Author Topic: 8 Values (i.e. yet another political ideology quiz)  (Read 8874 times)

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
Re: 8 Values (i.e. yet another political ideology quiz)
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2017, 10:42:07 pm »
Here are my results. thought it would be a little different, but I'd say its the right ballpark.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2017, 01:03:11 am »
Huh. They changed the second axis.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2017, 01:38:17 am »
Huh. They changed the second axis.

And added ten more questions.

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2017, 02:05:04 am »
Seems similar to last time.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Art Vandelay

« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2017, 03:16:19 am »
Huh, so they did. Didn't make a huge amount of difference to my results.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2017, 01:45:20 pm »
Not much of a difference to me, though I'm now more of a revolutionary than I used to be.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2017, 06:08:56 pm »

I guess, given that 98% of the horseshoe is now considered to be "facists who should be smacked with a bike lock" this makes me literally hitler or something?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 06:11:59 pm by TheContrarian »

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2017, 06:36:36 pm »

I guess, given that 98% of the horseshoe is now considered to be "facists who should be smacked with a bike lock" this makes me literally hitler or something?

Snarky comments aside, that actually looks pretty reasonable to me.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2017, 06:45:11 pm »
One criticism I've seen of it is that it assumes that there are certain positions only people on one end of a spectrum hold; for instance, it assumes that progressivism and distrust of corporations are directly correlated, when in fact plenty of conservatives are mightily distrustful of corporations.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2017, 05:41:02 am »
One criticism I've seen of it is that it assumes that there are certain positions only people on one end of a spectrum hold; for instance, it assumes that progressivism and distrust of corporations are directly correlated, when in fact plenty of conservatives are mightily distrustful of corporations.

Wasn't this same issue also present in that 'classic' Political Compass test?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #40 on: May 26, 2017, 06:03:35 am »
The classic political compass was also built for people in USA and many of the questions there (and some in this one) simply do not match politics in other countries. The way religous or gun related questions are phrased for example.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #41 on: May 26, 2017, 06:02:16 pm »
Yeah. Basically american left and right are coalitions, not actually positions based on coherent ideology (the hell does Christianity have to do with capitalism, for instance), and elsewhere lines will be drawn differently.

Σא

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2017, 12:43:32 am »
"Do you support GUN CONTROL or do you accept that the 2nd amendment is a universal right created by GOD ALMIGHTY" ...Well gee, I think the 2nd amendment in Finnish constitution has something to do with building stuff on your own property and I think there's like 3 different questions mixed into this one, but because I support some sort of regulation of firearms this random test on the internet has now labeled me as a communist and atheist.

...That's not too much of an exaggeration with some of these tests.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2017, 02:42:18 am »
I do recall the gun control question is "Gun ownership should be prohibited for those without a valid reason". In other words, "gun ownership should be prohibited to those who you think should be prohibited from owning guns". Stellar wording there, guys.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2017, 05:43:19 pm »
"Gun ownership should be prohibited for those without a valid reason" implies that you need a reason, which is not generally something we demand of people before we let them own things.
Σא