Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1628890 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #810 on: April 01, 2012, 08:48:04 pm »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #811 on: April 01, 2012, 08:49:01 pm »
I think it's about "Indian mascots".
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #812 on: April 01, 2012, 09:27:35 pm »
I believe they're calling native american headdresses feathery ball caps.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #813 on: April 01, 2012, 10:37:58 pm »
Certainly would be less muss and fuss than keeping all those feathers nice and purty.

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #814 on: April 02, 2012, 08:48:24 pm »

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #815 on: April 02, 2012, 08:54:56 pm »

Was that last one from an occupy protest

Offline Thejebusfire

• The Beast
« Reply #816 on: April 02, 2012, 09:03:51 pm »
It's possible.

How do I keep finding this shit?

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #817 on: April 02, 2012, 10:08:42 pm »
Center up is the most accurate.

Lol, reminds me of this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5atn-FwfNQM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5atn-FwfNQM</a>
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Cloudy

« Reply #818 on: April 02, 2012, 10:14:42 pm »
Ugh, Stephen Crowder....a horrible combination of stupid and annoying.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #819 on: April 03, 2012, 01:03:25 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5atn-FwfNQM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5atn-FwfNQM</a>

Don't you just love when people who bitch about the welfare state, want to save every fetus in the country, but after the fetuses are born, don't want to spend a penny to help them in anyway?? What a fucktard...

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #820 on: April 04, 2012, 02:02:25 am »

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 02:04:32 am by Lexikon »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #821 on: April 04, 2012, 07:14:40 am »
At the gun picture with Virginia Tech, if anything it was a failure of gun laws since the state said a crazy guy was good enough to own a gun.

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #822 on: April 04, 2012, 10:16:20 am »

...Why are Jay and Tycho about shoot up Columbine High?
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Atheissimo

• Bishop
« Reply #823 on: April 04, 2012, 01:20:42 pm »

I can only imagine how well that would go.

Immediately upon hearing the first shot several vigilantes pull their guns and go after the perpetrators. Nobody knows who the shooters are or where they are, so the vigilantes mistakenly attack each other. The situation turns into a shoot out between several people, innocents are caught in the cross-fire. The police enter and neutralise everybody with a gun. The end.

I don't get it. If unarmed schools are such prime targets for gun violence and 'only outlaws have guns' , then why have there been roughly the same amount of school shootings in Europe over the last 100 years as in an average American decade?
'You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend... and you've never watched Star Trek? Good Lord.' - Sir Patrick Stewart

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #824 on: April 04, 2012, 04:32:26 pm »
Because controlling the influx of weapons, legal and illegal, in European countries is much easier than it is in the US.  The smaller a country is, the easier it is to control the flow of firearms; you have less area to patrol, your borders are smaller, and there's a greater overall level of population density

Logistically speaking, controlling guns in the US like they do in Britain would require ludicrous amounts of manpower and massive government expenditure, its practically impossible.  We have a massive amount of land, plenty of backwood, out-of-the-way places where gun runners can hide themselves and their caches of illicit weaponry, and our borders cover thousands of miles, at the very least.  There are numerous points of entry, and lots of places to hide, so trying to prevent anyone from getting guns in the US is simply impractical.

So, instead of trying to do something that'd likely mean massive tax hikes (which would piss people off REALLY bad) to cover a very impractical set of laws, they, instead institute a policy of background checks and waiting periods.  Does that eliminate gun violence?  No.  Does it mean criminals won't get guns?  No.  Criminals don't obey the laws for rape, murder, and theft...why would they obey gun control laws?  PROTIP: They don't.  They never do.  Anyone who wants a gun can get one...so, the question is, do we spend massive amounts of time and money in a futile attempt at an impractical measure to control illegal arms, or do we institute policies that help weed out dangerous people from legally purchasing arms, while allowing decent citizens to procure them for sport or self defense?

Take a look at the war on drugs.  Its almost the exact same thing: they're trying, desperately, to control the flow of drugs into the country, spending massive amounts of time, money, and effort in an attempt to weed out any and all illicit medicine.  Are they succeeding?  ...So very little, its practically unnoticeable.  Instead, we have a significant portion of our prisons dedicated to non-violent criminals, we make criminals out of otherwise decent people, and we force the money that goes into purchasing these things, which is almost laughably easy if you ask the right people, into the hands of much more dangerous criminals and drug cartels.  Its a logistical nightmare, but the government continues spending millions of dollars in this futile endeavor because of the pressure put on by holier-than-thou assholes.

We've already got one pointless "war."  I doubt we could afford another, even if such a stringent crackdown wouldn't end up a legal nightmare.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.