Author Topic: The most important post on this thread!  (Read 8397 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: The most important post on this thread!
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2018, 08:57:51 pm »
Sure modern monarchs like those in modern Europe are figureheads but in Saudi Arabia and Thailand they aren't. The original kings, the ones Jacob likes were defined by the fact that they were the lords with the greatest combination of strategic alliances and brute force which is the world he wants to return to!

Well, Liechtenstein's prince isn't a figurehead either, to be fair. (And apparently his people like him enough that when he threatened to take all his stuff and live in Austria unless they voted to give him more power... they gave him more power.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2018, 09:07:50 pm »
Your copy paste abilities are impressive and only demonstrate that priests were diddling kiddies centuries before Vatican 2.

And one coalition of warlords is much like any other, for the poor blighters that live under them.

It also shows that they were dealt with more harshly before Vatican 2. Any large institution will have some cases of sexual predators. What matters more is the policies on how to minimize it and punish the predators.

And the governments of Europe were not coalitions of warlords, they were nations with the King, a bureaucracy, and the rule of law. All nations were founded when different groups United. There was the rule of law and it only sucked badly for the people if the monarch was an exceptional tyrant, and in those cases, those monarchs were overthrown.
A king is a bloody warlord, that's what kings are. That's why your ancestors fought to kick one out because they didn't want to be answerable to an unelected, unrepresentative fucking warlord.

And if you were sufficiently powerful and influential like Pope Boniface VIII, you could get away with all the kiddy diddling, raping and crimes against humanity you liked and only be tried after your death, if at all!

The google definition of a warlord is “A military commander, especially an aggressive regional commander with individual autonomy.” Kings were national leaders not regional commanders. And had it not been for uniting tribes through alliances and conquest, how else would the nations of Europe be founded? And the monarchies I want restored to their thrones are the legitimate heirs to the throne of England and therefore France because of English claims to the French throne. England had a greater concept of liberties of the people coming from Anglo Saxon culture and the Magna Carta.

Yes there were evil Popes like Boniface VIII and most Catholics acknowledge that. However while Democracy is also a great system of government, evil people can use that system and avoid being held accountable as well. Every form of government is prone to corruption.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2018, 09:16:49 pm »
When power flows from one held to be infallible then accountabililty is a heck of a lot more difficult than if it's investes in elected officials and the fuedal system beloved of archaic anti-liberty types like ypu was just a pyramid of warlords with the biggest, baddest warlord sitting on top of the pile until he died of old age or someone else killed him off.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2018, 08:33:07 am »
When power flows from one held to be infallible then accountabililty is a heck of a lot more difficult than if it's investes in elected officials and the fuedal system beloved of archaic anti-liberty types like ypu was just a pyramid of warlords with the biggest, baddest warlord sitting on top of the pile until he died of old age or someone else killed him off.

You don’t understand what the doctrine of Papal Infallibility actually is.

“Papal infallibility is a dogma of the Catholic Church that states that, in virtue of the promise of Jesus to Peter, the Pope is preserved from the possibility of error "when, in the exercise of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, in virtue of his supreme apostolic authority, he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church."

So the doctrine of Papal Infallibility does not mean that the Popes are infallible. Some of them like Boniface VIII were pure evil. In fact all the post Vatican 2 Popes are wicked heretics for liberalizing the Church changing the sacred traditions, as well as knowingly covering up the pedophilia scandal.

I took sociology as a college course and see that you view past societies using the conflict perspective instead of the structural functionalist perspective. The feudal system while backward by today’s standards was a modernizing reform because after the fall of Rome, civilization went backwards and tribal, so feudalism was actually a modernization. Besides the feudal system in Merry Old England was better than the other countries because of the Anglo Saxon traditions of individual liberties and the Magna Carta that made it so that there was a House of Lords and a House of Commons meaning that the commoners had representation in the Parliament bureaucracy.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2018, 10:17:27 am »
Soo, infallible until they become sufficiently unpopular amongst a critical mass of rivals able to unseat them. Very George R. R. Martin.

Who gives a shit? Papal psuedolegal sophistry just allows for loopholes for the powerful in that wretched organisation to change their own rules when they feel like it, funny how they're loath to change them to meet the needs of their congregation that they keep literally screwing!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2018, 01:55:08 pm »
Soo, infallible until they become sufficiently unpopular amongst a critical mass of rivals able to unseat them. Very George R. R. Martin.

Who gives a shit? Papal psuedolegal sophistry just allows for loopholes for the powerful in that wretched organisation to change their own rules when they feel like it, funny how they're loath to change them to meet the needs of their congregation that they keep literally screwing!

Ugh you have poor reading comprehension skills. What I pasted said that the Pope is infallible when defining a doctrine concerning faith or moral when in the exersice of his office. That rarely happens.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2018, 07:03:30 pm »
Yup so infallible means not literally that, I comprehend that?

Bullshit in other words.

Hey does that cute little "ugh" accompany your O face when you're thinking of your cuz?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2018, 08:14:25 pm »

Bullshit in other words.

Hey does that cute little "ugh" accompany your O face when you're thinking of your cuz?

It means that the doctrine of Papal Infallibility does not mean that the Pope is always right or moral, or cannot be questioned, all it means is that any doctrine defined by the Pope when speaking Ex Cathedra concerning faith or morals to be upheld by the entire church is infallible. The last time Papal Infallibility was used was in 1950 when Pope Pius XII defines the Assumption of Mary as an Article of Faith.

And I am not thinking of my cousin anymore until you guys keep bringing it up. She committed a sin and God forgives her when she confesses her sins, and I forgive her.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2018, 08:47:54 pm »

Bullshit in other words.

It means that the doctrine of Papal Infallibility does not mean that the Pope is always right or moral, or cannot be questioned, all it means is that any doctrine defined by the Pope when speaking Ex Cathedra concerning faith or morals to be upheld by the entire church is infallible. The last time Papal Infallibility was used was in 1950 when Pope Pius XII defines the Assumption of Mary as an Article of Faith.

And I am not thinking of my cousin anymore until you guys keep bringing it up. She committed a sin and God forgives her when she confesses her sins, and I forgive her.

You'd better hurry up and marry her. I hear niam's on his way...
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2018, 08:06:45 am »

Bullshit in other words.

How does Niam know where she is on the large peninsula of Cape Cod?!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #40 on: July 11, 2018, 09:33:53 am »

Bullshit in other words.

Relax man, probably doesn't involve kidnapped Aussies or turkey basters. She could do worse...

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2018, 04:53:23 pm »

Bullshit in other words.

Bit late to be asking that question Jacob.

I saw.

I conquered.

I came.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2018, 06:15:52 pm »

Bullshit in other words.

Bit late to be asking that question Jacob.

I saw.

I conquered.

I came.

So your saying you already had sex with her? To prove your telling the truth, tell me her name.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2018, 03:06:44 am »
I owe you nothing piggy.

She's a moaner.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2018, 08:32:33 am »
I owe you nothing piggy.

She's a moaner.

I think you are making up that you had sex with her just to troll me. I honestly don’t consider it a big deal that you did, I am just curious if you are telling me the truth. Tell me her name.