Author Topic: Explosion at the Boston Marathon  (Read 58018 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Explosion at the Boston Marathon
« on: April 15, 2013, 03:25:53 pm »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/04/15/boston-marathon-explosion.html

Two explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon have resulted in injuries.

Bloody spectators were being carried Monday to the medical tent that had been set up to care for fatigued runners. Police wove through competitors as they ran back toward the course.

Still too early to say what happened, but I hope everyone recovers.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Explosion at the Boston Marathon
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 03:48:57 pm »
I'm really aching to know who the fuck did this! So cowardly, so vicious, so savage.... >:(
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 03:50:33 pm »
I just heard about this. I had a friend in the marathon, and thankfully he's okay. I hope all the other runners are safe, too.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 03:53:04 pm »
I'd like to know what the heck happened! Probably some fanatic with a backpack-bomb.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 03:55:53 pm »
Cue the GOP bawling about terrorism (especially if it was just some random crazy fucknugget that snapped) and stripping away more liberties in 3... 2...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2013, 03:56:29 pm »
Holy shit.  Heard about this just earlier. I live in Mass. and my mom has ran the Boston Marathon before. I know exactly the spot they're talking about. That's freaking scary. Hope nobody was killed.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:05:00 pm by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 04:09:18 pm »
Holy shit.  Heard about this just earlier. I live in Mass. and my mom has ran the Boston Marathon before. I know exactly the spot they're talking about. That's freaking scary. Hope nobody was killed.

Reporting 2 dead, 22 wounded at this time via CBS.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2013, 04:14:19 pm »

Al-Jazeera has the same figures.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 04:18:41 pm »
One of the wounded is a very close friend, like a sister to me. Holy shit holy shit holy shit.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 04:21:31 pm »

CBC has 2 dead, 23 injured now.

I don't know anyone who I know ran the Boston Marathon this year, but my heart goes out to the friends and families of the dead and wounded.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 04:24:06 pm »
Just heard from a customer at work that it's 3 dead and 24 injured now apparently.  And also found out that one of the partimer's mom is running the marathon today. No word on whether or not she was caught in it.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Delirium

• Bishop
  • "i choose my own way to burn." - sophie scholl
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 04:26:41 pm »
One of the wounded is a very close friend, like a sister to me. Holy shit holy shit holy shit.

I'm so sorry. :(

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 04:28:28 pm »
This is absolutely barbaric, I read about this on Facebook; it's mad that this world is getting more violent. I am hoping that it's not Muslim extremists and that it's just some crazy person, which of course would make the image of mental illness worse. Either way I feel bad about those that have been killed or injured.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 04:29:58 pm »
Cue the GOP bawling about terrorism (especially if it was just some random crazy fucknugget that snapped) and stripping away more liberties in 3... 2...

My thoughts exactly...also do you mind if I start using the term "fucknugget" from now on??

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 04:30:38 pm »
NBC reports police found a third bomb that they detonated with a controlled explosion.