

• Neonate
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2012, 11:58:10 pm »
That is also a sick burn.
The Man of Galilee, the Carpenter, the workingman who became the revolutionary agitator of his day soon found himself to be an undesirable citizen in the eyes of the ruling knaves and they had him crucified.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2012, 12:42:02 am »
How often was the word nigger used in USA before the civil war? I haven't seen the movie yet and I do have to admit that I don't know the specifics of american lingo of that era but to me this sounds like complaining that a movie set in Spain has people talking in spanish.

Or, to frame it another way, for The Passion of the Christ using Hebrew and Latin.

Hell, to frame it another way, you could compare this to Mark Twain's writings.  If I recall, he used "nigger" a lot.  Of course, Mark Twain is from another era.  Still, he's read often enough today because historical context is still historical context, mayhaps?  Whether or not it would have been acceptable to use the term when he originally wrote the books, it's unlikely that Mark Twain would have censored his writing for the sake of appealing to societal...touchy spots.

This so hard.  One of my favorite YouTube vloggers was talking about the movie, and this is the exact point he made.  Also, since the lead character is going to be getting revenge on slave owners as it would seem, wouldn't that ADD motivation to root for the hero?
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2012, 01:36:06 am »
Yeah what Tarantino has been doing in his films since Kill Bill is give likeable antagonists who are part of something pure evil and they like it.  Then watch them get horrifically hurt IE Inglorious Basterds with the parts with the Basterds.  Only those parts the other half was a French/German mind chess in French/German.
Basically this film looks like a black guy will probably kill a bunch of slavers and cut them up and eat their entrails and you will root for it since they are slavers.