Author Topic: Thread Killer  (Read 667456 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Thread Killer
« Reply #2610 on: October 02, 2015, 11:18:53 pm »
You know you intended to erase transsexuals at stonewall. Last time you argued that point, you posted this little piece of shit from a well known transphobe in the legal community. Next time, don't throw a law professor at law student who just wrote a note that included the inadequacies of the LGb movement for transsexuals.

Carpenter's statements in that piece highlight what Paragon sought to do here. As indicia, Paragon even refers to a Transgender Stonewall as a "myth," paralleling the exact phrases from Carpenter. I belabor that Carpenter wrote this to justify transsexuals' the exclusion from the LGb movement, again so that he could project an image of normalcy by the LGb movement as he often did in his academic writings.

Quote from: Carpenter
Here is the standard story: "On the night of June 28, 1969, the New York City police raided the Stonewall Inn, a bar that included a mix of drag queens and lesbians. Led by the drag queens, the patrons fought back, igniting the gay civil rights movement. Yet the new movement soon became overly image-conscious and pushed these brave heroes to the back of the bus. It's high time we repay our debt by fully including transgender issues in gay causes, including proposed legislation."

This fictionalized account

If we learned the Stonewall police had busted up a meeting of gay white racists, instead of drag queens, we wouldn't say that should make us more attentive to the concerns of racists. These matters rise or fall on their own merits, not on the relative role groups played in distant and disputed events.

And speaking of the merits, drafting legislation is an immensely complicated task that involves putting together a coalition of supporters. Gay civil rights legislation would be stalled or effectively killed in many places if transgenders were included. The choice is often between a more inclusive bill that goes nowhere and a less inclusive bill that actually becomes law. It is not "transphobic" to make this point; it is pragmatic.

This point does not deny that drag queens participated in the riot. They did. It only makes the point that their centrality to the event likely has been exaggerated, probably for ideological reasons.

And further, you're the one that keeps dragging this up. I explained in my last post that it was a joke at the NYPD's expense and give numerous justifications for that. Instead of letting it go and conceding that it was a joke, you argue that I am making a mountain out of a molehill about erasure, when my last post mentioned diddly shit about erasure. Thing is, I was never upset, I originally posted that as a joke, and you jumped on one singular (albeit hyphenated) word so that you could start an argument. Chill the fuck out already.

I didn't know Carpenter was transphobic.  If I had, I wouldn't have referenced him, because he's (obviously) not an unbiased source.  Although it'd be nice to see some evidence of this, I see little reason to doubt you.

But I never intended to erase trans people at Stonewall.  If you'll recall, I stated from the very beginning that I wasn't sure:

Quote from: Me
Actually, there's no hard evidence to support the narrative of a Transgender Stonewall.  That doesn't necessarily mean it's not true (absence of evidence =/= evidence of absence), but we shouldn't take it for granted that it is true.

So yeah, you're the one who needs to "chill the fuck out".

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2611 on: October 02, 2015, 11:29:21 pm »
For those of you who have been reading thread killer all this time, here is a nice little prize for you. Queen has her own alcoholic boba tea recipe that is to die for.

First, steep two teabags of bigelow plantation peppermint tea in two cups of boiling water.
Next, add a tablespoon of granulated sugar
Third, mix in 2.5 fluid ounces of chilled milk
Then, mix in a shot of fireball whiskey
Chill until the tea is refrigerator temperature
Mix in bobas
Drink

This mixture has an alcohol-content of 2.5%. I made this specifically because I wanted something lightly alcoholic, but heavily caffeinated to serve as parties wind down, when people are drunk and tired, but would like to do a little bit more drinking and chilling. The low alcohol-content allows the drinker to enjoy the taste of the alcohol as it dances across the taste buds and accentuates the cinnamon and peppermint flavors. Specifically, this winter beverage will even get your Uncle Scrooge into the holiday spirit.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2612 on: October 11, 2015, 09:50:01 pm »
I have a new goal in life: take the username Ûkbûk the Black, and crush DSP in an online match.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #2613 on: October 11, 2015, 11:37:04 pm »
I dunno, that sounds like the equivalent of outsmarting a five-year-old.

I don't think I'd get much satisfaction from it, personally.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #2614 on: October 12, 2015, 12:39:43 am »
I dunno, that sounds like the equivalent of outsmarting a five-year-old.

I don't think I'd get much satisfaction from it, personally.
He'd throw a great temper tantrum.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2615 on: November 02, 2015, 07:35:05 pm »
I was just going through my 'sent messages' in the PM section on here and found this from 2014.

Hopefully they found Santa, ripped off all his flesh and liquified it to paint consistency, so the stuff is really genuine.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #2616 on: November 10, 2015, 11:42:10 am »
I'm gonna be 20 in less than a month... and I'm still in the same shitty situation that I was when I joined this forum.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2617 on: November 10, 2015, 03:00:39 pm »
Well, I'm about ready to kill my cousin, figuratively speaking, but if that comes solid, I'll send for ya, Will. No more snow! Think of it...
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #2618 on: November 10, 2015, 03:16:31 pm »
*ding*

did someone mention murder? can i help? please? i know how to make it look accidental.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2619 on: November 10, 2015, 04:34:37 pm »
Ah, mah cuz is not really murder material. He's just clueless and disruptive, due to cardiac related cognitive problems. Barges into my room anywhere from 10 to 20 times a day to say stupid shit.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #2620 on: November 10, 2015, 05:00:45 pm »
You know, I'm starting to think we should reclaim "I'm not a racist, but..."

"I'm not a racist, but that movie was awesome!"

"I'm not a racist, but I've got a mountain of work to do."

"I'm not a racist, but what do you guys want for dinner?"

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2621 on: November 10, 2015, 05:15:48 pm »
I'm a feminist but think that women should stay in the kitchen.

I'm a feminist but women should only be able to vote as there husbands direct.

I'm a feminist but women shouldn't be paid as much as men.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #2622 on: November 10, 2015, 05:16:51 pm »
@mellen: *snaps fingers dejectedly, goes back to plotting in a comfy chair*

@ultie: you've been reading xkcd, it seems.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2623 on: November 14, 2015, 05:19:46 pm »
Awww...I killed a thread.

Ironbite-how terrible of me!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2624 on: November 14, 2015, 05:53:02 pm »
Guizonde: Lots of people have done that joke. One comedian has a bit where he talks about how he occasionally says things like "I'm not racist but I think that the weather is looking fine" or something like that. Then he mentions that people always get confused and say "but that's not racist..." and he replies with "I know, I just said I'm not racist. ...Stupid [insert ethnic slur], never listen to a word I say."

EDIT: Things I have learned today: If I make a tasteless 9/11 joke on Imgur I will gain thousands of upvotes (plus some downvotes for people who think it's "too soon" or that no one is allowed to make jokes about horrible things.) but if I make a joke about Donald Trump I get downvoted to oblivion.

Either my jokes are just bad or people really like Trump.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:19:54 am by askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!