Author Topic: Westboro Baptist Church fights illleracy  (Read 16003 times)

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
Re: Westboro Baptist Church fights illleracy
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2013, 08:31:13 pm »
I wish people would just ignore the WBC. It looks really ridiculous when you have several dozen people "counterprotesting" what amounts to be the real world equivalent of obvious internet trolls.

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2013, 09:10:30 pm »
I wish people would just ignore the WBC. It looks really ridiculous when you have several dozen people "counterprotesting" what amounts to be the real world equivalent of obvious internet trolls.
Aww, That's cute. You think those....HATEFUL BASTARDS WHO NEED TO SHUT UP AND DIE are trolls.
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2013, 09:13:04 pm »
Aww, That's cute. You think those....HATEFUL BASTARDS WHO NEED TO SHUT UP AND DIE are trolls.

You're giving them exactly what they want by getting upset.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2013, 09:14:33 pm »
If they had the tools, I don't doubt they'd go Operation Zero Tolerance on the GLBTQ community. Trolls fish for outrage and publicity.

These people just want their Sentinels.

Tl;dr: Westboro Baptist Church are disgusting monsters, and treating them as anything but is like thinking the Klan is just a joke.
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 09:40:40 pm by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 09:32:11 pm »
Jesus supported divorce in cases of adultery. So it wasn't 100% "marriage for life."

Offline Silhouette

• Neonate
  • Something clever belongs here...
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2013, 09:47:58 pm »
"The Westboro Baptist Church is said by some to be Hyper-Calvinist (certainly they endorse all the beliefs of Hyper-Calvinism). Others object that this as unfair to Hyper-Calvinists—Westboro Baptist Church's beliefs are far more extreme than that of historic Hyper-Calvinism. Hyper-Calvinist denominations have historically tended to be withdrawn and inward-looking, and by contrast Westboro Baptist Church is very publicity-seeking—although most denominations seek publicity to bring souls to Christ, Westboro Baptist sees its role as bringing people knowledge of their damnation. In contrast, while many Hyper-Calvinist churches would see the vast majority of humanity as reprobate, they do not see it as being their job to bring that fact to public attention."

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Hyper-Calvinism
WTF should I put here?!               was gaptt

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 10:59:17 pm »
"The Westboro Baptist Church is said by some to be Hyper-Calvinist (certainly they endorse all the beliefs of Hyper-Calvinism). Others object that this as unfair to Hyper-Calvinists—Westboro Baptist Church's beliefs are far more extreme than that of historic Hyper-Calvinism. Hyper-Calvinist denominations have historically tended to be withdrawn and inward-looking, and by contrast Westboro Baptist Church is very publicity-seeking—although most denominations seek publicity to bring souls to Christ, Westboro Baptist sees its role as bringing people knowledge of their damnation. In contrast, while many Hyper-Calvinist churches would see the vast majority of humanity as reprobate, they do not see it as being their job to bring that fact to public attention."

QFT: short, sweet, to the point, and quoting a source. kudos to you, and barely ten posts in! you rock!
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2013, 11:20:46 pm »
"The Westboro Baptist Church is said by some to be Hyper-Calvinist (certainly they endorse all the beliefs of Hyper-Calvinism). Others object that this as unfair to Hyper-Calvinists—Westboro Baptist Church's beliefs are far more extreme than that of historic Hyper-Calvinism. Hyper-Calvinist denominations have historically tended to be withdrawn and inward-looking, and by contrast Westboro Baptist Church is very publicity-seeking—although most denominations seek publicity to bring souls to Christ, Westboro Baptist sees its role as bringing people knowledge of their damnation. In contrast, while many Hyper-Calvinist churches would see the vast majority of humanity as reprobate, they do not see it as being their job to bring that fact to public attention."

QFT: short, sweet, to the point, and quoting a source. kudos to you, and barely ten posts in! you rock!

Indeed.  Very very very good. :)

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2013, 12:04:08 am »
God Hats Fogs!

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2013, 12:27:03 am »
God Hats Fogs!

So god gets pissed if I drink London fogs?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2013, 12:34:03 am »
^No no no.  He gives them hats!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:35:51 am by SpaceProg »

Offline Silhouette

• Neonate
  • Something clever belongs here...
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2013, 12:37:30 am »

Indeed.  Very very very good. :)

Why, thank you ;D *takes a bow*
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 12:41:44 am by gaptt »
WTF should I put here?!               was gaptt

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2013, 12:39:42 am »
^No no no.  He gives them hats!

Well...that was embarrassing. I've now lost any and all right to mock these guys XD

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2013, 07:49:38 am »

And end this?

Why?

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2013, 10:08:56 am »

I would agree with you......except they harass & torment mourners at funerals! If they were just on a random street corner being goofy, yes, I'd say "ignore them". However, they mentally torture folks who are mourning in a funeral. Funerals should be a peaceful time of remembrance, reflection & tribute....not the mental equivalent of Guantanamo incarceration.

This is why people blab about these turkeys & their inbred family hate-cult of doom.

...unless they're Vincent Cheung. But I agree the Phelps Hate Cult of Doom takes Hyper-Calvinism & turns it into OMG-I'M-HOOKED-ON-METH-AND-SPEED-AND-DRANK-TWELVE-GALLONS-OF-'JOLT'-AND-TWEAKIN'-BIG-TIME-*WWAAARRGH*-Calvinism.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2013, 10:11:40 am by SpukiKitty »