Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156016 times)

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #360 on: August 19, 2017, 11:55:49 am »
Why is that I don't see that story under Christian News Network on Disqus?  Odd....

Well, looks like they deleted his comments finally, at least, if not outright banned him.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #361 on: August 19, 2017, 12:02:25 pm »
Did they ever.  Wow.  Good thing, too...I don't blanch at conversations usually when they get really vile but that one crossed a line.  Knowledge Transfer is one of the scariest people ever to grace that place...equal parts conspiracy theorist, fundie, bully and complete pig.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #362 on: August 19, 2017, 01:09:34 pm »
I'm writing replies to Amos and before I finish it tells me the comment I am posting a reply to has been deleted, at least 3 times.
They do seem to be there at this point and he is still posting to me, Do you think Amos took over the moderation of CNN? There was no reason to stop me from posting.
It just posted my replies to other Amos Posts...

BTW You might get a laugh out of this... When someone does or says something that wasn't all that brainy, if you know what I mean, My husband has started to ask me if they are "being an Amos". It's a really fun thing to think when reading various things on sites, especially in comments that are too much like "an Amos"
Hope you like it.
I'll check back when I've looked at my notifications.
I actually started to think that Amos had been banned.  :o
The Word of God is Truth; if it is not in the Word of God, it is not Truth.
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Walk daily with the Lord and learn his ways.

We walk by faith, and not by sight.

Offline RWH

• Neonate
« Reply #363 on: August 19, 2017, 04:48:50 pm »
Did they ever.  Wow.  Good thing, too...I don't blanch at conversations usually when they get really vile but that one crossed a line.  Knowledge Transfer is one of the scariest people ever to grace that place...equal parts conspiracy theorist, fundie, bully and complete pig.

My goodness!  Around 80% of the posts were removed.  Knowledge Transfer is completely gone.  He was on Shorbat's discussion group.  I don't know anything about him except Right Wing Watch keeps on posting some of his more frightening beliefs.  I guess that the only way to check KT out is to get on that site and look up the disques record.  How does one know if s/he has been banned?  Amos is still on.  He just posted something about an hour ago.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #364 on: August 19, 2017, 06:53:53 pm »
Yes, Knowledge Transfer appears to be a follower of the horrible far-right Walid Shoebat.  And probably his equally horrible son Theodore Shoebat. These are kill-the-gays type people.  To follow them is tantamount to admitting you are a nazi.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #365 on: August 24, 2017, 03:12:31 pm »
This thread is heating up well.  I think it won't be long before the moderator comes in and starts cleaning house. 

Amos's new thing is just saying "ignored" to everything - proving that he doesn't know what the word IGNORE means.  Doug Bristow has shown up blowing hateful excrement all over the place, and Jason Todd/slidellman4life/Jerome Horowitz has shown up basically outraged at anyone who disagrees with any aspect of the story at all.  Lady Checkmate is of course there as a silent thumb-upper.

And let's not forget the ironically named Reason2012, doing what he does best - writing much but saying little.

http://christiannews.net/2017/08/22/parents-feel-betrayed-after-teacher-reads-transgender-themed-books-to-kindergarten-class/
« Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 05:57:14 pm by Jocasta »

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #366 on: August 24, 2017, 10:05:12 pm »
Jocasta, do Fundies appreciate being called Fundies?  :o
I was thinking of using the term but if it will have no effect, I won't bother to. :-\

Having lots of fun laughing at Amos and his  :-X"Ignore".

Might as well have fun :P, while we do a dirty job :-[.... lol!

Garbage Adams is having fun too I think. Anyone know who he is?
The Gospel is the instructions to be a better Christian and to become more like Christ. This will show our good works, and show a light that will give Glory to God.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #367 on: August 24, 2017, 11:45:38 pm »
Jocasta, do Fundies appreciate being called Fundies?  :o
I was thinking of using the term but if it will have no effect, I won't bother to. :-\

Having lots of fun laughing at Amos and his  :-X"Ignore".

Might as well have fun :P, while we do a dirty job :-[.... lol!

Garbage Adams is having fun too I think. Anyone know who he is?

I have a pretty good idea who Garbage Adams is, but I don't want to say here because I know they read this website and our posts!

"Fundie" is derogatory, I think, but some of them don't know that.  It offends some of them but not all!

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #368 on: August 25, 2017, 06:44:08 pm »
Thanks Jocasta!
How are you doing on your adventure, anything you are able to mention?
Blessings!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #369 on: August 25, 2017, 09:34:46 pm »
I strongly suspect that at least a few of the fundies would take pride in being called it.  "Damn right, I'm a fundie" or something like that, ya know....

Oh, and Amos with his "I'm ignoring you" tactic just reminds me of a little kid, or maybe even a teenager, doing the old "did someone say something?  I didn't hear anything" bit when someone else is talking to them but they don't want to listen.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:47:41 pm by KingOfRhye »

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #370 on: August 26, 2017, 01:04:43 am »
Yes isn't it a laugh to watch. He just won't connect ignore with not replying at all.

Maybe Amos is not all there, and only believes what they tell him to believe. Going on Ignore gives him more time to gather his friends resources to attempt another battle with the ones who do not agree with them.
Mostly us, at this point with a number of watchers only. Once in a while I will get a thumbs up kind of post about something I say to Amos.

This PaulValery character, does anyone know him? I thought he was honestly asking questions because he needed to know the truth, but it turned into a confrontation that I don't need to trouble myself with. It was a waste of my time because nothing he sticks in my face will trump what I have experienced personally. He didn't want answers he wanted to kick up a fuss about his loss of faith, I think.

Is he another Fundie under a different name or something?

Why do you think I keep getting guys who challenge me about something and when I reply with an answer they can't rebut, they tell me that they are Pastors? Why don't they say anything in the first post directed to me? SMH
Is this how they try to catch me off guard, do you think?
It certainly is a curious thing to happen more often that once even.
Are the Lutherans coming to challenge me or something. Is this where I start being persecuted for my faith?
Just thought I'd ask! Always a good thing to know about before hand if possible, don't you think?

Keep smiling, or start smiling if you aren't smiling yet. Pass it on to others. See how long it takes to come back to you. That's face to face smiling, no computers allowed. Walking along a street start sharing smiles and see if you find yourself smiling back at someone that you smiled at the day before. A smile goes around and comes around, Is that right? lol!
Be happy!

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #371 on: August 26, 2017, 01:47:51 pm »
Sharon, I think a lot of these people are playing a game where the object is to be more Christian than thou.  One of the favorite phrases that gets tossed around on there is "false teacher" and "false gospel".  They all think by being ultra-penitent and ultra-pious, the better the Christian they are.  Likewise, the less tolerant the better.  What does it say about Christian News Network that practically every story is about homosexuality, or transgenderism, or how Christian rights are supposedly being trampled just because someone doesn't feel it's appropriate to post a Christian monument on public property?  My first thought when I think of a place calling itself "Christian News Network" is that it's going to have positive stories offsetting all the negative ones, but it doesn't - unless that story is a "victory" where some court appeal was overturned.  The place is a joke, really.  It was started by a very unsavory character named Michael Marcavage.  RWH can tell you more about him than I can, but if you look him up online it's not pretty.

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #372 on: August 26, 2017, 03:37:56 pm »
Wow, I am honestly ashamed for not having noticed it myself.
Now I realize that you are right about their articles, but it didn't used to be like that - I don't remember it being quite so bad when I first came, but maybe I was too wrapped up in correcting Amos LOL I've had so many "discussions" going at CNN I rarely get to read the articles right now.

I have been continuing to help them to understand what they are supposed to do as Christians, and they don't want to listen. When I ask them for their great idea to change the world back to the way it was before the gay stand for E.R., they don't reply at all. So I've been able to shut a few of them up.
I just wish they would accept that there are some things that God will interfere with, but this desire of turning it back is a dream. God has never done it before, and there is no trouble seeing that it did not.
Praying for the people who have to deal with such (possible) confusion all around them. Including the hateful Christians.

I got a notice that there were 51 posts removed from my posts with Amos. All of the "Ignores" were deleted, and he's done it again since, so it will probably be deleted again.

I've told them that I finally figured out why Fundies don't know the gospel.... they can't read. They all just read part of my replies and of course it's usually the lead up to the actual reply, and they jump on things without looking further just like Amos.

I am trying very hard to be neutral in my posts, with the Christian belief being my focus. I believe that God wants us to love each other and it's confusing me because I know some things are against God's law but in the Bible it really sounds like he wants us to love each other more than he wants us to keep rebuking people about their sins the way they do. Especially since the way they do it is calling God a hateful God and he isn't. I think it's blasphemy to lie about God.

Jocasta, Thank you for your insights about the Fundies. It makes more sense although I still would not put anything past them.
You know, the more I think about it, with the childish way Amos and a few others act, I am not surprised it's a "I'm better than you contest". I hope I don't sound like that when I poke my nose into their posts!

Can everyyone let me know here if I get too harsh or un-Christian or even if I offend with how I put things, If I don't notice it I'd rather be told than let it remain in that condition. Thanks!
God bless!!

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #373 on: August 26, 2017, 06:52:45 pm »
Now I realize that you are right about their articles, but it didn't used to be like that - I don't remember it being quite so bad when I first came,

It probably wasn’t that bad. However, all such blogs tend to migrate toward where the action is happening. Even these days their articles on Boko Haram has zero comments. Indian Curfew zero, Occult-Related Crime Unit zero.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Sharon_at_home

• Apprentice
« Reply #374 on: August 26, 2017, 08:34:47 pm »
Should I go comment so they will want to tell me I'm wrong? lol!!