Author Topic: If Jesus was a refugee he'd be a sinner  (Read 1329 times)

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
If Jesus was a refugee he'd be a sinner
« on: July 13, 2018, 01:36:49 am »
So Fundie Christian Paula White was asked if Trump toddler prisons were christian by someone who pointed out that Jesus was a refugee (according to Matthew anyway).  Her answer is that he wasn't a refugee because:

“I think so many people have taken biblical scriptures out of context on this, to say stuff like, ‘Well, Jesus was a refugee,'” White [said]. “Yes, he did live in Egypt for three-and-a-half years. But it was not illegal. If he had broken the law then he would have been sinful and he would not have been our Messiah.”

Okay

A) Babies can't sin.  They're babies.  Go fuck yourself.
B) If a law is unjust breaking it isn't a sin.  Seriously was Oscar Schindler a sinner then?  Okay she probably thinks he was.  Go fuck yourself.
C) Being a refugee isn't a crime.  Go fuck yourself.
D) Go fuck yourself.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: If Jesus was a refugee he'd be a sinner
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2018, 01:48:45 am »
Jesus was crucified for breaking laws. That shit is right there in the Bible. According to Paula's logic Jesus therefore failed and isn't the Messiah.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2018, 04:53:38 am »
This is a straight up nosedive into nauseating SMT LAW nonsense...and simultaneously managing to insult one part of the trinity that they supposedly hold so dear.

This makes it clear - they don't care for love. They don't care for forgiveness. The religious right cares for unyielding order, prosecution, and establishment of their own idea of a holy kingdom.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2018, 05:07:02 am »
They don't care about their religion, they just want to pick and choose the bits of it that support all the hateful shit they already want to do and cover it under the guise of "religion".

Apparently neurological studies have been done on this. When you're asked your opinion, one part of your brain lights up. When you're asked what you think another person's opinion is, a different part lights up.

Guess which part lights when you're asked what you think God's opinion is.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 04:25:47 am »
But I thought the only things that counted as sins were violating God's rules and laws. Is being a refugee against the Bible? I don't seem to remember that chapter.