Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387737 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1920 on: December 08, 2017, 12:09:53 am »
It's almost as if he was creating scandals on purpose to distract from previous scandals.

N-K situation is driving towards a war and now he is trying to start another war in the Middle East as well...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #1921 on: December 09, 2017, 11:35:33 am »
It's almost as if he was creating scandals on purpose to distract from previous scandals.

N-K situation is driving towards a war and now he is trying to start another war in the Middle East as well...

It's an old Reality Star trick. Distract from one problem with a series of others. Hope the monkeys in the room distract from the gorilla. Thing is, reality star strat doesn't work so well as foreign policy. People see past that crap, and now it's hopefully coming home to roost on Trumpy's head.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1922 on: December 09, 2017, 03:08:14 pm »
There's also the fact that the best way for a fascist regime to hold on to power is to start a war to distract from domestic failings.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1923 on: December 09, 2017, 03:28:49 pm »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1924 on: December 14, 2017, 04:14:30 pm »
Man with the FCC killing Net Neutrality today I'm glad that I moved to Canada earlier this year.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1925 on: December 14, 2017, 05:19:27 pm »
Man with the FCC killing Net Neutrality today I'm glad that I moved to Canada earlier this year.

It's still going to have an impact on Canadians, because US-based businesses (like Netflix) are going to have to raise their prices to pay the bribes the US ISPs are going to demand.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1926 on: December 14, 2017, 05:38:28 pm »
Well I'm already mooching my netflix account off of somebody else so it will be up to them if they're going to cancel or not when the prices go up.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1927 on: December 17, 2017, 04:04:52 am »
ATTENTION! Start stockpiling popcorn and popcorn accessories!

https://theguardiansofdemocracy.com/dem-lawmaker-sounds-alarm-capitol-hill-rumor-indicates-trump-fire-mueller-next-week/

There are plenty of rumours about this and even though the craziest (Trump planning to fire Mueller) might not be true just the fact that Trump's miracle-team of lawyers is protesting that Mueller had no right to get the emails is revealing. It's more likely that the emails have something incriminating than that Mueller should not have gotten them.

(On the other hand, Trump being the reality-TV star that he is, it is certain that he wants to hype up the christmas episode of his show before taking a vacation.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #1928 on: December 17, 2017, 04:54:56 am »
If he does fire him expect the GOP to do stuff all even if the pee pee tape comes out in the same week!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1929 on: December 17, 2017, 05:02:33 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/dec/16/matthew-peterson-judges-robes?CMP=fb_gu

You know, maybe he should try to fire Mueller. If nothing else, it would at least hasten his downfall.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #1930 on: December 17, 2017, 08:30:39 am »
What downfall? We're stuck with his ass. Congress is never gonna impeach. They wouldn't impeach if it came out that his daily dinner was a whole, live puppy washed down with a glass of freshly-squeezed orphan tears. We're not getting ANY where until after midterms at the absolute earliest.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1931 on: December 17, 2017, 03:04:26 pm »
The biggest thing I don't get it is that virtually everyone in the line of succession would sign any bill Republicans put in front of him. They don't need Trump unless the conspiracy is so huge that the entire line of succession is guilty. And even then, it will take so much time for the conspiracy to unravel (remember, Nixon had a probably much smaller scandal and he still took three years) that it doesn't matter. Trump goes down? Pence will sign the same bills. Pence goes down? Ryan will sign the same bills. Hatch will sign them. Tillerson will sign them. They don't need Trump.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #1932 on: December 17, 2017, 03:19:41 pm »
I think it's two things. Republicans don't want the drama and the damage done to their party if impeachment processes would become the major focus in Washington. Democrats are hesitant to demand impeachment because they don't have power and it's an election year so they probably dont want to jump the gun and then look foolish if nothing comes up in these investigations.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #1933 on: December 17, 2017, 03:55:33 pm »
The biggest thing I don't get it is that virtually everyone in the line of succession would sign any bill Republicans put in front of him. They don't need Trump unless the conspiracy is so huge that the entire line of succession is guilty. And even then, it will take so much time for the conspiracy to unravel (remember, Nixon had a probably much smaller scandal and he still took three years) that it doesn't matter. Trump goes down? Pence will sign the same bills. Pence goes down? Ryan will sign the same bills. Hatch will sign them. Tillerson will sign them. They don't need Trump.

I think it's two things. Republicans don't want the drama and the damage done to their party if impeachment processes would become the major focus in Washington. Democrats are hesitant to demand impeachment because they don't have power and it's an election year so they probably dont want to jump the gun and then look foolish if nothing comes up in these investigations.

Here's my opinion:  Cloud is absolutely right that Pence or Ryan or Hatch or anyone else would sign the tax cuts just as quickly.  The GOP establishment knows that, but they're afraid of Trump's voters.  They've spent four decades using hate radio and Fake News to cultivate this mob of racist, heavily-armed religious kooks who are convinced that the dam librals are out to steal their guns and Bables and make their sons gay marry Mexican immigrants then let Muslins kill them all.  The human dumpster fire has them convinced that he's their Messiah;  if Dump is removed from power and the GOP establishment looks culpable in any way this mob--or, as you can also call it, the Republican base--will be livid.   The GOP establishment--the economic royalists who actually don't give a flying fuck about gay marriage or abortion or Jesus returning and just want their tax cuts, dammit--need those votes to keep and stay in power.

At best, the base stops voting.  Worse, they vote for every bomb-throwing nut job or con-man who rails about the Establishment and invokes Dump as their martyr and primaries the more royalist candidates.  In both those cases, the Democrats could benefit (See the Todd Akin/Roy Moore effect).  At worst...well, we have heavily armed rioters that Fox Noise will still call "peaceful protestors" even when they start killing people.

So I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are actually hoping that the Democrats take power and get rid of Trump; their hands would be "clean", and ironically they would--without the slightest trace of shame--campaign on Dump's martyrdom in 2020 or whatever themselves.
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1934 on: December 17, 2017, 04:03:22 pm »

EDIT: With the tax bill proceeding apace through Congress...

« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 06:19:12 pm by dpareja »