Author Topic: Prayer death decision upheld  (Read 2716 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Prayer death decision upheld
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2013, 01:30:36 am »
To be honest I know fundies who hate these types of fundies, and have even come up with jokes mocking the idea of leaving everything purely to faith.

(click to show/hide)
The version of that tale I'm familiar with is called "Two Boats and a Helicopter".  Other than that, the message is exactly the same.  One of my faves.

Who is to say that there HAS to be a giant hand coming down and plucking you from whatever predicament you're in?

The same people who want God to stomp on the people they don't like a la Monty Python.

Well, I hate to tell them, the God I believe in ain't gonna do that.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Prayer death decision upheld
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 10:06:42 am »
To be honest I know fundies who hate these types of fundies, and have even come up with jokes mocking the idea of leaving everything purely to faith.

(click to show/hide)

I love that joke! A CLASSIC!

And to folks with sick loved ones....prayer is something you do IN ADDITION to science & doctors!

(click to show/hide)
The version of that tale I'm familiar with is called "Two Boats and a Helicopter".  Other than that, the message is exactly the same.  One of my faves.

Who is to say that there HAS to be a giant hand coming down and plucking you from whatever predicament you're in?

The same people who want God to stomp on the people they don't like a la Monty Python.

...Complete with DUM DA DA DA DA DA DAA DAAAA DAAAAA *PBBHHT*!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 10:08:31 am by SpukiKitty »