Author Topic: 14-year old womens & peace activist assassinated by Taliban  (Read 10392 times)

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
14-year old womens & peace activist assassinated by Taliban
« on: October 10, 2012, 09:10:24 am »
Let me emphasize. Malala Yousafzai, a 14-year old girl who spoke out against the Taliban's rule in the mountainous region bordering Pakistan and its attempts to supress women's education, was deliberately assassinated by Taliban thugs. For asking girls to be educated.

Police said a bearded man approached the bus and asked which of the girls was Malala. When one of the girls pointed at her she denied it. The gunman shot both girls, although police say three people were wounded in all.

A Taliban spokesman, Ehsanullah Ehsan, claimed responsibility on behalf of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), the Pakistani offshoot of the Taliban movement notorious for its restrictions of women's freedom and female education during the five years before late 2001 when they were in power in Afghanistan.

"She was pro-west, she was speaking against Taliban and she was calling President Obama her ideal leader," Ehsan told Reuters. "She was young but she was promoting western culture in Pashtun areas," he said, referring to the main ethnic group in north-western Pakistan and Afghanistan from which the Taliban finds most of its followers.

The Taliban had previously announced the girl was on their "hit list" because of her backing for "the imposition of secular government" in Swat.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/oct/09/taliban-pakistan-shoot-girl-malala-yousafzai

So far she and the rest of the group seem to have survived. Doctors have removed the bullet from her head, though at this time it remains to see how badly she is truly injured. The shooting has jarred the Pakistani nation, horrified that such an incident is occurring. Many of the leftists are tying this to the government's limp response to the Taliban and the country's general backwards direction due to the Islamists.
Murtaza Salangi, the director of Pakistan Radio, said people were standing up to be counted as if this was their own daughter.

"I think it is a watershed moment because the outpouring of sympathy and support for this young girl is just unprecedented. She could be a rallying poster for people who think that extremism and terrorism is the biggest challenge, even an existential challenge, for this country."

He said the mood of revulsion extended beyond just the "educated elite", saying the switchboard at Radio Pakistan's Peshawar studio had "lit up like Christmas lights" after phone lines were opened for people across the country to contact a phone-in programme.

Rana Jawad, Islamabad bureau chief of Geo, the country's biggest news channel, compared footage played throughout the day of the unconscious Malala being loaded on to a helicopter to a 2009 clip showing a woman in Swat being beaten by the Taliban, which was constantly replayed and horrified the country.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/oct/09/taliban-pakistan-shoot-girl-malala-yousafzai?intcmp=239

Assassinating girls for asking to be educated. Great job assholes.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
Re: 14-year old womens & peace activist assassinated by Taliban
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 12:19:59 pm »
For a group that seems to be all about making martyrs, they're doing a hell of a job in making a martyr of someone who opposes everything they do. Funny how assassinations do that. I hope the girl recovers enough to (metaphorically or otherwise) kick them in their collective nuts.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 02:46:58 pm »
Methinks it's going to be sooner rather than later that these women rise up as a near whole to get equal rights.

Then it remains to be seen what happens...
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 04:21:16 pm »
I'm glad she's still holding onto life, at least. Bastards. I hate anyone who hurts kids.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 05:39:11 pm »
Wow...way to try and get people on your side.  Shooting an unarmed kid because she wants to better herself.  Awesome.

Ironbite-how do these idiots have any support?  Oh yeah.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 06:50:32 pm »
The Taliban has been assassinating civil servants and local government officials for the past few years.  But to stoop so low as to shoot a 14-year-old girl?  What kind of "morality" is that?

Poetic justice would be if her assailant is caught...and forced to fight a cage match with Anders Behring Breivik.  Now THAT would be a Pay-Per-View event worth watching.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 06:54:32 pm »
They'd probably just end up having hatesex or something.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 07:02:13 pm »
They'd probably just end up having hatesex or something.

That might actually be more worth a PPV...
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 12:26:43 am »
So is she still alive? The use of the word assassinated is confusing me.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 12:50:00 am »
Yes, she's still alive, and the wording in the title confused me too.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 03:15:17 am »
Yes, she's still alive, and the wording in the title confused me too.

Well given that she was shot in the head calling her alive might be reaching. It will depend on how much brain damage she has received.
This is especially low though. Then again for ultra conservative Muslim nations where they stone rape victims and such, it is not all that surprising. In those countries women are regarded as property and hence this kind of execution would generate little emotion out of the attacker and some hard core Muslims. I am more surprised that it is generating the outrage that it has. That actually gives me some hope for those nations.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 03:19:59 am »
the bullet didn't penetrate her brain

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 04:35:56 am »
Fundamentalism is a fucking disgusting thing. Girl advocates for education, and they fucking shoot her? Ugh. Hey Obama, why not drone strike those motherfuckers who did this?

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 12:07:31 pm »
I have a better idea: we capture them, then try and execute them under Sharia law.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 12:20:25 pm »
I have a better idea: we capture them, then try and execute them under Sharia law.
IIRC the punishment for murder is either an eye for an eye, or straight up hanging. That's boring. I say we apply the punishment used for adulterers; if anything these Middle Easterns are quite creative at preventing people from boning.