Author Topic: Do you like Facebook but hate ther rainbow filters?  (Read 2978 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Do you like Facebook but hate ther rainbow filters?
« on: July 08, 2015, 02:16:39 am »
In that case, I have got some good news for you: http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/christians-set-up-gay-free-version-of-facebook/

That is right, some fundies with programming skill (or money to hire people with programming skill) got together and designed a rival to Facebook that is completely free of the homosexual taint.

"Facegloria" already has 100'000 users but unfortunately it is only available in portuguese at the moment.

...Another problem is that since the word "gay" and 599 other words are banned from use your average fundie can't really use the site to talk about how much they hate gay people. In fact, even trying to talk about sinful things will get you banned from the site as the mods monitor the site "aiming to hunt down any content that could damage the fragile hearts and minds of Evangelical Christians."

...But on a positive note, once they have the site up and running with support for other languages some of the most frustrating fundies may start migrating away from other social media networks.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
Re: Do you like Facebook but hate ther rainbow filters?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 03:46:44 am »
I don't even.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 07:46:05 am »
If has hired to do this website I'd probably hide some blatantly homosexual easter eggs just for fun.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 08:35:07 am »
If has hired to do this website I'd probably hide some blatantly homosexual easter eggs just for fun.
Something like if you go two weeks without signing in, your profile pic is changed to Goatse?

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 11:07:34 am »
Something like if you go two weeks without signing in, your profile pic is changed to Goatse?

I was thinking of meatspin, but I guess that would work too.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 02:02:24 am »
If I was hired to work on this site;

* I'd keep passwords for the most virulently anti-gay members. Ohhuhuhuhu, Mr. Lively, I hope you enjoy having an active Grindr life you never knew about...
* I'd link their likes, posts and other such posted data to numerous gay and fetish websites, so everyone knows who the homophobes are. Extra points are if pictures match up between a user and a member of Hatebook, I'd queue it to point this out.
* Also, sure would be inconvenient if a DDoS happened on your home page...pity that the page quota or whatever it is that allows such a thing will be drastically lower, meaning homepages on Hatebook would take very, very little to DDoS!

I could go on, but I take it you comprehend?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 09:54:38 am »
If I was hired to work on this site;

* I'd keep passwords for the most virulently anti-gay members. Ohhuhuhuhu, Mr. Lively, I hope you enjoy having an active Grindr life you never knew about...
* I'd link their likes, posts and other such posted data to numerous gay and fetish websites, so everyone knows who the homophobes are. Extra points are if pictures match up between a user and a member of Hatebook, I'd queue it to point this out.
* Also, sure would be inconvenient if a DDoS happened on your home page...pity that the page quota or whatever it is that allows such a thing will be drastically lower, meaning homepages on Hatebook would take very, very little to DDoS!

I could go on, but I take it you comprehend?

That's deliciously devious!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 06:01:36 pm »
I'd just charge for admission and donate the profits to LGBT-friendly charities.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 10:37:16 am »
"aiming to hunt down any content that could damage the fragile hearts and minds of Evangelical Christians."

I think i just threw up in my mouth a little....

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2015, 12:01:46 am »
"aiming to hunt down any content that could damage the fragile hearts and minds of Evangelical Christians."

Welp, at least they're finally starting to acknowledging their problems.

The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 05:06:41 am »
Something like this was done before.  It was called Kingdom Citizens.  I noticed that after about a year that you couldn't find the social networking site.

And fragile hearts and minds?  I thought Jesus was supposed to turn you into a well-oiled machine of invincible evangelism!
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?