Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156046 times)

Offline Dappler

• Apprentice
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #555 on: February 08, 2018, 03:23:49 am »
From that snippet, it looks like the dumbass is confusing 14C  and 13C too. One of them you get in fossil fuels, and one you don't. Hence how you can tell the origins of something like methane - biogenic vs. thermogenic, and it also happens to be one of the key proofs that fossil fuel emissions are causing the rise in atmospheric CO2 concentrations (you know - if you can't do math).

https://www.skepticalscience.com/Paper_Archives_Reveal_Pollutions_History.html

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #556 on: February 08, 2018, 01:41:32 pm »
He says two things repeatedly, one is that he's "old enough to be your father" (could explain the blinkered attitude) and the second, he's Canadian.

As a Canadian myself, I feel like apologizing to the entire world on his behalf.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #557 on: February 08, 2018, 06:02:14 pm »
You know your data is awesome when the graph that comes out of it looks like it was made with MS Paint.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #558 on: February 09, 2018, 01:41:27 am »
Drake
Except that evolutionism is a religious belief, not a scientific one. It requires blind faith to accept evolution since nobody has ever seen it happen, and it cannot be shown to occur in a laboratory. The only evidence for evolution is Hollywood movies, cartoons, drawings, and false assertions.

Netizen_James

That's simply false. We have observed speciation as a result of selection pressure both in the laboratory and in the wild. We have SEEN
     evolution in action.
     It's real, it's true, it's science - get used to it.

Drake

'Speciation'
      is NOT the same as Darwinian evolution - whereby an animal of one kind
         changes into an animal of another kind (ie dogs to whales; theropods to
      birds). Not all things termed 'evolution' are equal.

Consider that after 100+ years of fruit fly study (speciation in the lab), the
               resulting variants are incapable of surviving in the wild - they cannot
               compete with unaltered fruit flies. Unaltered fruit flies won't even cross-breed
               with the altered ones, so they can only survive in the laboratory. So much for
               'survival of the fittest'. There is a limit to how many mutations a genetic
               system can tolerate, and virtually all mutations are detrimental.

Bob Johnson

Sigh

Drake

Consider this: If fruit fly studies had shown what they'd hoped
                       for, namely that they can create a whole new kind of superfly by
                       simple selective breeding, it would have been all over the news
                       ages ago, and in every textbook to this day. A process for
                      adding only beneficial mutations through selective breeding is
                       not viable due to the laws of thermodynamics.

james blue
   Sigh

We need a new category - called “Fractal Wrong”
This isn’t fundie. It is just plain wrong. Wrong in every dimension. So wrong that there is no way to start to respond.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #559 on: February 09, 2018, 10:28:31 am »
I especially love the part where he talks about "dogs to whales".  Just makes me wanna scream "EVOLUTION DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY, DUMBASS!  No one SAYS it does!"

Offline Dappler

• Apprentice
« Reply #560 on: February 09, 2018, 10:34:20 am »

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #561 on: February 09, 2018, 12:52:49 pm »
That thread is still going strong and the bigots are getting absolutely humiliated by the people who understand science.

On the same thread - it looks like Reason2012 has slightly modified his comment to make my Carbon-14 response seem off topic and not relevant. His mentioning "in the air" and rewording of the last sentence seems to have changed.

Of course, he flat-out lied when I tried to call him out on it.  I'm not that well-versed on this kind of stuff; I wouldn't have KNOWN he was talking about carbon-14 if he hadn't mentioned it.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #562 on: February 10, 2018, 10:10:49 am »
I'm definitely submitting this exchange to FSTDT right away.  Apparently, same-sex marriage = tofu turkey and grape popsicles.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/christiannewsnetwork/bermuda_becomes_first_country_in_the_world_to_repeal_same_sex_marriage/#comment-3751761325

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #563 on: February 10, 2018, 10:15:54 am »
Lady Checkmate posted some drippy thank you message on her Faith & Religion board today, and interestingly she thanked her little gang of sycophants by name.  Some very interesting names in the list, mostly Christian News Network people (which she was never involved with prior to the last six months or so) and even dirtbags like WorldGoneCrazy.

But I'll let you read her words for yourself:

"[Robin Egg], I just met you recently, but you are a beautiful addition to our community...a lady who loves God, loves others and always shares wisdom and laughter with those around her. I thank you for standing as "watchman" as well, especially when I'm not here and also on Christian News Network with Amos, LadyInChrist, Doug, Nidalap, WorldGoneCrazy, Guest, GraceKimKwon and the others there who suffer great persecution to share Jesus Christ with the lost. You all have blessed and encouraged me in so many ways...only Father knows how much."

Seriously, GraceKimKwon?  She's still around?

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #564 on: February 10, 2018, 10:46:26 am »
I'm definitely submitting this exchange to FSTDT right away.  Apparently, same-sex marriage = tofu turkey and grape popsicles.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/christiannewsnetwork/bermuda_becomes_first_country_in_the_world_to_repeal_same_sex_marriage/#comment-3751761325

And this from LadyInChrist, because I dared to respond to something she said in the thread:

Did your master BobRumba send you to me to give me a hard time on a Christian site. When I did not make this comment to you? Tell your master I'm not playing your games of hate. Other then that, I am still praying.

::)

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #565 on: February 10, 2018, 10:57:02 am »
It's funny how this whole thing has gotten turned into two "teams", there is "Team Checkmate" and "Team Rumba".

What can I say except, GO TEAM RUMBA!  We are GOD'S TEAM!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #566 on: March 05, 2018, 07:41:48 pm »
Wow, no one's posted here in almost a month?  I was kinda semi-scarce online for a little while myself, since the WiFi where I live is down until, uh....who the hell knows when.  But I got a new phone last week, so that's covered.  Some of you might have already seen it, but I've been going back and forth the past few days with one of our "old friends", Guest verified, about evolution...though now that I think about it, I'm not even sure how we got on that topic, since it was the thread from the story about the Satanic Temple filing suit for not being allowed to deliver an invocation.  Anyway, according to him, ALL scientists (or "evolutionists") say that either evolution cannot be proven or that it has not been yet but might be in the future.  I'm trying to explain to him that science doesn't really deal with "proof", but I'm just not getting through to him at all on that one.  I even asked him for a quote from a scientist saying something like that, and what he gave me was a quote-mine job, where some scientist was disputing some things about natural selection, but not actually disputing evolution in the least.  These guys should really pay attention to talkorigins, they got a whole list of those, the Quote Mine Project I think it's called.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #567 on: March 06, 2018, 12:01:52 pm »
According to Guest verified, "biblical faith" is evidence, and Christian/creationist scientists "use the Bible to do their science".  I'm still trying how either of those make any sense.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #568 on: March 08, 2018, 09:20:14 am »
You have your work cut out dealing with Guest Verified.  He has a magical skill like Amos of not being banned over there but he's one I would love to see get banned.  He's also one of Lady Checkmate's pets.  I would put him in the category of game player.  He isn't so much interested in defending his own position as attacking yours.  He also will accuse you of being someone's sock account (and usually be wrong about it).  I've been following your exchange with him and you're doing very well at staying on topic, because he loves to change the subject.  I've been getting into it with him a little bit myself, he doesn't believe in evolution and he's one of those people who thinks that atheists actually DO believe in God but are angry at Him.  He's currently trying to get me to believe that he has proof of God's existence, but it really just boils down to "He has made his existence known to me" and nothing more than that.  He's a moron, but watch because he's a game-playing moron.  He will taunt and challenge you.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #569 on: March 08, 2018, 10:49:49 am »
I guess, according to him, I need a degree in science to discuss what is high-school level stuff at best.  Oh, and he has one of those, but won't even tell me what field it is in (something that I think is pretty relevant to the discussion, if he's going to use it as something to support his own credibility) because it's "too personal, and he's been stalked before".  Somehow I have a hard time believing that's the reason he won't say it.