Author Topic: "Trusted Positions?"  (Read 1516 times)

Anon 47

"Trusted Positions?"
« on: November 20, 2018, 09:06:59 pm »
Radiation (and Deimos) are no longer mods because they are no longer active users. If they were, I would eventually have asked them to step down anyway as they are not in a position to be trusted by other users, but it did not come to that.

I have a few follow-up questions. What do you mean by "not in a position to be trusted by other users"? Why do the users' views on them matter? And why do you think they're not in a position to be trusted?

P.S. Sorry about making this its own thread, but I can't reply to the other one.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: "Trusted Positions?"
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 02:05:23 am »
Because;

1) Soren / Hofstadter's Tortoise / Deimos expressed alt-right sentiments and beliefs, believing people are incompatible with the west based on ancestry, at various points expressing support for Trump, and peddling anti-Islam fearmongering. He is in no way shape or form someone who should hold any position of authority even with his lack of presence.

2) Radiation became a hardcore Trump Supporter, at one point saying she believed Mexicans were taking what should be "white peoples' jobs", and saying she liked the messages of alt-right talking heads. She tried to lead some form of brigading here from another website.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2018, 02:21:28 am »
Basically, drama that people have long since stopped giving a shit about happened.

I think the more pressing question here is who exactly are you and why do you give a shit about these two?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2018, 02:22:59 am »
And I believe that a further pressing question is why this person does not make a formal account here.

What is the reason that such drama is important to you? And why do you not make a proper account to reply?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2018, 07:39:17 am »
I have a few follow-up questions. What do you mean by "not in a position to be trusted by other users"?

I mean that if either of them made a controversial decision in their capacity as moderators, I don't think many users would trust them to be acting for the common good of the community.

Why do the users' views on them matter?

Because this is a voluntary community and if people think the rules are being enforced unfairly they will leave.

And why do you think they're not in a position to be trusted?

I have eyes.
Σא

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 05:55:10 pm »
Deimos used the word 'cuck' unironically.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2018, 08:48:03 pm »
He said that we would still be defending Muslim "invaders" when "THEY are beheading people in the streets!"

Funny thing, the most terrorist attacks I have heard about this year have been right wing extremists trying to kill everyone they don't think count as "REAL MURRICANS".

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2019, 04:04:31 am »
Deimos used the word 'cuck' unironically.

That's grounds for being banned from the planet never mind these forums.