Author Topic: 100 Riffs  (Read 2170 times)

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
100 Riffs
« on: July 02, 2012, 11:27:18 pm »
100 Riffs (A brief history of Rock N' Roll)

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiC__IjCa2s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiC__IjCa2s</a>

In one take, this guy plays 100 riffs from 100 different famous classic rock and heavy metal bands in a row.  Long video but an awesome one, and the guy strings the riffs together in such an awesome way that they flow right into the next one.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

QueenofHearts

Re: 100 Riffs
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 07:29:38 am »
Behind spoiler tags because I mention some of the riffs which are in the video.

(click to show/hide)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 09:03:57 am »
I know almost all of these songs. :D

It was pretty cool seeing how much rock has branched out and evolved over the years.  The first few songs sounded really similar, then you start hearing a lot more variety in the 60's.  Next thing you know, there's early metal, prog-rock, 80's glam, grunge...  Mmm!
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 12:27:24 pm »
Since my post was eaten, I'll reiterate.

Great video, talented guy, and I'm incredibly thankful that he included Cliffs of Dover. QoH is right about Eric Johnson being underrated.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades