Author Topic: FOR TEH MENZ!  (Read 15690 times)

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
Re: FOR TEH MENZ!
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2012, 08:09:18 pm »
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

In other words learn to pick your battles.  You can't win them all and many of them are not worth fighting.  Some times you simply have to swallow your pride.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2012, 01:35:45 am »
Something to the younger crowd...

Don't let the search for a significant other be your only motivation.  Look, certainly, love favors the active, but there's a line between activity and obsession.

Life is too short to focus on one thing alone.  There's so much out there, so many wonderful things to see, to feel, to experience, that narrowing your focus so much really cheats you out of what life has to offer.  Have a goal, but also have a hobby, give yourself something to do.  Go out, look for new places, walk in an area you've only driven past, take the back roads home.  There's a lot of beauty in life, and we've only a short time here to see even the smallest glimpse of it all, but see all you can.  Enjoy your life, have fun, because once its over, that's it.

Live your life, and enjoy what you got, because you never know when the ride's gonna end, so take from it what you can.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2012, 10:30:11 am »
Use credit wisely. When you get your first credit card, make only a few small purchases, like use it only for gas and groceries. Try not to carry a balance of more than five dollars.
And on this line, make sure you can differentiate needs and wants. Sounds ridiculous, but too many people get into trouble confusing the two. 

At work, I've found this disturbing trend. Sometimes your boss will be a dick. It happens from time to time. It's not your boss' job to be your friend, and it's not your job to like him or her. One of my sergeants from back when put it best. "You don't have to like me. You just have to do what I say." If it gets too bad, you can look for other employment. That's always an option. But, well, if it was always fun they wouldn't have to pay you for it.

Learn to iron a shirt and pair of pants. This will help you in the long run.

The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #48 on: October 08, 2012, 01:50:05 pm »
For teenage boys, gangstas and wannabe gangstas:

Nobody is interested in your underwear. Pull the damn pants up.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #49 on: October 08, 2012, 06:39:29 pm »
Become a renaissance man.  Learn to do for yourself as much as possible.  You need to know how to perform some car repair, so home repair, how to sew, basic electrical work and basic plumbing.  Find someone to teach you or find a good site on the internet.

I started to day bypassing the heater core on my truck since is started to leak and finished re-stuffing and sewing up my three year old's pillow pet.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2012, 08:17:37 pm »
Become a renaissance man.  Learn to do for yourself as much as possible.  You need to know how to perform some car repair, so home repair, how to sew, basic electrical work and basic plumbing.  Find someone to teach you or find a good site on the internet.

I started to day bypassing the heater core on my truck since is started to leak and finished re-stuffing and sewing up my three year old's pillow pet.

On that note, this site is one DAMN good start:  http://artofmanliness.com/

Have fun, see you all in three weeks.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #51 on: October 08, 2012, 10:11:11 pm »
Be nice to people and eat your vegetables.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2012, 11:53:36 pm »
In the words of Amon Amarth:

Only a coward thinks he'll live / If he keeps himself from strife
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2012, 02:52:43 am »
People are lying backstabbing bastards. And they will screw you over if they are given the chance, and if you find someone that breaks this rule, hold on to them for dear life
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2012, 08:53:59 am »
Don't take your life so personally. 95% of everything that happens to you, good or bad, has absolutely nothing to do with you as a person. You just happened to be there when it happened.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2012, 11:36:59 am »
Atrophy is a terrible thing. Not just muscles are susceptible. Any skills you have are subject to it as well. Exercising not only your body but your mind will pay dividends in both the short term but long term as well.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.