Author Topic: What is This I Don't Even [An Armageddon Prophecy... thing]  (Read 5424 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: What is This I Don't Even [An Armageddon Prophecy... thing]
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2012, 09:31:01 am »
If after the end of days there is 1000 years of peace, why do you need to stock up on tinned food?
If everyone is all peaceful, wouldn't the economy actually be good and function properly for a change?
I for one look forward to the peace and everything that the anti-christ is supposed to bring.
Just in case though, I have prepared the usual escape routes and survival equipment for when the zombie outbreak happens.

well if you read the book of revelations (despite the first few chapters, great read while youre high, btw) before the 1000 years of peace there will be nothing but the unraveling of human society (for about 7 years). the antichrist will demonize the jews (god's chosen people) and there will be great war during which 25% (or more?) of human population will be wiped out.

afterwards, any non-believer is doomed to hell.

When I finally got around to reading it(because of the mainpage quote that said,"read Revelation and then tell me the bible is a fairy tale.") a few months ago my thought was "the Isle of Patmos must grow some real good shrooms." Having recently rewatched Neon Genisis Evangelion I think Gainax wrote the bible if the last chapter is anything to go by, it's a true Gainax ending.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2012, 05:31:13 am »
When I finally got around to reading it(because of the mainpage quote that said,"read Revelation and then tell me the bible is a fairy tale.") a few months ago my thought was "the Isle of Patmos must grow some real good shrooms."

There's a lot more truth to that than you might realize.  Tripping was thought to be a big part of many religions, until centralized churches formed and realized they would wield more power taking that part out.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 05:38:22 am »
When I finally got around to reading it(because of the mainpage quote that said,"read Revelation and then tell me the bible is a fairy tale.")
Whenever I read revelations it makes me wonder how anybody can take the bible seriously.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012, 11:30:13 am »

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 04:06:30 pm »

Doesn't allow hotlinking, apparently.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 05:38:01 pm »

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 04:37:27 pm »
If after the end of days there is 1000 years of peace, why do you need to stock up on tinned food?
If everyone is all peaceful, wouldn't the economy actually be good and function properly for a change?
I for one look forward to the peace and everything that the anti-christ is supposed to bring.
Just in case though, I have prepared the usual escape routes and survival equipment for when the zombie outbreak happens.

well if you read the book of revelations (despite the first few chapters, great read while youre high, btw) before the 1000 years of peace there will be nothing but the unraveling of human society (for about 7 years). the antichrist will demonize the jews (god's chosen people) and there will be great war during which 25% (or more?) of human population will be wiped out.

...That's not what the book of Revelations says at all.  It says that the Roman Empire is a Beast and that Jesus will totally replace it.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 04:45:33 pm »

...That's not what the book of Revelations says at all.  It says that the Roman Empire is a Beast and that Jesus will totally replace it.

I tried reading Revelations once (the Brick Testament version). It kind of read like a cheesy H.P. Lovecraft ripoff, what with all the multi-headed beasts and insanity and ax-crazy angels and whatnot.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 06:07:49 pm »
I've heard that Revelations was a thinly disguised allegory for the then-modern times of what was going on in the Roman empire.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2012, 06:18:46 pm »
I've heard that Revelations was a thinly disguised allegory for the then-modern times of what was going on in the Roman empire.

I've heard that the real world is an allegory for the Bible.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2012, 11:19:21 pm »
When I finally got around to reading it(because of the mainpage quote that said,"read Revelation and then tell me the bible is a fairy tale.")
Whenever I read revelations it makes me wonder how anybody can take the bible seriously.

I just read it through The Brick Testament.

What the fuck did I just read again?  It never gets less fucked up.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.