Author Topic: Seriously WTF? Another school shooting.  (Read 5026 times)

Offline Bender_Rodríguez

• Bishop
Seriously WTF? Another school shooting.
« on: August 27, 2012, 03:22:32 pm »
http://news.yahoo.com/student-shot-md-high-school-suspect-held-170805808.html

A 15 yo opened fire at a MD high school.  He got off 2 shots and hit a 17 yo student before teachers were able to stop him.  This is getting out of hand.  When did grabbing a gun and shooting people become the "in thing" to do?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Seriously WTF? Another school shooting.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 03:56:37 pm »
Possible scenario:

A depressed teenager who is tired of being bullied/failing at everything/feels completely alone/insert reason to be depressed about school here does not want to go to school, but has to by law.  This means facing whatever has been causing his depression is getting to him.

He hears about all of the shootings that the media has been focused on, and he snaps.  He grabs his father's/brother's/mother's/sister's gun and conceals it, intending to make a mark before dying.

The reality?  I don't know.  There's many reasons he could've done this, and until someone starts talking about his life and what it's like at that school, we won't know.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Distind

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 04:14:52 pm »
I'm just happy they managed to nab his ass so quickly.

But if you want to see me flip a gasket tell me that Zachiski's scenario is a valid response.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 04:41:33 pm »
A valid response to depression, bullying, and the media?

Nope, not on your life.  Except maybe the media.  </joking>

And yes, I'm glad they got him down before anyone died :-/
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 05:45:31 pm »
What is this?? "Summer 2012: The summer of shooting everyone up" ??

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2012, 05:51:40 pm »
I blame video games, personally. Think about it, first person shooters become extremely popular, and now lots and lots of people are going out, shooting people from a first person perspective. Can you really say that it's a coincidence? I think not.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 05:58:24 pm »
I blame video games, personally. Think about it, first person shooters become extremely popular, and now lots and lots of people are going out, shooting people from a first person perspective. Can you really say that it's a coincidence? I think not.

Also, that darn metal music.  Everyone knows it's of Satan, and it's no surprise that it leads kids to shooting other kids.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 06:51:44 pm »

Also, that darn metal music.  Everyone knows it's of Satan, and it's no surprise that it leads kids to shooting other kids.

Or those girls wearing pants.  Damn if they weren't wearing pants they wouldn't be exciting unnatural lust in boys and then they wouldn't shoot up their schools.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2012, 07:15:21 pm »

Or those girls wearing pants.  Damn if they weren't wearing pants they wouldn't be exciting unnatural lust in boys and then they wouldn't shoot up their schools.

WATCH YOUR FUCKING LANGUAGE YOU FUCKING HEATHEN!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2012, 08:59:04 pm »

I wonder if there's actually been an increase in gun violence, or if it's just being featured more prominently in various media in the aftermath of the Colorado and Sikh temple incidents.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2012, 09:07:25 pm »
Good point, the media does love a good shooting of some sort to freak out about, just like they like missing white girls.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2012, 09:22:21 pm »
These last two "mass shootings" are actually one guy injured (here) and one guy shot by the actual shooter with the rest being hit by the cops trying hit him. Yeah, the media is definately exaggerating a bit.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 10:24:18 pm »

No, more "Summer 2012: The summer of one incident making everyone focus on everything as the next mass shooting"
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 11:53:42 pm »
I'm surprised they aren't talking more about the Chicago shootings since this all began. A lot more people got shot over the weekend there.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2012, 12:15:07 am »

I can't believe no one has brought up the THEORY of evolution yet. When you teach kids they come from monkeys, they're going to act like monkeys! And we all know that angry monkeys go to monkey school to shoot their monkey classmates with their monkey guns!
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.