Author Topic: NaturalNews:"Pro-GMO=Nazi collaborator"  (Read 2240 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
NaturalNews:"Pro-GMO=Nazi collaborator"
« on: July 24, 2014, 07:11:14 pm »
Mike Adams of Natural News has published an article where he draws extensive comparisons between Monsanto and the Nazi regime, accuses them of causing widespread suicides, polluting the world, suppressing the truth, and probably poisoning adorable puppies just for the laughs. Not only that, but also declares that every pro-GMO scientist, journalist, news outlet, etc. is the moral equivalent of a Nazi collaborator and calls for someone to create a registry of every "Monsanto collaborator", so that they can eventually be hunted down and tried for crimes against humanity. That's not hyperbole:

Just as history needed to record the names and deeds of Nazi war criminals, so too must all those collaborators who are promoting the death and destruction caused by GMOs be named for the historical record. The true extent of their collaboration with an anti-human regime will all become readily apparent once the GMO delusion collapses and mass global starvation becomes an inescapable reality.

I'm hoping someone will create a website listing all the publishers, scientists and journalists who are now Monsanto propaganda collaborators.

It is no exaggeration to say that the biotech mafia is the most evil, most dangerous and most criminally-orchestrated group in America day, surpassing even the tactics of urban drug gangs and Wall Street investment bankers. But just like the Nazi regime, the biotech regime will also fall and I see a day when Monsanto collaborators are tracked down, arrested and tried for their crimes against humanity in a court of law.

That website has already been created, by the way. Not linking it, but I'm sure you can find it if you want.

Fortunately, Mike Adams is such a nice guy he has disclaimed that he doesn't advocate violence or vigilantism against Monsanto. Unfortunately, that was right after he a) spent the entire article saying Monsanto was modern-day Nazis and b) praised the idea of murdering Nazis:

Interestingly, just yesterday German President Joachim Gauck celebrated the lives of those brave Nazi officers who attempted to assassinate Adolf Hitler in 1944. Their attempted Wolf's Lair bombing failed, but it was an honorable attempt to rid the world of tremendous evil by killing one of the people responsible for it.

This official ceremony sends a message to the world, and that official message from the nation of Germany to the rest of the world is that "it is the moral right -- and even the obligation -- of human beings everywhere to actively plan and carry out the killing of those engaged in heinous crimes against humanity." (UPDATE: Those are the paraphrased words of the German government, not my statement.)

Let it be clear that
- Monsanto definitely is the most evil corporation alive and the moral equivalent of the Nazi regime
- Trying to kill Nazis was "an honorable attempt"
- Monsanto and "collaborators" are guilty of crimes against humanity
- Mike Adams approvingly quoted the message that it is the moral right and obligation of human beings to kill those engaged in crimes against humanity

...but Mike Adams never actually came out and said you should go around murdering Monsanto execs and pro-GMO activists. Definitely not. He just implied it as hard as he possibly could.

(Note: some people have quoted the "it is the moral right..." thing as though it had been said by Mike Adams himself. This is a mistake and it only gives them an excuse to accuse people of quote mining. Don't be an idiot, don't fall for that trap. The article is damning enough on its own)
Σא

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
Re: NaturalNews:"Pro-GMO=Nazi collaborator"
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 07:14:12 pm »
Damn you Mike Adams. See what you've done? You've made me DEFEND Monsanto!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 05:45:15 pm by lord gibbon »
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 07:18:42 pm »
I'm no fan of Monsanto, but comparing them to Nazis is more than a little extreme.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 02:56:06 pm »
Now let me call up Brad Pitt and a bunch of other guys, including a big guy with a baseball bat...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2014, 04:48:44 pm »
Natural News annoys the crap out of me. I even saw an article on there for "natural birth control", which was essentially pulling out. Yeah, see how that works for awhile, genius.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2014, 05:31:06 pm »
"Natural" is such a buzzword. Bleh.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2014, 05:49:38 pm »
Spittle-spraying hyperbole.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 06:43:11 am »
If I'm a Nazi collaborator, can I get one of those snazzy uniforms?  Maybe 'nix the swastika, though...people might not take too kindly to it.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 06:44:37 am »
If I'm a Nazi collaborator, can I get one of those snazzy uniforms?  Maybe 'nix the swastika, though...people might not take too kindly to it.
No uniforms, but Brad Pitt can carve a GMO symbol on your forehead...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2014, 12:39:46 pm »
No uniforms, but Brad Pitt can carve a GMO symbol on your forehead...

No thanks, I'm not a hat person.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.