Author Topic: Town in USA rejects solar panels  (Read 1753 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Town in USA rejects solar panels
« on: December 13, 2015, 12:44:41 pm »
Because concerns were raised that the solar panels would "suck up the energy from the sun."

Link: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-town-rejects-solar-panels-amid-fears-they-suck-up-all-the-energy-from-the-sun-a6771526.html

I would like to note few more things:
a) The person who raised these concerns is a retired science teacher.
b) Their arguments included a concern that the solar panels "prevent plants from photosynthesizing."
c) I did mention that this was a claim from a SCIENCE TEACHER!?
d) Also worries that solar panels cause cancer. ...Because no one has been able to prove to her that they specifically don't cause cancer.
e) I am pretty sure that assumptions like that are against basics of scientific thought. Burden of proof, for example.

Is this some prank? Did she get paid by Exxon or something?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Town in USA rejects solar panels
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 01:07:29 pm »
Fucking inbreds.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 02:04:38 pm »
As usual, yes, inbreds are quoted, but nobody else at the meeting was. Ms. Mann must be a retired Creation Science teacher, because that was a really amazing bit of derp, surpassed only by Bobby Mann, her husband?brother?cousin?? or is he all 3?

The town already approved three other solar panel farms around the same substation, this fourth one would basically encircle the substation. There was a citizen petition, but I think the main objections were that big arrays of PV panels ain't pretty, and the town doesn't really get anything back from it; the juice goes straight to the statewide electric grid, there is no land use fee, and all the solar company provides is $7K a year for the local volunteer fire department.

Here's the regional newspaper article with a few more details: http://www.roanoke-chowannewsherald.com/2015/12/08/woodland-rejects-solar-farm/
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 10:54:08 am »
The Stupid! it burns!!  Stop, Drop, and roll!   *Stops, drops, and rolls around*  IT DOES NOTHING!!   Why Did they Lie to me?!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 03:45:07 pm »
They rejected the latest solar panel farm due to concerns for the local economy, not because they cause cancer.

http://www.snopes.com/north-carolina-town-rejects-solar-panels/