Author Topic: RR thinks bath salts are literally allowing demons into your body.  (Read 15258 times)

shykid

Re: RR thinks bath salts are literally allowing demons into your body.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2012, 07:28:56 am »
Rapture Ready is starting to become indistinguishable from Ministering Deliverance (aka Leviathon Land), the one place so bugfuck crazy that it used to make RR look sane in comparison.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2012, 07:44:46 am »
I dunno... MD's posts sound a LOT like some peoples weird hallucinations, drug trips, or night terrors.  You'd have to go pretty far into Demon Land to equal them.

Offline Atavist

• Pope
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2012, 12:38:00 am »
RR needs this whole thing to be caused by demons. Their entire belief system is based on god calling them home before the worse comes. The more they can justify that demons are causing the horrible events in the world, the more obvious it is, to them, that god must be coming soon.
If they start thinking that events are caused by chemical intake, previous psychological conditions, historical inertia, and the thousand other factors that go into creating any event or situation, then maybe god can be questioned also. And that is something they are too afraid to contemplate. It would cause their fabricated world view to come crashing down around them.

I can't believe I was ever caught up in that crap. :-[

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 12:46:37 am by Atavist »
I am too lost for shame
That it moves me unto mirth,
But I can vision a Hell of flame
For I have lived on Earth.

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2012, 07:57:31 pm »
It's as much their desire to believe in magic so they can hope to be worthy to wield "divine power"  or at the very least believe they're being protected by an invisible magic shield erected by their "Creator" because they're so special to Him.  I don't know much about bath salts, but jumping to the conclusion that it's some sort of magic powder that turns you into a undead cannibal is wilful ignorance.
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2012, 11:38:57 pm »
No, it's simply a crazy chemical mixture that makes your brain go wonky.

Of course, mental illness was once widely considered demon possession of some kind.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 02:51:46 am »
I think the zombie and vampire movies/cable shows have something to do with this too. Violent and sexual images are seared into the brain cells and the drugs bring them out any which way.

Yeah, darn that Bella Lugosi and his evil vampire movies!

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2012, 05:43:14 am »
I really can't be bothered going through the whole RR thread but has anyone blamed the surge in bath salts on gay marriage? I need that one for my RR bingo card.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2012, 08:17:28 am »
Nope, sorry. Bath salts, non prescription drugs in general, allow demonic possession to happen. That is it. And when someone disagreed, this happened:
"Folks this thread has devolved into subjective reasoning and posturing that's not advancing the discussion in an edifying manner. The topic is "sin sick" anyway and as such we're closing the thread under rule 2. "

Someone used a website (instead of the bible) to say drugs are bad in their own right, demons not withstanding. I'm glad to see RR hasn't changed.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2012, 09:22:22 pm »
Er, they do know you're not supposed to ingest the bath salts, don't they? O.o
They're discussing the kind that are sold as a legal substitute for cocaine. Kinda like the "incense" that's sold as a legal substitute for pot.

There were some kids at my school that tried smoking regular bath salts, like the stuff you put in a bath. I'm not sure how they smoked it, but they may very well used one of the bongs "water tobacco pipes" in their collection.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2012, 10:06:34 pm »
I think a kid at my school tried to snort Sharpies once.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 12:29:56 pm »

There were some kids at my school that tried smoking regular bath salts, like the stuff you put in a bath. I'm not sure how they smoked it, but they may very well used one of the bongs "water tobacco pipes" in their collection.

Put it in a spoon, hold the lighter under the spoon. Then, when it starts to smoke, using a straw/rolled up bill/whatever start sucking the smoke in. It's called "Chasing the Dragon". A bong might work, but I'm not sure what would happen when any smoke produced interacts with the water.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 04:15:31 pm »
Off topic, but I just sent my friend (who takes his Christianity VERY seriously but is also open-minded) a link to RR, and he's going to try joining.  I can't wait to see how this goes!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 06:03:40 pm »
Off topic, but I just sent my friend (who takes his Christianity VERY seriously but is also open-minded) a link to RR, and he's going to try joining.  I can't wait to see how this goes!
Banned within a week I bet.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 07:12:36 pm »
I give him 2 days max.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 07:29:05 pm »
Depends on how quick the mods find something 'wrong' with what he said and all leap on him with the third-degree.  I think the mods are a hive mind... it's weird to see them all in unison like that.