Author Topic: YEC (Young Earth Creationist) tactics  (Read 16902 times)

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
Re: YEC (Young Earth Creationist) tactics
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 12:04:21 am »
Best advice seems to be an anonymous tip. And quote/screenshot suspect portions of the book. That is probably your best evidence.

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2012, 07:25:24 am »
Well, I'm going to talk to one of my other professors about it. I don't know what will happen if I make a complaint, and like I said, there are no other science classes available and I have to have a science class this semester. I appreciate your advice.

Offline D Laurier

• Bishop
  • Never trust a white man with power.
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2012, 05:36:34 pm »
Of course there are the internet YECs who use  "run and hide behind the mods" as a tactic to silence anyone who makes them look foolish, or who holds them accountable for their antics.
And YEC mods are only too eager to co-operate.

Cable (or satelite) TV is like paying someone to projectile poop all over your brain.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2012, 07:49:00 pm »
If you don't like to abide idiots, then don't. Talk to someone in the administration about his bullshit; if they have academic standards they'll put the kibosh on him pretty quick. And if they don't, well then at least you know where they stand and you can have as much fun as you can wring out of that class.
Pretty much this. That professor is doing a disservice to you and everybody else taking the class. Also, evaluations go to the professor, not the department chair* so it wouldn't really accomplish much. It shouldn't take more than an email for a phone call to get a complaint process started. It could help to state it as you being concerned rather than an outright attack on him (which could be seen as a student bitching for a better grade).

Also, it cannot have any impact on your grade as long as you do the material your professor assigns. If it does affect your grade, document it and present it to the department chair.

*At the least, this is how the colleges and universities I've been to have handled it

At my school, we get our evaluations from the assistant dean, so there is a chance that Kali could make some serious waves with that teacher evaluation.  Depends on the school.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!