Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 274205 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #1470 on: July 09, 2018, 07:31:32 pm »
Well if the ones like that are the ones getting elected to the haĺls of power in this world the point is moot!

And advocating for the rights of women on the grounds of equality for the sexes is the dictionary definition of feminism. I think it's fair to say you prefer the dictionary definition of racism as opposed to the prejudice+power definition employed by those you consider SJWs!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 07:37:00 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #1471 on: July 09, 2018, 08:05:09 pm »

I'd rather Google not censor people, thank you very much.

CURATION IS NOT CENSORSHIP. You don't have a RIGHT to be on youtube or steam.

That sounds to me like you're willing to let private companies determine who gets to be a part of their platform. So why were you so upset when Steam relaxed its policy?

Because not doing proper curation and allowing everything on your platform 1. is dangerous and allows Nazis to use it for recruitment. and 2. Specifically in the case of Steam, since you mentioned that in particular makes it nigh-impossible for you to find any good games that don't have huge marketing budgets or at least developers with a massive following amongst the sea of shit vomited out onto it. For evidence of this phenomenon, see the collected works of Jim Fucking Sterling, son, et al.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 08:08:55 pm by Svata »
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #1472 on: July 09, 2018, 08:18:44 pm »
Hey Lana, was Steam de-platforming Hatred censorship?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1473 on: July 09, 2018, 08:26:18 pm »

Yes.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #1474 on: July 09, 2018, 08:36:05 pm »

Yes.
You can still buy the game in America and a bunch of other countries, nothing's stopping you.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1475 on: July 09, 2018, 08:47:51 pm »

Yes.
You can still buy the game in America and a bunch of other countries, nothing's stopping you.

Yes, because Steam put it back on.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #1476 on: July 09, 2018, 09:05:46 pm »

Yes.

What, so if they do sell it but didn't before, when it was freely availiable elsewhere you are being censored?

You've never been prevented by Steam from playing the stupid thing, ever!

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #1477 on: July 09, 2018, 09:20:33 pm »
If every store doesn't carry everything that falls under it's umbrella of products, it's censoring them! Obviously! Deciding "hey, what does giving this product a place to spread its message, or to funnel money to the kinds of people who'd make this say about us?" Not liking the answer, and deciding to pull it is censorship! Also, I see you just skipped past where I answered your question.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1478 on: July 09, 2018, 09:40:32 pm »

Yes.

What, so if they do sell it but didn't before, when it was freely availiable elsewhere you are being censored?

You've never been prevented by Steam from playing the stupid thing, ever!

My memory of exactly what happened is a little fuzzy, but IIRC, the game was pulled because of public pressure. That was an attempt at censorship, whether it succeeded or not, and whether or not it could be bought elsewhere.

If every store doesn't carry everything that falls under it's umbrella of products, it's censoring them! Obviously! Deciding "hey, what does giving this product a place to spread its message, or to funnel money to the kinds of people who'd make this say about us?" Not liking the answer, and deciding to pull it is censorship! Also, I see you just skipped past where I answered your question.

So is it okay for a Christian bookstore to not carry Harry Potter books?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:47:07 pm by Lana Reverse »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #1479 on: July 09, 2018, 09:46:11 pm »

So is it okay for a Christian bookstore to not carry Harry Potter books?
Well duh. If I walked into a bookstore with manuals on conversion therapy and kids books depicting lambs frolicking with veliciraptors on the Ark and found a Potter book I'd think someone was hilariously trolling them! No I don't mean a book by the Potter's House.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:48:21 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1480 on: July 09, 2018, 09:47:46 pm »
...Yes?  Just like I wouldn't sell Bibles in my bookstore.  Or serve store brand coffee at my restaurant.  A private entity is entitled to the determination as to what products it sells.  Just because Chick-fil-A doesn't sell tacos doesn't mean you can't go to Pancho Villa and down all the Tex-Mex you can handle.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1481 on: July 09, 2018, 09:55:09 pm »
...Yes?  Just like I wouldn't sell Bibles in my bookstore.  Or serve store brand coffee at my restaurant.  A private entity is entitled to the determination as to what products it sells.  Just because Chick-fil-A doesn't sell tacos doesn't mean you can't go to Pancho Villa and down all the Tex-Mex you can handle.

What if we're talking not talking about a single community bookstore? Imagine a bookstore chain that holds a near-monopoly nationwide. Would it be okay for them to not carry Harry Potter books?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #1482 on: July 09, 2018, 09:56:54 pm »
Hey Lana KFC Australia once had an ad of a white bloke soothing a rowdy West Indies crowd with buckets of fried chicken which was pulled after it caused the internets to asplode. Are KFC Australia being oppressed?

Or does the company just want to keep selling buckets of salted grease and not be forever branded KKKFC. Could impact sales.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1483 on: July 09, 2018, 10:07:11 pm »
Hey Lana KFC Australia once had an ad of a white bloke soothing a rowdy West Indies crowd with buckets of fried chicken which was pulled after it caused the internets to asplode. Are KFC Australia being oppressed?

Or does the company just want to keep selling buckets of salted grease and not be forever branded KKKFC. Could impact sales.

No. A business choosing to pull a commercial due to poor general reception is not being oppressed.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #1484 on: July 09, 2018, 10:11:03 pm »

No. A business choosing to pull a commercial due to poor general reception is not being oppressed.
But a seller wanting to pull a product from their shelves is? I thought you were at least sympathetic to libertarians, who are you to tell someone what to do with their shelf?