Author Topic: Steubenville Verdict is in...  (Read 25851 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: Steubenville Verdict is in...
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2013, 10:15:58 pm »
Wait?! Is underage drinking illegal in USA? Usually it is just bying alcohol while minor, or selling alcohol to minors that is illegal. At least in Finland I don't think possession is illegal. (Cops will take it away and notify your parents though.)

That is why parents can give their kids a taste of alcohol so that they can get their first experience to it in a "controlled enviroment" rather than boozing out in some party.
Serving is illegal. There may be some provisions for parents serving, but if you're not the legal guardian I do believe you're quite fucked when the cops show up. Not entirely sure on possession, but I do believe it can get you into some kind of trouble.

It also depends on which state you're living in.  I looked up Indiana, and it's completely illegal here.  In some states, however, minors can drink if supervised by a guardian.

Here's a state-by-state breakdown of underage drinking laws.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2013, 03:28:24 am »
Well, to get back on topic, as that was just an example of principle.

My point is, people held high by society should suffer the steepest, most painful falls. As a lesson, saying that idea football star does something wrong, its still severely wrong.

These types of people deserve no protection from the consequences of their own actions.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2013, 03:55:30 am »
Well, to get back on topic, as that was just an example of principle.

My point is, people held high by society should suffer the steepest, most painful falls. As a lesson, saying that idea football star does something wrong, its still severely wrong.

These types of people deserve no protection from the consequences of their own actions.

Is this supposed to be regulated, or just desired by society? There's a big difference between wanting someone to suffer equally as others would and wanting them to suffer more just because they're held in high esteem. I plan on climbing the ladder in my acting career, and I sure as shit don't want people wishing to see me given harsher punishment than I would now just because of fame.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2013, 09:02:38 pm »
The only part that irks me about this is that there's a chance these twats could only spend one and two years respectively behind bars for what they did.

But these two getting stuck on the sex offender registry for life and their futures ruined?

Fuck 'em.
Just for you:

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2013, 10:17:42 pm »
I wholeheartedly agree with the good Mr. (Miss?) Grumpy Cat.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2013, 10:29:19 pm »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen