Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387023 times)

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2145 on: March 13, 2018, 02:12:20 pm »
Jesus fuck, really? Tillerson was one of the few adults in the white house, so things are only going to get worse at this point.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2146 on: March 13, 2018, 02:35:01 pm »
Tillerson was only there to get Exxon's massive oil deal with Russia through. Once that proved impossible (and certain economic factors changed that made the deal not worth as much), it was only a matter of time before he quit.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2147 on: March 13, 2018, 03:01:45 pm »
Tillerson made the fatal mistake of saying something critical of Russia. He said that the nerve agent that was used in the assassination in UK came from Russia and if there's one thing that Trump won't tolerate, it's badmouthing Russia.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2148 on: March 13, 2018, 03:15:56 pm »
And so Mueller gets another witness because Trump is bad at this thing.

Ironbite-Putin has to be loving this.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2149 on: March 13, 2018, 07:14:52 pm »
Tillerson made the fatal mistake of saying something critical of Russia. He said that the nerve agent that was used in the assassination in UK came from Russia and if there's one thing that Trump won't tolerate, it's badmouthing Russia.

Theresa May blamed it directly on Russia. I wonder if Trump asked an aide if he could fire May.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2150 on: March 13, 2018, 07:24:44 pm »
Wasn't there talk about Tillerson being Putin's pick for secretary of state anyway.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #2151 on: March 13, 2018, 07:27:50 pm »
He was because he's a friend of Russia.  No seriously, he was awarded that.  But the thing is, the pipeline deal he wanted to make ended up not working.  Hence the comments.  Trump won't let anyone "insult" his puppet master so BOOM! There goes one of the few adults in the room.

Ironbite-also hearing he wants to move Rick Perry to Veterans Affairs.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2152 on: March 13, 2018, 07:28:25 pm »

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #2153 on: March 13, 2018, 10:58:26 pm »
It's so pathetic that Tillerson was one of the only actual adults in the White House when he had no business being Secretary of State in the first place.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2154 on: March 14, 2018, 03:32:06 am »
Also note how Trump once again couldn't be face to face with the person he fired. Tillerson was fired while he was on an official diplomatic mission on a different continent.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2155 on: March 15, 2018, 04:02:51 pm »
Constitutional crisis incoming.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/15/robert-mueller-trump-organization-russia-documents

Robert Mueller has issued a subpoena to the Trump Organization for documents related to matters under investigation.

Asked by the New York Times last year whether he would consider Mueller examining his and his family’s finances a “red line”, Trump said: “I would say yeah. I would say yes. By the way, I would say, I don’t – I don’t – I mean, it’s possible there’s a condo or something, so, you know, I sell a lot of condo units, and somebody from Russia buys a condo, who knows?”

Given that Mueller is looking into financial crimes (he issued subpoenas to Deutsche Bank for information on Trump's holdings with them, for instance), it would appear that he has reached Trump's "red line".

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/14/trump-lawyer-dowd-cited-for-trump-campaign-contribution-above-legal-max.html

And, just to make matters even worse for Trump, his lawyer, John Dowd, handling his interests vis-à-vis the Mueller probe has been cited by the FEC for contributing more than the legal limit of $2,700 to Trump's campaign. Dowd donated $300 to Trump's 2020 general election campaign on July 4, 2017, and a further $2,700 to that same campaign on October 1, 2017.

However:

[Trump campaign treasurer Bradley] Crate told CNBC that the campaign sent Dowd a refund check for $300 on January 3, a few days too late to be reflected in their fourth quarter filing to the FEC. He said it will appear on its next quarterly report to the FEC, to be released in April. Dowd said he had received the check.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2156 on: March 15, 2018, 04:39:43 pm »
Also note how Trump once again couldn't be face to face with the person he fired. Tillerson was fired while he was on an official diplomatic mission on a different continent.

John Kelly may be leaving too.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #2157 on: March 15, 2018, 06:13:35 pm »
Trump is thinking the best way to deal with the chaos in his White House is to reshuffle the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Ironbite-and is contemplating leaving several Cabinet positions empty because they're "dead weight"

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2158 on: March 15, 2018, 06:16:34 pm »
Betting pool for last original Trump Cabinet appointee remaining? I'm betting on Cruella DeVos.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2159 on: March 15, 2018, 06:30:46 pm »
Ben Carson's got my money.