Author Topic: Shooting in Moncton, New Brunswick  (Read 2351 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Shooting in Moncton, New Brunswick
« on: June 05, 2014, 10:09:06 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/moncton-shooting-3-rcmp-officers-dead-2-wounded-1.2665359

New Brunswick RCMP have confirmed that three officers were shot and killed and two other officers were wounded by a heavily armed gunman Wednesday evening in Moncton.

A police manhunt is still underway for Justin Bourque, 24. The RCMP say Bourque is considered "armed and dangerous."

Paul Greene, an RCMP spokesman, said Bourque was last seen in the wooded area near the Pinehurst subdivision. Police are asking people to keep their doors locked and leave their outdoor lights on.

RCMP Const. Damien Theriault could not say how many police officers were involved in the manhunt.

Theriault, visibly emotional during a news conference, asked the public not to disclose any information about the police operation or locations of officers on social media.

One witness near the scene of the shooting told CBC News he saw one officer bleeding from a wound toward the top of her head.

The witness said the RCMP rushed her away in a police cruiser. Hospital staff confirmed some of the victims arrived at the hospital in police cars.

Dr. Dhany Charest, the chief of staff at the Moncton Hospital, said two gunshot victims related to the tragedy were being treated. A third patient was being treated from a separate gunshot incident that occurred on Wednesday evening.

What a tragedy.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Shooting in Moncton, New Brunswick
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 11:54:37 pm »
I've been hearing about this on the news all day, and saw some of the cellphone footage taken during the standoff. It didn't show the RCMP being shot, but the sound of the gunshots is disturbing on its own.

I hope they find the son of a bitch before he harms anyone else.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 01:15:52 am »
I have to wonder what the shooter's motive was. Is there very much information about him?

If this is another crazy Incel / PUAHater, we may be looking at a larger problem.

That, or he just snapped and went ballistic.

Regardless, a tragedy.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 01:16:39 am »
Confirmation from my Newfoundland friends.  They caught the fucker.

Link here:  http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/justin-bourque-moncton-shooting-suspect-in-police-custody-1.2666921
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 01:27:55 am »
I guess he didn't think he could beat a SWAT team in a fight.

a) Good that he got caught.

b) Even better that he is alive and going to jail. Not that there would be the most likely mass murderer to become a martyr for a loony group but it has happened before.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2014, 01:30:05 am »
Like I said to the Newfie crew, there's no way he wouldn't have gotten VERY, very dead if it happened down here.  Especially NYC or LA.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2014, 01:51:41 am »
b) Even better that he is alive and going to jail. Not that there would be the most likely mass murderer to become a martyr for a loony group but it has happened before.

Also good that he can face justice. The dead can't pay for their crimes.

Major kudos to the RCMP involved in the manhunt and apprehension.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 02:04:21 am by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2014, 02:43:01 am »
This sounds like a police operation to arrest someone that went bad and ended with 3 officers killed.
At least that what it looks like to me. Is there any information on why the shoot out happens to start off with? It is very rare for that many police officers to be at any one location unless it is to apprehend a known dangerous suspect.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2014, 03:11:11 am »
This sounds like a police operation to arrest someone that went bad and ended with 3 officers killed.
At least that what it looks like to me. Is there any information on why the shoot out happens to start off with? It is very rare for that many police officers to be at any one location unless it is to apprehend a known dangerous suspect.

When you get phone calls of someone walking around public roads wearing camo gear, body armor and packing an obviously high-power rifle, you fucking worry.  The firepower on that gun is enough to go right through body armor, for the record.  No amount of Kevlar would save you.  As those three Mounties found out.

Formerly Priestling

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2014, 03:32:31 am »

They were called after someone spotted him in the streets, carrying multiple guns (which would be scary in any city, but it's a near-guarantee of violent intentions in any Canadian locale outside of a gun range or hunting area, due to our gun laws and social norms). He was unknown to the police prior to the incident. Between all of that and statements given by people who interacted with him in the weeks prior to the incident, it's likely that he was planning some kind of shooting spree, although his precise intentions are still unknown. Definitely more than an arrest gone wrong, in any case.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:36:07 am by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2014, 02:45:44 pm »
Well I'm glad they got the freak alive and well so he can face justice & tell us why he did it. These mass shooters always have a habit of offing themselves.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2014, 04:53:17 pm »
Good for the RCMP!
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2014, 06:18:18 pm »
Maybe with him still alive, we'll be able to get clearer motivations out of him.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2014, 02:33:31 pm »
According to one of the articles linked in the last one posted, the guy was a libertarian gun nut and really anti-authority/police. Not particularly surprising.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 03:44:16 pm »
Glad that he was caught. Even happier that they brought him in alive. The moment he did this, he had nowhere to run. The RCMP are unique in that they can pursue you anywhere in the world, and they WILL find you.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!