Author Topic: Charmed To Reboot?  (Read 8850 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Charmed To Reboot?
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2013, 06:54:18 am »
I kinda agree with Rose and Alyssa.  *Raises flame shields*

I mean... aren't there any new ideas ricocheting around in anyone's minds now?

At least I'm not the only one now that feels like it was just yesterday.
The show only ended in 2006, so I kind of agree too. It's almost not so much a reboot as the end of a brief hiatus.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2013, 01:55:41 pm »
^Oddly enough, that's how I view the new Doctor Who.  It's not a reboot so much as a continuation... though the hiatus wasn't so brief in its case. 

So... if they just wanted to continue Charmed, I'd be more for that then a complete reboot of a show that isn't even old enough to be non-relevant.  I mean heck... I've seen shows made back in the 70s and 80s that I'd still consider relevant if you ignore the lack of cell phones and internet.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2013, 05:12:35 pm »
...*sniffles* SWAT Kats needs a revival of some sort... a new cartoon series, a new video game, just any recognition.

...I would prefer that it didn't come in the form of a comic book, but that's because we have no comic book stores anywhere nearby, you can't buy comics at Walmart, and the library doesn't even carry complete sets.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2013, 07:44:27 pm »
I saw a couple of episodes of Charmed, but I wasn't impressed. The Book of Shadows made things way too easy. Still, maybe they'll improve on the original. I would be in favor of more reboots of shows that failed for reasons other than crappy concepts.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2013, 08:32:39 pm »
...*sniffles* SWAT Kats needs a revival of some sort... a new cartoon series, a new video game, just any recognition.

...I would prefer that it didn't come in the form of a comic book, but that's because we have no comic book stores anywhere nearby, you can't buy comics at Walmart, and the library doesn't even carry complete sets.

Stop fapping to tbone
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2013, 09:03:11 pm »
I thought he was more of a Razor guy.

(I also liked SWAT Kats)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2013, 10:37:28 pm »

Stop fapping to tbone
I thought he was more of a Razor guy.

(I also liked SWAT Kats)

I want them both to be my husbandos.

Though I will admit that T-Bone is definitely easier on the eyes than Razor... but Razor's pretty damn fine himself.

SWAT Kats still has a relatively active fanbase, though (fanart still gets uploaded more than once in a blue moon, fanfiction more so) so the audience is also there.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2013, 09:02:21 am »
I saw a couple of episodes of Charmed, but I wasn't impressed. The Book of Shadows made things way too easy. Still, maybe they'll improve on the original. I would be in favor of more reboots of shows that failed for reasons other than crappy concepts.

Not too easy when the previous generations of Halliwells haven't run into various demons or fallen in love with a demon as happens in seasons past 2.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2013, 07:21:33 am »
Demons, werewolfs, ghosts, cupids.

Theyre magisluts
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.