Author Topic: CNN Accused of Rewriting Questions by Parkland Survivor's Family  (Read 6805 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: CNN Accused of Rewriting Questions by Parkland Survivor's Family
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2018, 05:12:12 pm »
I've seen the tape and it's pretty hardkore.  There's even a point where Logan somehow kills Lana mid-coitus and then tasers her corpse back to life.

Ironbite-really sick stuff.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2018, 05:44:42 pm »
She got so into him and his Japan stunt her heart stopped mid-act. Then he tasered her back to life, and continued no questions asked.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone that excited to be Logan Paul's fuck friend.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2018, 05:57:03 pm »
I think we need to care deeply about ethics in tapir- and Logan Paul-fucking.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2018, 07:24:02 pm »
You're getting that vibe from Lana too, dpareja?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2018, 08:09:54 pm »
You're getting that vibe from Lana too, dpareja?

Who isn't?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2018, 01:32:37 am »
That detail is a big part of why I said the evidence was unconvincing. I don't think it's enough to completely discount it (yet), but it's definitely a big strike against the evidence's credibility.

Oh, and I listed other incidents if you don't think that was a good example.

Falsified evidence is "unconvincing" but "not enough to discount it." All you have on this case on their side is falsified evidence and then you act as if this should be ignored and not make you suspicious of what else they have said. Meanwhile you claim that even if CNN is telling the truth here they should be still considered untrustworthy because of other offences? That's just dishonesty on your part.

The first link to the supposed lies about the riot goes to a weird website where the only evidence appears to be tweets by the writer of the article (which I can't access.) and the whole site appears to have an obvious agenda that makes me suspicious of them.

The final example was some silly stunt, which I admit was a bit weird. Still, do you really think that a stunt like that is enough to discredit an entire news organization? Is that the line we draw and use to evaluate everyone?

You know, upon reflection, I think I did let my anti-CNN bias get the better of me, leading me to give the emails more credence than I probably should've. Of course, the fact that it was published in a reputable source like Business Insider might also have been a factor. Still, I guess this whole incident is proof that I'm not as above certain biases as I thought I was.

But as for the lies about the riot, here's a YouTube video.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2018, 01:39:26 am »
That detail is a big part of why I said the evidence was unconvincing. I don't think it's enough to completely discount it (yet), but it's definitely a big strike against the evidence's credibility.

Oh, and I listed other incidents if you don't think that was a good example.

Falsified evidence is "unconvincing" but "not enough to discount it." All you have on this case on their side is falsified evidence and then you act as if this should be ignored and not make you suspicious of what else they have said. Meanwhile you claim that even if CNN is telling the truth here they should be still considered untrustworthy because of other offences? That's just dishonesty on your part.

The first link to the supposed lies about the riot goes to a weird website where the only evidence appears to be tweets by the writer of the article (which I can't access.) and the whole site appears to have an obvious agenda that makes me suspicious of them.

The final example was some silly stunt, which I admit was a bit weird. Still, do you really think that a stunt like that is enough to discredit an entire news organization? Is that the line we draw and use to evaluate everyone?

You know, upon reflection, I think I did let my anti-CNN bias get the better of me, leading me to give the emails more credence than I probably should've. Of course, the fact that it was published in a reputable source like Business Insider might also have been a factor. Still, I guess this whole incident is proof that I'm not as above certain biases as I thought I was.

But as for the lies about the riot, here's a YouTube video.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2018, 02:46:00 am »
Now, just because the father admitted that he doctored the email: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/father-parkland-student-admits-doctoring-emails-son-falsely-claimed-cnn-scripted-gun-town-hall/ ...this doesn't mean that we should let CNN off the hook. After all, you just can't trust CNN so maybe they still are guilty of whatever this thing was supposed to be about. Or hey, at least we could dig up some old dirt on them and try to talk about that instead. ...Right guys?

EDIT: http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/television/fox-news-tucker-carlson-sean-hannity-cnn-colton-haab-school-shooting-20180228.html

I guess this still doesn't count as conclusive, am I right?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 01:42:43 pm by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2018, 03:01:17 pm »
Now, just because the father admitted that he doctored the email: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/02/father-parkland-student-admits-doctoring-emails-son-falsely-claimed-cnn-scripted-gun-town-hall/ ...this doesn't mean that we should let CNN off the hook. After all, you just can't trust CNN so maybe they still are guilty of whatever this thing was supposed to be about. Or hey, at least we could dig up some old dirt on them and try to talk about that instead. ...Right guys?

EDIT: http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/television/fox-news-tucker-carlson-sean-hannity-cnn-colton-haab-school-shooting-20180228.html

Guess I better eat my humble pie.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2018, 03:59:35 pm »

Guess I better eat my humble pie.

No I think the better course would be to wait a few weeks until you think everyone has forgotten and then bring the issue up in a new thread while pretending never to have made this concession.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2018, 04:43:53 pm »
Except, unlike you, we don't have the memories of goldfish and we didn't get banned.

Ironbite-which is probably why you're now on a proxy.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2018, 05:02:50 pm »
Except, unlike you, we don't have the memories of goldfish and we didn't get banned.

Ironbite-which is probably why you're now on a proxy.

I only did so briefly because something was wrong with my IP address. It seems to be fixed now, so I'm back to using my normal connection. If I had access to this website's data, I could show you. Besides, if I were trying to hide something, would I admit to using a proxy?

And I was never banned from this site.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 05:06:34 pm by Lana Reverse »

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2018, 06:24:43 pm »
Well slightly bannatatored anyways.  BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT!  The point is you were wrong.

Ironbite-close thread, move on to the next stupidly avoidable tragedy.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2018, 11:15:54 pm »
So, is there any other incident of CNN doing something horribly shady? Or just them tracking down a racist troll who harassed people online and then cried like a baby when realizing that this might backfire on them?

Racist asshole trolls are truly the civil rights movement of our times.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2018, 11:22:10 pm »
So, is there any other incident of CNN doing something horribly shady? Or just them tracking down a racist troll who harassed people online and then cried like a baby when realizing that this might backfire on them?

Racist asshole trolls are truly the civil rights movement of our times.

Look if ultimate llama is not going to stick up for the rights of privileged degenerate scum who will? I mean 'asianslutdestroyer88' is truly the Malcolm X of our time.