Author Topic: Helicopter Pilot Who Covered The OJ Chase & Rodney King Riot Is Now A Transwoman  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
This is from June but still a cool story.

Bob Tur was a noted helicopter pilot, reporter and all-around adventure man. His most noted work was the OJ Simpson Bronco chase & the riots that followed the travesty that was the Rodney King beating verdict.

But the "Intrepid Helicopter Adventure Man" was, in reality, an "Intrepid Helicopter Adventure Woman" in an "Intrepid Helicopter Adventure Man's" body.

But now, ZOEY Tur's on the "Intrepid Adventure" of a lifetime. Now in the process of becoming whom she always wanted to be!

Deity Bless you, Zoey! You're a brave woman & I am happy for you.

Here's more details about Zoey Tur: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/13/bob-tur-transgender_n_3438630.html

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Good for her!  I wish her the best in her journey and upcoming trials.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Good on you, Zoey. Besides, the name Zoey is better than any variation of "Robert", and that's from a Robert.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
Good on you, Zoey. Besides, the name Zoey is better than any variation of "Robert", and that's from a Robert.

I agree. Zoey means "life" and "Bob" always sounded comical.

*goofus voice* "Hi! I'm BAWWWWB!"

"Bob" is right up there with "Fungus", "Weasel", "Underwear" in regards to words that give one the giggles.

There there's the fact that it's way too common, it's the "John Smith" of given names...along with the given names of most of The Beatles. The planet's overflowing with tons of guys named John, Paul & George. Heck, Ringo's name is Richard!
And Richard can also be Dick with leads to more unintended comedy.

That said, John, Paul, George & Richard don't give me giggles like Bob. Robert & Richard sound nice & respectable but Bob & Dick are comical.

Concerning Paul McCartney, I always preferred the nickname "Paulie" over the more commonly used "Macca". the former sounds cute while the latter sounds obnoxious. I know the latter refers to his surname but it sounds like a McDonald's burger crossbred with a South American root-based herb/supplement. Sounds like a noise that someone with mucus issues would make.

*BLLAARRKK-MACCA!*

My dad's name is Bob. I love him, even if his name was Armpit or Ishkabibble.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
My grandfather went by Bob. I'm glad he's dead (the abusive, cheating prick). I prefer to think I'm named after my dead uncle. The best part is that I have to specify. He named two of his sons after himself.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
I had an Uncle Bob (well, who HASN'T had an Uncle Bob somewhere?) that I never knew. My mom grew up with 7 older brothers, and I knew every single one of them at least relatively well except for Bob. He never showed up to family functions, I don't think even his parents' funerals. Never talked to really any of the family members, which was highly unusual. Even Roger, the one who became a rather wealthy and unpopular executive, still showed up to socialize with the family when they got together and helped us out when my mom was in the hospital.

One day at Red Lobster, I joked about how we'd probably find out that Bob died several months after it occurred and he was already buried. Turns out he died literally hours after I said that, and we found out the very next day.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
Good for her! I hope she's enjoys being out of the closet.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
Good for her! I hope she's enjoys being out of the closet.

A bit off-topic, but your avatar is the CUTEST thing ever! A little ladybug kitteh! Two cute things that go cute, together!