Author Topic: The most important announcement on this thread.  (Read 25492 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: The most important announcement on this thread.
« Reply #75 on: September 05, 2018, 04:51:20 am »
I'm still interested in finding out how or why should anyone care about the "TOTALLY TRUU KING!" anyway? Brits seem satisfied with figurehead monarchs that pay for their upkeep with tourism and though their democratic system is in serious need of an update I don't see much support for doing away with democracy.

Heck, even if some random goons would be happy to be rich after the country destroys itself (much like they financed the BREXIT and got rich by betting against UK) there seems to be no reason for the average citizen to support the crazy idea. Especially since one of the first stages is to start a losing war against former allies.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #76 on: September 05, 2018, 05:03:49 am »
Seems to've worked for Trump...
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
« Reply #77 on: September 05, 2018, 06:05:02 am »
I believe in automatic inheritance when it is part of a nation’s legal system, which it wasn’t in the Roman Empire. According to the legal system in the Roman Empire, they had no claim, since there was no army of bureaucracy to legitimize them.
Neither did the Germanic invaders. They certainly weren't descended from the previous emperor, nor were they supported by the army and state bureaucracy, nor is there any such law that states the Church has the authority to unilaterally give away provinces to invading pagans. Yet you're perfectly okay with that instance of blatantly unlawful succession. Once again, your double standards are showing.

While there wasn’t a law like that under the Roman Empire, the Church was a remnant of the Western Roman Empire so it had the authority to legitimize the invaders upon conversion.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #78 on: September 05, 2018, 06:06:24 am »
I'm still interested in finding out how or why should anyone care about the "TOTALLY TRUU KING!" anyway? Brits seem satisfied with figurehead monarchs that pay for their upkeep with tourism and though their democratic system is in serious need of an update I don't see much support for doing away with democracy.

Heck, even if some random goons would be happy to be rich after the country destroys itself (much like they financed the BREXIT and got rich by betting against UK) there seems to be no reason for the average citizen to support the crazy idea. Especially since one of the first stages is to start a losing war against former allies.

Your correct in saying that the Brits don’t care about who the true King is. That is why an invasion is neccesary.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #79 on: September 05, 2018, 06:25:59 am »
But why would anyone invade them and help some rando become a king? There's really no benefit for anyone in this plan.

Well, maybe some other countries would enjoy seeing UK turn into ruins but they seem to be doing that to themselves with BREXIT.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #80 on: September 05, 2018, 07:08:52 am »

Your correct in saying that the Brits don’t care about who the true King is. That is why an invasion is neccesary.
But you're not even a Brit. You're a weird American kid with a denim fetish!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2018, 07:16:34 am »
While there wasn’t a law like that under the Roman Empire, the Church was a remnant of the Western Roman Empire so it had the authority to legitimize the invaders upon conversion.
If the whole, fully intact government must abide by the succession laws, then a single institution that never had the authority to hand out titles in the first place is no different.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2018, 10:26:54 am »
If the whole, fully intact government must abide by the succession laws, then a single institution that never had the authority to hand out titles in the first place is no different.

No because the Catholic Church is a remnant of the Roman Government while random descendants of an Emperor are not because they were never involved in the Roman government.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2018, 10:27:55 am »
But why would anyone invade them and help some rando become a king? There's really no benefit for anyone in this plan.

Well, maybe some other countries would enjoy seeing UK turn into ruins but they seem to be doing that to themselves with BREXIT.

As I said, a secret organization will infiltrate the US government taking it over, and then the US will invade the UK.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2018, 10:31:51 am »
But why would anyone do that? What incentive is there for

a) Anyone to join the secret society?

b) Anyone to follow orders from them?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2018, 10:33:54 am »
No because the Catholic Church is a remnant of the Roman Government while random descendants of an Emperor are not because they were never involved in the Roman government.
Oh, you mean like those random descendants of a king who were never involved with the UK government, huh? Two standards for the price of one, eh?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2018, 10:37:03 am »
Oh, you mean like those random descendants of a king who were never involved with the UK government, huh? Two standards for the price of one, eh?

Likewise, what has the Catholic church got to do with the government of Rome? The church may be influential but I don't think it was part of the official government.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2018, 11:06:30 am »

As I said, having involvement with the Roman government was neccesary because the Roman Empire did not have absolute inheritance like the Anglo Saxon Kingdoms.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2018, 11:08:06 am »

Likewise, what has the Catholic church got to do with the government of Rome? The church may be influential but I don't think it was part of the official government.

After Constantine, the Catholic Church became the state religion of the Empire.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2018, 11:10:53 am »
But why would anyone do that? What incentive is there for

a) Anyone to join the secret society?

b) Anyone to follow orders from them?

I will found the secret society, and be an influential charismatic leader. Many people have started societies. When me and other members have children, the society will grow larger.