Author Topic: Major Faux Pas at Kanye West Concert  (Read 5904 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Major Faux Pas at Kanye West Concert
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2014, 06:55:34 am »
It's as if he was so much of a giant douchecanoe that he's become the Douche Titanic.

Well, you have to admit that he's not a gay fish.
...?
It's a South Park reference.
Ah. I hate South Park with a passion I usually reserve for dental work and frilly dresses, so I wouldn't know.

YES!  Finally someone else who hates that show!

Well screw you guys, I'mma going home.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with Kanye.  Is he an attention whore?  An idiot savant?  What?

He's just what you get when you give a bog-standard narcissist A-list celebrity status and the exclusive entourage of yes-men and general ass-kissers that comes with it.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 09:56:42 am »
This is why I prefer Lil Jon.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 11:24:23 am »

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 09:37:00 pm »
Anyway, I'm not sure what the hell is wrong with Kanye.  Is he an attention whore?  An idiot savant?  What?

I think Kanye's arrogance and egotism we see today stems from his years working as a music producer at Roc-A-Fella Records before he made his first album.  He got to work and produce songs with some of the biggest names in Hip-hop and R&B, and at times was even sought after by big name artists working on his/her next album.  Being sought after by big names and having big name music artists speak praises for him gave Kanye the perception that he's a legend in the music industry.

The perception as a legend was so much so, that when Kanye released his album The College Dropout, he thought the album would be a shoe-in to sweep the Grammys, or at least get the "Album of the Year" award.  To Kanye's genuine surprise, neither happened, and instead of taking the losses gracefully, he essentially threw a fit over it.  While The College Dropout is a very good Hip-hop album, Kanye's behavior at and after the Grammys did not help his case of "being robbed" of the awards he felt he deserved.

Now that Kanye has produced many award winning albums, racking up more than twenty Grammys in his career as a rapper, and becoming on of the top selling music artists of all time, Kanye probably holds this belief that he has transcended into a higher level of music producing/artistry that few if any ever reach.  For people not to do as he demands, or to even slight him in any way, shape, or form, is being disrespectful to his greatness incarnate.  Like most what most egotists think, it's not his behavior that's holding him back, it's society's misunderstanding and fear of his greatness.  I also believe that most of his rants stem from this frame of mind.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 09:38:09 pm »

I think Kanye's arrogance and egotism we see today stems from his years working as a music producer at Roc-A-Fella Records before he made his first album.  He got to work and produce songs with some of the biggest names in Hip-hop and R&B, and at times was even sought after by big name artists working on his/her next album.  Being sought after by big names and having big name music artists speak praises for him gave Kanye the perception that he's a legend in the music industry.

The perception as a legend was so much so, that when Kanye released his album The College Dropout, he thought the album would be a shoe-in to sweep the Grammys, or at least get the "Album of the Year" award.  To Kanye's genuine surprise, neither happened, and instead of taking the losses gracefully, he essentially threw a fit over it.  While The College Dropout is a very good Hip-hop album, Kanye's behavior at and after the Grammys did not help his case of "being robbed" of the awards he felt he deserved.

Now that Kanye has produced many award winning albums, racking up more than twenty Grammys in his career as a rapper, and becoming on of the top selling music artists of all time, Kanye probably holds this belief that he has transcended into a higher level of music producing/artistry that few if any ever reach.  For people not to do as he demands, or to even slight him in any way, shape, or form, is being disrespectful to his greatness incarnate.  Like most what most egotists think, it's not his behavior that's holding him back, it's society's misunderstanding and fear of his greatness.  I also believe that most of his rants stem from this frame of mind.
I think that answers my question.  Thanks.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 11:41:07 pm »

Dude named his latest album "Yeezus", a fusion of the names Kanye and Jesus. That tells you his frame of mind pretty well.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2014, 01:43:51 pm »
Well, he's gotta be doing something right, considering his career's still going strong while so many other rappers have crashed and burned.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2014, 01:58:11 pm »
Probably has to do with how he's a pretty damn GOOD rapper.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet