Author Topic: Fat Acceptance Movement  (Read 14327 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Fat Acceptance Movement
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 10:14:07 am »
I think it can be good for some people, but I personally cannot accept my appearance and believe I'm healthy as I am.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthorexia_nervosa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_dysmorphia

From what you've posted in the past, it sounds like either of these could apply to you.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 11:05:11 am »
I honestly don't think it's a bad idea at all (mainly because it's not fun to be that person frequently represented as "The Buttmonkey"), but I think it is so unhealthy to have a diet consisting of mostly junk food and rarely engaging in fitness activity.

http://cwckiforums.com/threads/fat-acceptance-movement.2042/

That forum is great in general for internet crazies, if you ask me.

That can be said about anyone who consider following the lives of anyone Autistic/Aspergers, even those who have not caused enough drama across the internet. Like for instance, there is this one kid who had a video blog defending the 2DS despite negative public impression even throwing a temper tantrum. A Tumblrblog gets made of him following that poor, misguided kid's life.

In short: those people [the CWC crowd] are sociopathic as shit and I don't feel sorry for them.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 03:47:06 pm »
Calories will remain the universal yardstick for flavor.  The better something tastes, the more calories it has.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 04:17:42 pm »
I think it can be good for some people, but I personally cannot accept my appearance and believe I'm healthy as I am.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orthorexia_nervosa
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_dysmorphia

From what you've posted in the past, it sounds like either of these could apply to you.

Currently my mother is trying to find a therapist, since she apparently noticed too.

Back on the subject, while the movement itself is a good idea, I guess, it will also draw some crazies, like the tumblr crowd. Then again, crazies from that website try to ruin whatever it is they touch.

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 04:23:54 pm »
Every movement will draw its crazies from any source it can.

Tumblr is just today's voice for those crazies.  Before, it was facebook, and before that, it was myspace.

Give people a place to give their voice and invariably crazy people will use it.  They kinda have that freedom.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 05:37:36 pm »
I'm impressed by people that can accept their body size (fat or thin).

Me? Not so much.  I should be 180, medically.  I'd be happy with 200 to 230.  I have a hard time dropping below 270, of late.

And before anyone asks, I can't afford to go see a doctor to ask about it.  Hell, I can't afford insurance, for that matter.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2014, 05:40:53 pm »
I wouldn't mind being a little chubby but otherwise healthy.

Unfortunately I'm fat and not healthy.

And I'm tired of carrying around so much weight.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2014, 06:22:30 pm »
Knowing the glycemic impact rating of foods, too, is very helpful. More so than knowing just the calorie and/or carbohydrate content. But, yeah, as Mlle has pointed out, metabolism is a vastly complicated process, varies genetically by individual as to normative functioning, and there are a ton of things that affect it, like medications, environmental toxin exposures, and tumors that form on metabolically important glands, as happens in Cushing's Disease. Physical activity is inseparable from metabolism. It's the main reason metabolism exists; to provide the energy that cells and the body structures they form need to allow bodily movement and growth towards pursuing survival. So, when I read silly posts from the fringes about how exercise is oppressive....no. It is not. Take a walk or a wheelchair roll, or you will gradually kill off years of your inherited lifespan potential.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2014, 06:34:52 pm »
Oh my god forums are still active about CWC...i thought that DIED and there was only stragglers that fapped to him

anyway this is relevant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqzUI5t9qJ4

Embed doesnt work for me
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2014, 06:52:00 pm »
Oh my god forums are still active about CWC...i thought that DIED and there was only stragglers that fapped to him

anyway this is relevant

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqzUI5t9qJ4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqzUI5t9qJ4</a>

Embed doesnt work for me
Fixed.  Remove the "s" after the "http".

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2014, 06:55:59 pm »
She's very healthy and strong. And pretty. Awesome performance!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2014, 07:10:06 pm »
Knowing the glycemic impact rating of foods, too, is very helpful. More so than knowing just the calorie and/or carbohydrate content. But, yeah, as Mlle has pointed out, metabolism is a vastly complicated process, varies genetically by individual as to normative functioning, and there are a ton of things that affect it, like medications, environmental toxin exposures, and tumors that form on metabolically important glands, as happens in Cushing's Disease. Physical activity is inseparable from metabolism. It's the main reason metabolism exists; to provide the energy that cells and the body structures they form need to allow bodily movement and growth towards pursuing survival. So, when I read silly posts from the fringes about how exercise is oppressive....no. It is not. Take a walk or a wheelchair roll, or you will gradually kill off years of your inherited lifespan potential.

Any exercise that strengthens the muscles has the added benefit of upping your BMR, since muscle burns more energy than fat.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2014, 09:19:25 pm »
I'm 5'6" and 201 lbs. Under BMI I'm obese. If the Fat Acceptance movement was just about doing away with unrealistic standards such as the BMI, I'd be all for it. But nooo, they're all about forcing everybody to accept being morbidly obese and eating McDonald's every day.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2014, 09:31:38 pm »
The crazy ones are just disgusting as Solar Pendra said. Like, the ones who gloat that they're getting more numerous and bigger as if that is a good thing, and that saying something even remotely negative about their body is "triggering", purely to avoid dissenting opinions rather than out of a legitimate mental case...

Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2014, 09:37:07 pm »
The crazy ones are just disgusting as Solar Pendra said. Like, the ones who gloat that they're getting more numerous and bigger as if that is a good thing, and that saying something even remotely negative about their body is "triggering", purely to avoid dissenting opinions rather than out of a legitimate mental case...

Yeah, fat acceptance was alright until Tumblr got a hold of it.