Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1628656 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #6600 on: July 29, 2018, 07:21:38 pm »
Presumably the fact that Satan has dislocated his shoulder is why Jesus is so confident in the originally picture.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #6601 on: August 04, 2018, 05:50:56 am »
Jesus knows the stretch and lift properly so he doesn't dislocate his shoulder while arm wrestling.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #6602 on: August 05, 2018, 11:16:20 am »
Regarding that Ted Talk one a page back..good grief, that has to be one of the least appealing-looking cartooning styles I've ever seen.  The people look deformed or something.  I mean, I know it's a comic, it's not supposed to have people looking completely realistic, but they don't have to look hideous.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6603 on: August 26, 2018, 06:05:37 pm »
Even though this is Garrison, and I love Garrison, this is too mean spirited to be in the Best Cartoons:

« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 06:16:31 pm by davedan »

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #6604 on: August 27, 2018, 08:13:57 pm »
The fuck is he even trying to say?
Who needs a signature?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6605 on: August 27, 2018, 10:39:59 pm »
I think he's literally just celebrating his death.

Online dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6606 on: August 27, 2018, 10:59:47 pm »
Yeah, Trump hated McCain (even though McCain voted with Trump most of the time), so Garrison hates McCain. Pretty simple.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6607 on: August 27, 2018, 11:15:20 pm »
I love it how he accuses McCain of being a 'songbird' as a POW when his idol got 5 deferments.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6608 on: August 28, 2018, 02:11:33 am »
In general Twitter's reaction to his passing has been awful.

The right wing is celebrating their own former presidential candidate's death, and the Green portion is not any better.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Online dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6609 on: August 28, 2018, 03:50:46 am »
John McCain's career (both political and military) is the definition of "on the other hand".

On the one hand, he graduated 894th of 899 from his class at West Point and was generally regarded as a fuck-up aboard ship; on the other hand, he behaved more heroically than anyone had a right to ask when he was captured by the North Vietnamese.

On the one hand, he did McCain-Feingold; on the other hand, he voted for every GOP tax-cuts-for-the-rich bill.

On the one hand, he opposed torture; on the other hand, he pushed US participation in illegal, illegitimate wars.

On the one hand, he treated matters like Rove's "illegitimate black child" push polling, the "Obama is a Muslim!" issue, and Trump's "people who weren't captured" with dignity; on the other hand, he mostly voted with Bush and Trump.

And so on, and so on...
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6610 on: September 11, 2018, 07:30:31 am »

The Australian Herald Sun (local Murdoch rag) cartoonist, Mark Knight, claims not to know why African Americans are upset and can't see why people say that it's racist.

Here are some of his previous offerings.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6611 on: September 11, 2018, 10:34:38 am »
The Serena Williams cartoon is racist as fuck, no doubt about that.  Though, she did throw a childish temper tantrum when she got caught out, from what I've read.  Still being a positive role model for young girls everywhere...and people wonder why I think we shouldn't even broadcast sporting events locally.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6612 on: September 11, 2018, 03:23:42 pm »
Except she didn't actually get coached.  It was just something that happens all the time.  This ump decided to make it an issue and shame her for something he thought he heard.

Ironbite-once again the world of tennis can't stand that it's top player is a black woman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6613 on: September 12, 2018, 04:51:20 am »
This incident has many levels.

Serena didn't apparently do anything wrong during the game.

Naomi Osaka was just better than Serena and would have won the game even without that referee doing his stunts. She earned her victory and the way she was treated is disgusting.

The referee wrongly punished Serena and has been known for making questionable or wrong punishments even before this.

Serena is a sore loser. People may not be aware because she loses so damn rarely.

The crowd treated Osaka poorly and she deserved better.

Much of the reactions to Serena's tantrum has been tainted with racism and misogynism. Similar tantrums from white-male players are discussed in a completely different tone and they are merely seen as "outspoken" or defending themselves by being assertive while a black woman who acts similarly does not get a similar overly positive twist on the events.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6614 on: September 12, 2018, 05:27:55 pm »
Funnily enough you can draw Serena Williams without making her look like a minstrel in a tutu: