Author Topic: Truth isn't Truth  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
Truth isn't Truth
« on: August 20, 2018, 11:15:07 am »
In a recent interview on Meet the Press Rudy Giuliani had something interesting to say:

GIULIANI: I guess if I had known the outcome, that Mueller would not conclude it quickly, that this really wasn't an attempt in good faith to try to work out some resolution of this, I might have chosen a different strategy. I'm pretty sure they would have. But be that as it may, it puts us in a very strong position to say we don't - they don't need to question them.

And when you tell me that, you know, he should testify because he's going to tell the truth, that he shouldn't worry - well, that's so silly because it's somebody's version of the truth, not the truth. He didn't have a conversation...

CHUCK TODD: Truth is truth. I don't mean to go, like...

GIULIANI: No, it isn't truth. Truth isn't truth.

Now I find his remarks very interesting because here's the thing: on August 9th 2011, Rudy was caught by Seaworld security guards trying to dress up a Sea Lion as a Catholic School girl and have sex with it.  Sure he says he didn't and can prove it, but that's his version of the truth, not the truth.  Truth isn't truth.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Truth isn't Truth
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2018, 11:30:39 am »
I'm convinced that Guliani was hired by Trump to create confusion with his idiotic statements.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2018, 11:55:30 am »
It's like he finally saw Kellyanne's interview about the Bowling Green Massacre and said, "Hold my beer."
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2018, 12:58:13 pm »
"Alternative facts" was becoming an old joke and "Fake News" was being overused. Nice to have something fresh for the memes.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 01:20:00 pm »
As bad as "Truth isn't truth" was, it actually buries the lead. Elsewhere in the interview, Giuliani admitted that Kushner, Don Jr., and Manafort went to the meeting with the Russians (where they ended up talking about adoption, apparently) with the intention of getting information on Hillary Clinton.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 03:31:00 pm »
As bad as "Truth isn't truth" was, it actually buries the lead. Elsewhere in the interview, Giuliani admitted that Kushner, Don Jr., and Manafort went to the meeting with the Russians (where they ended up talking about adoption, apparently) with the intention of getting information on Hillary Clinton.

While damning, that's neither news nor is it the first time they admitted it, IIRC.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2018, 03:43:59 pm »

While damning, that's neither news nor is it the first time they admitted it, IIRC.

It may be the first time Giuliani admitted that it was their intention, which is relevant because it's the President's main counsel saying it.

It's also news because intent to commit a crime is still illegal; Giuliani basically just handed Mueller three convictions on a silver platter.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2018, 03:52:11 pm »
I don't understand how these people actually think they're going to get away with anything if they keep saying the quiet part out loud.

Ironbite-but hey, depression is what keeps Millennials young so....

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2018, 04:14:08 pm »
Dear Mr. Giuliani,

If I put dog poop on a hamburger bun and said it was really beef, would you eat it?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 04:22:24 pm by Random Dinosaur »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2018, 04:46:19 pm »
Of course Giuliani wouldn't eat it, there's only one thing Giuliani subsists on, and that is blood.

THAT WHICH IS UNLIVING WILL NEVER TRULY DIE!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 04:44:28 am »
"truth isn't truth" sounds like something someone would sentance-mix into a Youtube Poop as a joke.