Author Topic: The lead-up to the 2018 midterms begins  (Read 36814 times)

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
Re: The lead-up to the 2018 midterms begins
« Reply #255 on: January 27, 2019, 05:07:09 am »
"Everything I don't like is Hitler" - Some Conservative who's scared of the loud working class congresswoman.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #256 on: January 27, 2019, 08:04:35 am »
"Everything I don't like is Hitler" - Some Conservative who's scared of the loud working class congresswomanmad the help is getting uppity.

FTFY
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #257 on: January 27, 2019, 11:37:50 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83xQt5ZMvIY

Ben Stein: AOC is no different from Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Mao Tse-tung!

They really can't help themselves, can they.

...Ben Stein was never funny.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #258 on: January 28, 2019, 01:22:57 am »

Ben Stein: AOC is no different from Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, and Mao Tse-tung!

Ben Stein? I could have easily mistaken him for Ben Shapiro, considering how the shorty is obsessed with AOC.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #259 on: January 28, 2019, 01:38:00 am »

Ben Stein? I could have easily mistaken him for Ben Shapiro, considering how the shorty is obsessed with AOC.

Because he can't shut her up by saying standard insane-right talking points really really fast.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #260 on: January 28, 2019, 01:47:44 am »
Ben Shapiro: This is why I hate debating women. I can't lose myself in the broad shoulders and handsome features of a man. No homo.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Ben_Shapiro#Six_feet_of_taut_muscle
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #261 on: January 29, 2019, 01:06:05 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RehaBr5XtkE

Davos elites being elitist as fuck and getting smacked down by an academic who knows what he's talking about.

Heather Long (Economic Correspondent, Washington Post): There are growing calls to address these inequalities, particularly the wage inequality, with more taxes. In particular, in the United States, there's been a call by Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez to tax people earning over ten million at a seventy percent tax rate. The current top rate in the United States is thirty-seven percent. Michael Dell, do you support this?

(General laughter.)

Panelist: I just wanna say, I'm thrilled that they're asking you this.

Michael Dell (CEO, Dell Technologies): Wow. Well, look, I mean, um, you know, my wife and I set up a foundation about twenty years ago and we would have contributed quite a bit more than a seventy percent tax rate on my income, on my annual income, and I feel much more comfortable with our ability as a private foundation to allocate those funds than I do giving them to the government.

Long: All right, all right.

Dell: So no, I'm not supportive of that. And (repeated multiple times) I don't think it would help the growth of the US economy,

Long: Oh, that's interesting. And can you say a little more about why? Why you don't think it would?

Dell: Well, name a country where that's worked. Ever.

Erik Brynjolfsson (Director of MIT's Initiative on the Digital Economy): The United States.

Long: Briefly, in the 80s.

Brynjolfsson: No, no, no, from about the 1930s through about the 1960s, the tax rate averaged about seventy percent. At times it was up as high as ninety-five percent, and those were actually pretty good years for growth. So, I don't have a strong opinion on that a lot, the devil is in the details, um, but I think it's, uh, there's actually a lot of economics that suggests that it's not necessarily going to hurt growth.

I would also point out the Nordic countries, at incomes much lower than Rep. Ocasio-Cortez's proposal would have.